Why do the refs keep taking threes away from Kobe?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Why do the refs keep taking threes away from Kobe?

(bleep) lame!
The_Fiend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do the refs keep taking threes away from Kobe?

uberzev wrote:
(bleep) lame!

yeah this is getting re-(bleep)-diculous
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

My question is this:

If you cannot make that obvious and simple call accurately, do you really deserve a 6-figure salary to be a supposedly "professional" official?

You could find homeless guys on skid row who could do a better job than these guys for a fifth of fortified wine and a hamburger.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

http://tinypic.com/qxqgrs.jpg
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

grrr.....

I'm not gonna whine about the officiating costing us the game, cuz we
handled that pretty well ourselves.

But Kobe in particular wasn't getting ANY calls, especially that first half.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

Looks like a 2 to me. :roll: Hi I'm Ron Garretson.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
uberzev wrote:

Looks like a 2 to me. :roll: Hi I'm Ron Garretson.

Isn't he Ron Garretson-Faber now?
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
My question is this:

If you cannot make that obvious and simple call accurately, do you really deserve a 6-figure salary to be a supposedly "professional" official?

You could find homeless guys on skid row who could do a better job than these guys for a fifth of fortified wine and a hamburger.

I don't mean to be off-topic with this question, but do the skid row denizens get fries with that burger?

SGH
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
My question is this:

I don't mean to be off-topic with this question, but do the skid row denizens get fries with that burger?

SGH

Hell, I will throw in a Chocolate Shake and a cheap toy....just get the friggen calls right for once.
SG_Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers beating Detroit and San Antonio

Oh no Lebron wouldn't like that.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

how to you blow such an obvious call?
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

what are you talking about, the foot is definetely inside 3 point line....Smoosh foot.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why the refs decided to start blowing the whistle at will in the second half. The game was being played just fine by both teams in the first half.

Of course, giving up 36 points to a team in a quarter wasn't because of the refs, but I would really enjoy a cleanly officiated game.

I actually wish the refs would go back to calling all games like they did today's first half. Let the touch fouls and nonexistant calls go. Let the players play. Free flowing games. Much more fun to watch. Much more momentum for each team.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Why does PJ wait until 1:48 left in the 4th to call a timeout presumably to address the team's defensive deficiencies? Whatever he told them during earlier stops in play clearly didn't penetrate their cerebral cortex, so why not call Time-outs and make adjustments? You'd think that after the Ginobili blitz in the third, the coaching staff could have come up with something. But no. The players kept making the same mistakes. Memo: it's not a good idea to rotate off of Finley -- he's made a handsome living shooting threes his entire career. So why leave him open. If Tony Parker is going to beat you, do your utmost to make him work for it. At least if he scores, the damage comes two points at a time. But if you leave Manu or Barry or Finley open at the arc, you go three down with each jumper.
Why does this team ALWAYS take the inintuitive path?

I thought this game was winnable. The Spurs shot way above their average percentage. A little defense applied intelligently and this is a much closer game.

Does anyone even work with Smush on his defensive technique. Even his stance when guarding Parker was idiotic. He often tried to play him straight up, not shading him either way. That gave Parker all the impetus to run Smush ragged. Shade him in one direction -- at least try to cut his options in half. But laying back on your heels is a recipe for getting taken off the dribble all night long.

Sometimes, it seems the Lakers have absolutely no clue about defense. Are we back to years past when the Lakers didn't even practice defense under Phil?

What is the continuing lack of fundamentals about? They may be in the lower rung of teams when it comes to defensive fundamentals.

SGH
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Did someone send the photo into league office and ask for an explaination?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Wow, anybody who recorded this game, watch that three point shot again in real motion. It's at about the 4:25 mark. It's soooooo obviously a three pointer. How the ref missed that is beyond me. And he made the motion that it's a two so confidently!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

What do you expect when Stern's favorite team is in town? Let's see, Bowen was holding Kobe's jersey a few times and didn't get called, yet Popvich goes ballistic on a supposed push-off from Kobe and suddenly the Sterns get calls. Parker can go to the basket and get fouled hard but since he's such a wimp they decided that Odom flagrant fouled him which clearly was not true and a momentum breaker because he missed the foul shots but the Sterns still scored on the play. Even worse, the refs take away a point from Kobe!

Just when you think Stern's cronies couldn't be any worse, they somehow dig up a level that's even lower by their pitiful standards. Let's see if that meddler Ralph Nader will send a note to the league over that one. :roll:
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Tonight the officials were flat out bad. You have the botched 3 pointer, LO's "flagrant" foul which cost us 3 points, LO's 3 second call which negated a basket, inconsistent touch foul calls yet they allowed quite a bit of contact around the basket when Kobe was driving only to get slapped upside the head.

The refs took away some key stops and key points from us, I'd argue they had a lot to do with this loss.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

CAN U SAY WWE
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe how much Kobe was attacking and not getting to the foul line. I think he didn't get to the foul line until like the 4th quarter? I guess the Spurs and Bowen (who's a dirty defender by many accounts) play the best defense in the league without fouling. No wonder they're the champs. Unbelievable..
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

It was a double standard, in the Spurs favor as usual. Even in the first half of the Detriot game we were getting (bleep) by the refs. That game we definitely played through it. But tonight was different. Floppy Argentinio gets little touch calls along with about 3 extra steps most times, but Kobe is hacked, whacked and held at will with only a few free throws late in the game. Then throw in Kobe's three being taken away and the horrible flagrant foul being called on L.O.. It's hard to beat a very good team like the Spurs with an even playing field, let alone the slanted one the refs doled out tonight.

Jake Speed, 1986
AboveTheRim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Were the refs looking at Kwames foot or what...
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

3rd quarter woes once again. But lets be real, SA was smoking hot tonight from beyond the arc in the second have I believe 8-11.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
3rd quarter woes once again. But lets be real, SA was smoking hot tonight from beyond the arc in the second have I believe 8-11.

Those points that the refs took away from us could've been the momentum killer for the Spurs. We had legit stops turn into extra points for the Spurs and legit points turn into turnovers for us in key moments of the game.
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

Bystander wrote:
what are you talking about, the foot is definetely inside 3 point line....Smoosh foot.

I think tha'ts kwame
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: