Did Lamar Odom get high again?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

I don't get it.

He has a bad game (defensively) so that means he got high?

He's done it before so that means he'll always continue to do it?

Using that same logic, does Kobe still cheat on his wife? I'll be damned if your going to tell me that sex isn't as addicting as marijuana. I don't care how many reports are done, no one can prove that LAMAR ODOM is addicted to marijuana other then himself. You have no proof he IS doing it, we have no proof that he isn't so moot point. MOVE THE (bleep) ON.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
It wasn't just Odom's fault. It was bad team defense. Dribble penetration, 3 point shooting, low post presence, etc. Finley himself was 5-6 as well. The Spurs had 2 guys who were shooting lights out from 3 point land. Tough to beat a team when they shoot 52% from that range for a total of 36 points.

Did you even watch the game? Odom was getting killed by the dribble and his defense was a no show.

Quit portecting Odom in every way you Odom apologists it won't hurt if you be hard on him
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

Hey GameCock,

I know you're trying to bait me with those taunts and such. You're not responding with any logic at all. You're the one who was suggesting that Odom was addicted to marijuana without any proof. There is such a thing as providing evidence for claims. So you can continue to act childish, trollish, and try to bait someone else. I'm definitely done with this topic.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
I dunno....Lamar's got 2 strikes. 3rd one and he's out for 2 years. That ganga ain't worth it.

I really hope that he isn't. He's a great player, seems to be a great guy and other than some big-time mistakes his first few seasons in the league, he has been a model citizen (or so it seems from the lack of any news stories involving him). I'm really hoping that I never wake up one day to read an article about his third drug strike.

Not one of these losers know if Lamar is smoking pot, and not one of them has seen him high. They're liars and clowns. You actually can't conceal marijuana use these days against the most sophisticated tests, so I would bet a truckload of money that Lamar is not indulging at the moment.

I hope I'm not threatened with a ban or probation for these posts, but it pisses me off that I'll get threatened for posts defending Lamar for baseless rumour and innuendo and they just let whole threads go with people just making stuff up about one of our guys, one of our own, being a drug addict.

I hope you are right but the truth is you know about as much as the "losers" you are talking about...

NOBODY knows what LO is doing behind closed doors...being a former weedhead makes it much more likely that he IS continuing to use, if the only info we have is what we know to be a fact in the past and that he's exhibiting very inconsistent patterns of performance...

I'm not the one who's saying he IS doing something. If you're ignorant, and don't know him, then shut up.

WRONG TONE, jr...

I made my opinion known. This isn't about his game. This is about his life...

If you are going to act like an ---hole and take that tone with me, I will assume that you are just kissin' his --- some more and not even bothering to read the posts...

Take your f-ed up attitude to bed if you can't converse in a civilized manner...

Don't take that tone to me, and I'm not junior. You're just a clown, and your prove it with every utterance. And, addiction is not the same as dependence, or tolerance, and that Brown student information is crap.

There is no evidence that marijuana is dangerously addictive. People get "dependent" on lots of things, many of which are encouraged publicly to sell goods. Tolerance just means you have to smoke more.

This is California for chrissakes...people smoke pot pretty regularly around here and laugh at the whole Hearst-inspired racist 50s hysteria over it (see Reefer Madness and The Emperor Wears No Clothes). Marijuana is far less dangerous than alcohol use, and if Lamar wanted to smoke it in his spare time and listen to Bob Marley, without threat of suspension, I'd be right there with him. Since he can't, and tens of millions are at stake, I'm sure he can wait a few years.

Gamecock is the real JR...don't believe the hype.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

Oh, and so the punk doesn't act tough after I log out again, I'm going to logging out again in about 3 minutes, so if he talks really bad and telling me to go to bed, well, it's already in the works...though I'm perfectly calm and sober right now.

Great 24 episodes tonight.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
I dunno....Lamar's got 2 strikes. 3rd one and he's out for 2 years. That ganga ain't worth it.

I really hope that he isn't. He's a great player, seems to be a great guy and other than some big-time mistakes his first few seasons in the league, he has been a model citizen (or so it seems from the lack of any news stories involving him). I'm really hoping that I never wake up one day to read an article about his third drug strike.

Not one of these losers know if Lamar is smoking pot, and not one of them has seen him high. They're liars and clowns. You actually can't conceal marijuana use these days against the most sophisticated tests, so I would bet a truckload of money that Lamar is not indulging at the moment.

I hope I'm not threatened with a ban or probation for these posts, but it pisses me off that I'll get threatened for posts defending Lamar for baseless rumour and innuendo and they just let whole threads go with people just making stuff up about one of our guys, one of our own, being a drug addict.

I hope you are right but the truth is you know about as much as the "losers" you are talking about...

NOBODY knows what LO is doing behind closed doors...being a former weedhead makes it much more likely that he IS continuing to use, if the only info we have is what we know to be a fact in the past and that he's exhibiting very inconsistent patterns of performance...

Your hatred is unparralled... (bleep) amazing...
That this thread even exist, and is struggling to find fault with Odom is testament to a sore that has festered into an all out infection at LG...

Losers? Check the mirror Game (bleep)...

It was Finley who scored 21 from the bench while you phoney fans are making it Manu's game. This is bull (bleep), and GC if you really knew as much about the game as you would have us believe you would have seen how guard penetration was drawing the defense to the interior, and creating those wide open looks on the perimeter just like the Spurs do to every damned team in the league. I can understand DaggerintheHeart with this bull (bleep) because he knows about as much about Basketball as your average Brit, but you? Gimme a break man...

Odom was 6 of 8, and calling for the rock only to watch it go to Bryant. NO excuse. That is just how it was... NOw how in the (bleep) can you people accuse the dude of being high? That is pure bull (bleep)...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject:

Odom is high his affection on the past always catches up to him.

The guy can't live life without weed.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject:

You're a bored child thinking that this idiotic thread is masking some kind of revenge effort for you since the last game. All you've done is made a fool of yourself... As a fan you are absolutely pathetic...
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
You're a bored child thinking that this idiotic thread is masking some kind of revenge effort for you since the last game. All you've done is made a fool of yourself... As a fan you are absolutely pathetic...

I'm not gonna go so far as Shoes on all that, but Dagger I have to admit,
my hunch is that you aren't old enough to drink

Partly the spelling, the grammar, the small-caps, but I don't hate on that
stuff - to each their own.

It's more some of the topics you bring up and ideals you have about
sports (and in alot of ways how ya value things when you look at the
sports world) that has me hunchin' that you're pretty young.

For what it's worth, I crack some LO weed jokes on occasion too - but I'd
agree with Shoes it's a bit low-class to start an entire thread on it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

I could be wrong, but I think Dagger is 2.0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject:

Taking a break from the weed talk...

Can anyone tell me who was guarding Odom for most of the night? Did he enjoy the frequently-discussed "mismatch opportunities" against a smaller player? How is it that he managed only eight shots after being so aggressive against the Pistons?

I'd just love to take a whack at Lamar, but I missed most of the game due to a calamity at my house.

BTW, for those who don't know, turning your back to your 2-1/2 year old for more than two seconds while she's holding a cookie in one hand and a cup of milk in the other with the dog in the house is a bad, bad idea.

kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Marijuna does have addictive characteristics.

A link from a web site that turns up when searching for it:
Is marijuana addictive?
No one would argue that marijuana is as addictive as alcohol or cocaine. However, it's wrong to say that it is not at all addictive. More and more studies are finding that marijuana has addictive properties. Both animal and human studies show physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms from marijuana, including irritability, restlessness, insomnia, nausea and intense dreams. Tolerance to marijuana also builds up rapidly. Heavy users need 8 times higher doses to get the same effects as infrequent users.

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/atod/marijuana.htm

Don't mind him...he's trying to be funny...

Everybody knows that marijuana is addictive in a large portion of the community and there are few indicators for the non-addicts. In fact, 90% of chronic users would classify themselves as NON-addicts but almost all of them have no desire to try to quit!

Wonder why?

Maybe because they like to smoke. You can quit and not have any withdrawals.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
It wasn't just Odom's fault. It was bad team defense. Dribble penetration, 3 point shooting, low post presence, etc. Finley himself was 5-6 as well. The Spurs had 2 guys who were shooting lights out from 3 point land. Tough to beat a team when they shoot 52% from that range for a total of 36 points.

Did you even watch the game? Odom was getting killed by the dribble and his defense was a no show.

Quit portecting Odom in every way you Odom apologists it won't hurt if you be hard on him

If Ginobli is on fire, put Kobe on him. Odom is 6'11. He should not be guarding Ginobli. Finley is a different story so ODom does get some blame for Finley going off. But Kobe should be on Ginobli, blame Phil and get off Odom's back. Where is the thread about Kobe shooting us our of it in the 3rd. Where is the thread about Mihm and Smush getting abused constantly. The LO hate here is ridiculous. IMO he played a consistent, imperfect, hard game and we fell short as a team. Get over it
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
It's a tired old canard for these losers to badger Lamar about his past pot smoking (as if there's anything wrong with the rasta). It just makes them feel better about their miserable little lives to trash on someone else far more successful than they...

Dude you love the guy right ?

I will not blame Lamar for the loss, but he did not steped up last night defensively / offensively and we need him to show up !

the guy shows up one out of each 5 games, he's capable of more than he's doing. I know that, you know that, he knows that
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

Odom is not to blame & what the odom haters are forgetting is when they started hitting 3s Odom was playing PF with Puke & george on the floor.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject:

boricua wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
It's a tired old canard for these losers to badger Lamar about his past pot smoking (as if there's anything wrong with the rasta). It just makes them feel better about their miserable little lives to trash on someone else far more successful than they...

I will not blame Lamar for the loss, but he did not steped up last night defensively / offensively and we need him to show up !

the guy shows up one out of each 5 games, he's capable of more than he's doing. I know that, you know that, he knows that

Haters, get this through your skull. Odom averages 15-10-5. Some nights he will get 20-8-2. Some nights he gets 10-13-7. It is called an average. Some nights he will get 8-10-10. Go look at any players outside of Kobe, Iverson, James, etc.... Their past 5 games will look incosistent from game to game. You play the game how it allows you to play. I'm glad LO doesn't force it alot, Kobe forces enough as it is.

Haters, Odom is not the 2nd scoring option (He is the 2nd playmaking option). I don't think Phil asked him to be 2nd scoring option, so you are asking for something that is not in his role.

Haters, LO will never be Pippen. He is LO. Consistently 14-18pts, 8-10rbs, 4-6ast every year. Next year I say he maxes out at 18-10-6. Those are respectible numbers on any team. He is a great player, who would flourish in Detroit, New OK, New Jersey.

Haters, LO is 6'10+. He cannot guard Ginobli, Mobley, Hamilton, Carter. He can guard Prince, Jefferson very effectively though. He gets ripped for getting beat by Duncan, Garnett, Gasol. Who the hell in the NBA stops Duncan, Garnett, Gasol, etc... These are all-stars and LO is a tier below an all-star. He is not in their class and ofcourse they will be better than him.

Haters you will eat your words about Odom if that 2nd scoring option comes in. Odom is a baller that plays the team game well. He defers to Kobe, which I like because Kobe needs to be the alpha male. We get a Billups, Hinrich at point, or a Boozer, David West at PF and LO will be very good. People come up with excuses for Kobe's teammates every game, but Odom has to play with the same guys. He has to pass to Walton, Kwame, Sasha just like Kobe, and his game has been affected due to the talent around him.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
what the hell? He played good tonight.

If letting Manu Ginobili light you up with four threes in a row means you played well, then he played like a Hall of Famer.

odom closed out well. Manu was just incredibly hot. Theirs not much you can do. Bruce Bowen couldnt even stop Kobe when he gets hot.
Thanks for bringing a voice of reason... So he didn't get back to defend a 3pt attempt after helping FORCE the Spurs to settle for a lower % attempt after doubling a player with a better position. What do you want? Is he supposed to stick with a guy outside the arc, and leave a teammate iso'd closer to the basket? If a player hits 4 3's in a row, that's a freak occurance at best (unless, of course, that player is named Kobe Bryant).
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
boricua wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:

Haters, get this through your skull. Odom averages 15-10-5. Some nights he will get 20-8-2. Some nights he gets 10-13-7. It is called an average. Some nights he will get 8-10-10. Go look at any players outside of Kobe, Iverson, James, etc.... Their past 5 games will look incosistent from game to game. You play the game how it allows you to play. I'm glad LO doesn't force it alot, Kobe forces enough as it is.

Haters, Odom is not the 2nd scoring option (He is the 2nd playmaking option). I don't think Phil asked him to be 2nd scoring option, so you are asking for something that is not in his role.

Haters, LO will never be Pippen. He is LO. Consistently 14-18pts, 8-10rbs, 4-6ast every year. Next year I say he maxes out at 18-10-6. Those are respectible numbers on any team. He is a great player, who would flourish in Detroit, New OK, New Jersey.

Haters, LO is 6'10+. He cannot guard Ginobli, Mobley, Hamilton, Carter. He can guard Prince, Jefferson very effectively though. He gets ripped for getting beat by Duncan, Garnett, Gasol. Who the hell in the NBA stops Duncan, Garnett, Gasol, etc... These are all-stars and LO is a tier below an all-star. He is not in their class and ofcourse they will be better than him.

Haters you will eat your words about Odom if that 2nd scoring option comes in. Odom is a baller that plays the team game well. He defers to Kobe, which I like because Kobe needs to be the alpha male. We get a Billups, Hinrich at point, or a Boozer, David West at PF and LO will be very good. People come up with excuses for Kobe's teammates every game, but Odom has to play with the same guys. He has to pass to Walton, Kwame, Sasha just like Kobe, and his game has been affected due to the talent around him.

Agree with you in most part but not in the one yo said "Odom is a great player" because he's not. He's a pretty all around good layer but he's not great dude

Last edited by boricua on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

Zhengi and critcalbd,

Both of you are childish in your responses and ignorant when it comes to medicine.

I'm not an expert but I will tell you there has been NO PROOF that marijuana is not a life long addiction.

Does it have the same effects as CRACK? NO. But neither did I say that...

You want to believe that LO is NOT smoking? Fine. I have said REPEATEDLY that I HOPE you are right.

But I actually grew up around weedheads and drugdealers. It was not a good experience. I have NEVER seen somebody who was a known weed head just say they would NEVER touch the stuff again. I have seen people say they don't WANT to go that route again.

All I said was that it takes INTIMATE knowledge of Lamar Odom's life to say with any certainty that he DOES NOT continue this habit...

I won't respond to you nonsense and immature declarations again because you don't see that I would NEVER hope that a young BLACK man ruin his life over some BULL-CRAP...

So you can call me a hater. Say I hate LO. But I DON'T want him to RUIN his life behind weed. If you had paid attention to my posts, you would realize that and the attitude would not be neccessary...

I'm going to PM you this post so you KNOW what I'm talking about. I don't care if you respond or not.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

boricua wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:

In short, we should be happy with Odom's mediocrity/inconsistency...right?
So, you're happy/contented with Odom's 18 pts followed by 10 the next game, 20 followed by 8 routine...well, the ones you call "haters" are not happy with it...if that makes me a "hater", if demanding consistency from our $11 million man & co-captain makes me a "hater", then by all means I'm a "hater" and (bleep) proud of being one. Peace.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."

Last edited by Drifts on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

That this thread even exist, and is struggling to find fault with Odom is testament to a sore that has festered into an all out infection at LG...

It was Finley who scored 21 from the bench while you phoney fans are making it Manu's game. This is bull (bleep), and GC if you really knew as much about the game as you would have us believe you would have seen how guard penetration was drawing the defense to the interior, and creating those wide open looks on the perimeter just like the Spurs do to every damned team in the league. I can understand DaggerintheHeart with this bull (bleep) because he knows about as much about Basketball as your average Brit, but you? Gimme a break man...

Odom was 6 of 8, and calling for the rock only to watch it go to Bryant. NO excuse. That is just how it was... NOw how in the (bleep) can you people accuse the dude of being high? That is pure bull (bleep)...

Shoes...

You're way off base. My comments were jokes. I even said that LO played well.

Why am I incurring your wrath? I suggest you re-read the thread. You get a pass on this one.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Shoes...

Why am I incurring your wrath? I suggest you re-read the thread. You get a pass on this one.

Dude, my apologies really... I'm sensing your sincerity... LO is certainly not above criticism.

However I just thought this thread was completely out of line, and has nothing to do with his game...
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Shoes...

Dude, my apologies really... I'm sensing your sincerity... LO is certainly not above criticism.

However I just thought this thread was completely out of line, and has nothing to do with his game...

It didn't...

It got out of hand when a few guys started taking it personal. I wouldn't joke about a man messing up his life. That's classless...
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

Please. Don't even begin to compare the consistency of superstars like Kobe, Iverson, and LeBron to players masquerading as second options like Odom.

Kobe's last ten games (points, assists, rebounds):
43-3-6, 40-4-5, 42-5-4, 35-5-6, 28-8-4, 40-6-8, 39-8-4, 36-10-6, 27-4-6, 39-9-3

Iverson's last ten games:
33-9-2, 47-12-2, 40-10-7, 29-6-3, 38-5-4, 30-8-5, 29-12-2, 18-3-0, 42-9-8, 33-7-5

LeBron's last ten games:
37-7-9, 33-8-11, 19-12-7, 26-6-4, 22-7-9, 25-9-7, 33-5-6, 26-9-2, 43-11-12, 44-5-3

Odom's last ten games:
13-4-7, 24-10-5, 7-1-6, 16-3-8, 8-5-12, 14-7-10, 8-1-9, 19-9-6, 20-6-17, 17-3-3

It's clear that Kobe, Iverson, and LeBron are playing their respective roles very well on a consistent basis. Kobe is scoring at an insane rate; Iverson is getting his points and spreading the wealth at the same time; LeBron is playing his usual all-around game.

It's obvious that the only thing that Odom does consistently is rebound well. But really, is he being paid all that money to simply just rebound? You have to do more than that when you're the second-best player on the team. Stinkers like 7-1-6 and 8-1-9 stick out like a sore thumb. How can a player go from 20-6-17 and 19-9-6 to 8-1-9 and 7-1-6? He is the paragon of inconsistency.

Quote:
Haters, LO will never be Pippen. He is LO. Consistently 14-18pts, 8-10rbs, 4-6ast every year.

Yeah, the key words being every year. The team would benefit substantially more from consistent production on a game-to-game basis. For more details, see above.

Quote:
Haters, LO is 6'10+. He cannot guard Ginobli, Mobley, Hamilton, Carter. He can guard Prince, Jefferson very effectively though. He gets ripped for getting beat by Duncan, Garnett, Gasol.

No, he's getting ripped because of his inability to simply stay in front of his man and just get a hand up, as opposed to running at his man like a madman right as he's getting his shot off.

Last edited by drzucchini on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: