***UNOFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Lakers vs. Spurs (March 3)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins tonight's game?
Lakers by 10 or more
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Lakers by 10 or less
55%
 55%  [ 25 ]
Spurs by 10 or less
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Spurs by 10 or more
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
All I can say is the Kobe nut-huggers had better hope that we get a KG level player soon. Even giving Kobe guys that can play, will not result in a title. He's too impulsive. He needs a guy that isn't afraid to jump his ass if he's ball-hogging. A guy that Kobe would actually respect enough to not try and do everything.

The triangle offense scored us 27 points in the 1st qtr. Then they stopped running the triangle and it stagnated.

Kobe Nut-Huggers... Look at your signature!!! :roll:

Dont be fooled
MAGIC BRYANT isnt quite a troll but he usually has nothing but negative things to say about Kobe! How the hell do you blame Kobe for tonight, he was amazing! Stop being negative towards him!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
All I can say is the Kobe nut-huggers had better hope that we get a KG level player soon. Even giving Kobe guys that can play, will not result in a title. He's too impulsive. He needs a guy that isn't afraid to jump his ass if he's ball-hogging. A guy that Kobe would actually respect enough to not try and do everything.

The triangle offense scored us 27 points in the 1st qtr. Then they stopped running the triangle and it stagnated.

OHHH!!! So you can't be a Kobe fan without being a nut-hugger who thinks he NEVER messes up?

:roll:
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
DrDoom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Defense is the name of the game people.

None of the lakers play it anymore, and that includes #8.

-Doom
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
LakersSpirit wrote:
Jackson was wasted, on the bench... He might have filled in, when the Lakers were all cold, in the third...

He hasn't played in 3 months. What makes you think he is anywhere near game shape. He is an old, washed up loser .

You've double posted this message...try one more time. Third times a charm...maybe someone will care.

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

all in all...we played a decent game...spurs should blow us out..

they exposed key weaknesses:
1. a PG that breaks down our D
2. Soft interior
3. poor rotation on D to cover open shooters..

if we do one of those things...we could have won..
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heh Lamar had a subpar game for sure but man our defense lost this one. Letting Fin Dog pwn us.

At least Kobe got his 40. Is that his 17th 40 pt game?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

1) Lakers NEVERED recovered from Gino's 3rd quarter 3pt onslaught -- that was the Lakers achilees heel all game -- perimeter defense on the 2nd & 3rd passes -- SA hit about every 3 ptr they launched.

2) Parker penetrated as if Smush wasn't even there -- this has to be fixed!

Other than that -- Lakers played well.

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe Bryant tonight...

44pts (17/32 FG > .500) - against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

We're in the middle of the pack offensively and defensively (roughly).

Facing the Spurs, who average 95ppg - we allowed 103.

On offense, our average is 98.6 and we still scored 96 (against a great
defensive team).

Is it possible, just MAYBE... that this loss isn't Kobe's fault?

DEFENSE people.

Jesus :roll:
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant tonight...

44pts (17/32 FG > .500) - against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

defensive team).

DEFENSE people.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

all in all...we played a decent game...spurs should blow us out..

they exposed key weaknesses:
1. a PG that breaks down our D
2. Soft interior
3. poor rotation on D to cover open shooters..

if we do one of those things...we could have won..
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

bounty wrote:
You guys dont get it. we were great on the boards EARLY. The quarter ended. POP told his BETTER team to fix that and walla.

I cant get #'s I am curious to see how LO managed to get a great boxscore after a horrendous night.

DG was weak. Kwame started nice but fell asleep. What should Kobe do

How was Lamar horrendous? I would have liked to see him get more scoring opportunities, but he played well tonight, and hard.
DrDoom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Dont be fooled
MAGIC BRYANT isnt quite a troll but he usually has nothing but negative things to say about Kobe! How the hell do you blame Kobe for tonight, he was amazing! Stop being negative towards him!

He was amazing on offense, when we were already 18 points down and the game was over.

I would prefer he shut down his man, and be amazing a bit more in the 3rd and 4th so maybe these last few minutes don't look like he is just a stat padder.

-Doom
DrDoom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Dont be fooled

He was amazing on offense, when we were already 18 points down and the game was over.

I would prefer he shut down his man, and be amazing a bit more in the 3rd and early 4th so maybe these last few minutes don't look like he is just a stat padder.

-Doom
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe Bryant tonight...

defensive team).

DEFENSE people.

magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Dont be fooled

No. I'm no troll.

I just feel genuinely cheated when I see Kobe play like he did tonight. He's better than that. The team was rolling. He got caught up in the moment and, along with some bad D, shot us out of the game.

If you ever see a real Lakers/Kobe fan being overly negative, it's cause they know he's better than he's playing.

Just as he did last time we played the Spurs, if he had just throttled it back a bit when others were playing well, we would have won. He just gets too caught up in the moment. It's his strength and his weakness.

Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Lamar easily should have 8+ assists tonight if not for his teammates blowing easy scoring opportunities...
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are playing better. At least they tried to come back when they were down big. No one really expected us to win. If play like this against any other team, we win. But it's just we were playing the Spurs. Another horrendous 3rr qtr. and Finley caught fire.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

OHHH!!! So you can't be a Kobe fan without being a nut-hugger who thinks he NEVER messes up?

:roll:

Nobody said he's perfect...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Boy Manu and finley tonight combined for 10-12 from 3 pt line.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Wow! magic_bryant, I thought you were a Kobe fanatic from all your posts. Just look at your signature & username. Damn you belong with that B-Scott guy who was banned. Why Kobe didnt pass:

Because he has players that should be playing in high school. In the first have they made open shots and 2nd half they sucked. thats what bad players do, they are very inconsistent.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DrDoom wrote:
KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Dont be fooled

I would prefer he shut down his man, and be amazing a bit more in the 3rd and early 4th so maybe these last few minutes don't look like he is just a stat padder.

-Doom

Exactly.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
You guys dont get it. we were great on the boards EARLY. The quarter ended. POP told his BETTER team to fix that and walla.

I cant get #'s I am curious to see how LO managed to get a great boxscore after a horrendous night.

DG was weak. Kwame started nice but fell asleep. What should Kobe do

How was Lamar horrendous? I would have liked to see him get more scoring opportunities, but he played well tonight, and hard.

Now thats funny. he had the opportunity to get involved early. establish something, yet he failed. he passed out of the post every chance he had when he was singled by little Gino. his defense was horrid, as was the teams, but when your 12mil. more is expected. He was typical avg. role player LO. You all were waiting to annoint him after his DTown game.

Back to the LO we all know. Kobe score 40 on .500 we dont lose.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Boy Manu and finley tonight combined for 10-12 from 3 pt line.

That's what killed us right there...along with the offensive rebounds and guys like Devean unable to hit open shots.
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Finley: 8-11
Ginobili: 7-11
Parker: 10-18

Same old story. Lakers get burned by perimeter players. Smush and Kobe are more invisible on the defensive end than Odom on the offensive end.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Dont be fooled

No. I'm no troll.

I just feel genuinely cheated when I see Kobe play like he did tonight. He's better than that. The team was rolling. He got caught up in the moment and, along with some bad D, shot us out of the game.

If you ever see a real Lakers/Kobe fan being overly negative, it's cause they know he's better than he's playing.

Just as he did last time we played the Spurs, if he had just throttled it back a bit when others were playing well, we would have won. He just gets too caught up in the moment. It's his strength and his weakness.

Well tonight you are DEAD WRONG MY friend, anytime Kobe hits 50% and goes for 44 and hits all his freethrows and 4 straight threes the offense wasnt the problem. You are terribly misguided my friend, we messed up on defense! SImple! Youre a spoiled Kobe fan thats what you are, what do you expect him to do, blow fairy dust at our players to get them to hit all thier shots!??
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to: