No Thoughts and :-)) Ratings tonight... (Tivo problems)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: No Thoughts and :-)) Ratings tonight... (Tivo problems)

...or I should say the problems were me forgetting to record the game. I missed the second quarter and the first half of the third. Looks like that's when the Spurs took control, too.

Sorry. If anybody else wants to step up it would be much appreciated.
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I would assume you of all people would make full use of the feature known as "Season Pass" lol. Even legends have an off day DB, not sure we want to read much about the team other than Kobe tonight anyway.

Here is a pic recap from the game..
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9642/odomissing9da.jpg

Last edited by Gr8testEver on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Nothing much to say DB,

3-pt snipers out there.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

13/7/4 doesnt equal 17-32.
kobe was kobe. Mihm was the man early, but the better team won.

hey as i said in the game thread, we beat the pistons
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Even TIVO doesn't want to watch this garbage.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Gr8testEver wrote:
Even legends have an off day, not sure we want to read much about the team other than Kobe tonight anyway.

odom played well. Hes playing with some sense of urgency these past few games. Probably happy he got invited to play for the olympics.

Kobe played great.

Downfall was the other supporting cast. Smush, Cook, and George missed some easy looks.

Overall, I thought we played pretty good against the defending champs. Manu and Finley just got extremly hot from outside in the second half. Aside from not closing out faster on those guys, i thought we played with some good energy. Hopefully they keep playing with the same level for the remaining of the season.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

What good is a disadvantage if you can’t take advantage of it? Manu guarding Lamar and he doesn’t attack him in the post? Instead L.O. lets Manu go wild from behind the 3 point line. Phil and his stubborn ways are killing this team. I’m pretty sure that JJ could have stayed in front of Manu. Why was Cook starting? Duncan was killing him in the post. Kwame did an excellent job defending him in the 2nd qtr. Yet phil comes back to Cook to begin the 3rd and he gives up a layup to TD and throws the ball away on the other end. I ask again why put Cook on TD. Phil also could have called a timeout in the 3rd qtr to kill the momentum before they went up by double digits. Jeannie may be his (bleep), but Phil has become Pop’s (bleep). Once again the refs calls/non calls hurt us. I’m not one of those guys who thinks Kobe gets fouled on every play but he made a conscious effort to attack the basket and was never rewarded. I cant believe they only credited him with 2 points on that obvious 3. Lamar’s Foul on TP??? FINALLY someone doesn’t give up an easy layup and they’re punished? He went for the ball and even though TP missed both free throws, the extra possession allowed Finley to knock down another 3. Again, JJ should have been out there. Otherwise, why sign him? Even Bynum’s length could have stopped all the penetration, yet Phil continues to slow down his progress. Cmon Phil they can’t contribute from the bench. Mihm was having a good game, how did he get buried on the bench? Another great performance by Kobe was wasted.

Having said all this, the Lakers did play hard and we were playing the Spurs. Hopefully we can beat them on the road on Friday.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

It was 1 quarter of garbage. The 3rd. Too many late rotations. Sasha. George. Walton. Odom. Finley finished with 21 points off the bench and Manu scored 12 points in the 3rd, all with 3 point shots.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers could have won this game. The first half they contested shots, and led at the half. They stopped contesting shots in the second half, and returned to same bad habits that exemplified Rudy ball.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

No worries man.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

3rd quarter blues again. Slow rotations, too many wide open, uncontested looks. Credit SA for hitting the open man and making shots.

The Lakers didn't play a full 48, except Kobe.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

no worries, DB...
living in the past is always a bad idea... tonight we double teamed duncan as we did in the past, when the spurs didn't have reliable outside shooters... when a coach does mistakes, that's perfectly natural... but when you see that their shooters are killing us and that our defensive rotations are pathetic, at this point you have to change... never changing your strategy during the game, that's very awful...
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
no worries, DB...
living in the past is always a bad idea... tonight we double teamed duncan as we did in the past, when the spurs didn't have reliable outside shooters... when a coach does mistakes, that's perfectly natural... but when you see that their shooters are killing us and that our defensive rotations are pathetic, at this point you have to change... never changing your strategy during the game, that's very awful...

Phil is the worst coach in terms of ingame adjustment.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject:

After the first half, I truly believed that we would continue to stick with them, and then, put it away, in the 4th... I was so confident, that I was looking over my baseball, and fantasy basketball teams, while just listening to the game, on my earphones... It still sounded like we were staying with the Spurs, but when I turned around, to really look at the score, I just couldn't believe it!!... How had we let them get 14 points ahead of us?? Then, I saw Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, just hitting almost all their shots. By contrast, most of the Lakers looked like they lacked confidence, and composure... We missed too many shots, and layups, in the paint...

On defense, we just weren't putting enough pressure on them. The Spurs just upped the tempo... They must have read some of my posts, and learned the secret, to making the Lakers fall apart.... Just up the tempo, and apply more pressure.
Alpha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject:

Dangit! Mitch should waive DB and sign Penny!

j/k, y'know i luv ya deebzey
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject:

LO wasn't aggressive enough to post up Manu, that's not PJ's decision.

JJ doesn't know the defensive rotation schemes to consistently defend Manu. He would have been lost at times

Why was Cook starting? Uh, he's playing better than Kwame whlle providing some offense - even though he's not providing the defensive presence.

The refs were allowing the players "play" - yet they called a flagrant foul on LO when he was defending Eva's boyfriend. No player would have done anything different and LO was definitely going for the ball?!?!

Bynum, JJ and others seemingly are not in the rotation, plus PJ is sticking with player combinations that seem to be working - the only exception is that PJ will insert Kobe and DGeorge at any time.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject:

San Antonio was unbelievable from three point range in the second half. They were six of seven in the third quarter alone! Finley couldn't miss. I thought we should have posted Odom a little more and get him the ball in the low post. Manu and Finley can't guard LO down in the post. He needs to want the ball and take advantage of his matchup.
expertla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Gr8testEver wrote:
Even legends have an off day, not sure we want to read much about the team other than Kobe tonight anyway.

odom played well. Hes playing with some sense of urgency these past few games. Probably happy he got invited to play for the olympics.

Kobe played great.

Downfall was the other supporting cast. Smush, Cook, and George missed some easy looks.

Overall, I thought we played pretty good against the defending champs. Manu and Finley just got extremly hot from outside in the second half. Aside from not closing out faster on those guys, i thought we played with some good energy. Hopefully they keep playing with the same level for the remaining of the season.

Agreed.

Other than the lapse in the third (not closing out as stated above) and Finley lighting it up in the 4th, we played very well. I loved the fact that we didn't give up. If Kobe had some help down the stretch we may have been able to make it interesting. But overall IMO a very good showing againt the world champions.

This team acts like they want to make the playoffs.
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject:

Brian Cook played his usual GREAT defense and shut Duncrap down as expected.
un1bomber
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

actually at the beggining of the game LO was aggresive and tried to post up at least 2-3 times but no one threw him the ball
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

KB8@LG wrote:
Brian Cook played his usual GREAT defense and shut Duncrap down as expected.

He was a total liability out there. His help defense is even worse. Tony Parker should have been sent flying a lot earlier. Stu was right. You need to physically challenge (not in a cheap shot way, but in getting your body in front of them, and smacking that shot into the second row) penetrating guards. Cook is so slow and tentative, and soft when he challenges a player or shot, that it is half-hearted and totally ineffective. His rebounds/minute must be terrible, too. For a big man, he's useless except that flat, streaky outside shot of his, which I would trade for some interior defense. My Cook hate is starting up again, in full force...
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

Cook is defensively challenged. Did you see the flagrant foul that was called when Parker drove the lane? That was a bad call, IMO.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

un1bomber wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

actually at the beggining of the game LO was aggresive and tried to post up at least 2-3 times but no one threw him the ball

False. LO had the ball in the post and passed out of it
Roachman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

Gr8testEver wrote:
I would assume you of all people would make full use of the feature known as "Season Pass" lol. Even legends have an off day DB, not sure we want to read much about the team other than Kobe tonight anyway.

Season pass doesn't work for Laker games. For example, if you set it when the Lakers are playing the Raptors, the stupid thing will only tape Raptors games (even Home/away is thrown off here).

What I do is a keyword wishlist. This tapes too much though since it will tape anything that mentions the Lakers. But, hey, what that mentions the Lakers can be a bad show?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
13/7/4 doesnt equal 17-32.
kobe was kobe. Mihm was the man early, but the better team won.

hey as i said in the game thread, we beat the pistons

Smush missed a few lane floaters/lay ins. Cook was off/on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: