Did Lamar Odom get high again?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

If you guys are going to turn this into another LO bashing thread, I'm out...

I was concerned about LO tokin' up again. We've beaten his inconsistent performance pattern to death. If there is nothing more, I'm bowing out too.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
if demanding consistency from our $11 million man & co-captain makes me a "hater", then by all means I'm a "hater" and (bleep) proud of being one. Peace.

Then I am a hater too cuz I expect more out of a player with his skills and paycheck.
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

I believe he was
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

People like Shoes think i'm a Odom hater which i'm not but when the guy is always gonna disappear each time he has a good game before that then there is no point giving this guy any love. the only reason Shoes even likes Odom is he doesn't care about consistency.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

Bottom line with LO.
were we more shocked at his performance against the Pistons
OR
Were we more surprised by his performance last night.

That sums up what kind of player he is
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Bottom line with LO.
were we more shocked at his performance against the Pistons
OR
Were we more surprised by his performance last night.

That sums up what kind of player he is

This is exactly how he is bounty, it's hard to give the guy any kind of love if he's gonna play 1 good game and then lay another egg the next game.

i'm not sure if this is a mentally ill thing but it's pretty annoying.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

LO is a decent all around peformer, the probles is that he's that only on a given night, then he disapears for 3 or 4 games and then comes back. His inconsistency is way over the limits.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

Who made the connection that smoking weed makes someone inconsistant? If Odom's smoking affected his play, he'd either suck all the time or be good regardless...And I doubt he smokes RIGHT before the game... if he smoked the night before, it makes no difference, because he wouldn't be high anyways by game time...I swear, some of the posters here are so inexperienced and just speak out their ass all the time...How many of you have actually smoked weed? I bet it's not that many of you... :roll:
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
Who made the connection that smoking weed makes someone inconsistant? If Odom's smoking affected his play, he'd either suck all the time or be good regardless...And I doubt he smokes RIGHT before the game... if he smoked the night before, it makes no difference, because he wouldn't be high anyways by game time...I swear, some of the posters here are so inexperienced and just speak out their ass all the time...How many of you have actually smoked weed? I bet it's not that many of you... :roll:

Blaming Lamar's inconsistency on the weed is just ridiculous. His heart is the real problem.
lakers4lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

waste of a post.
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
Haters, get this through your skull. Odom averages 15-10-5. Some nights he will get 20-8-2. Some nights he gets 10-13-7. It is called an average. Some nights he will get 8-10-10. Go look at any players outside of Kobe, Iverson, James, etc.... Their past 5 games will look incosistent from game to game. You play the game how it allows you to play. I'm glad LO doesn't force it alot, Kobe forces enough as it is.

Please. Don't even begin to compare the consistency of superstars like Kobe, Iverson, and LeBron to players masquerading as second options like Odom.

Kobe's last ten games (points, assists, rebounds):
43-3-6, 40-4-5, 42-5-4, 35-5-6, 28-8-4, 40-6-8, 39-8-4, 36-10-6, 27-4-6, 39-9-3

Iverson's last ten games:
33-9-2, 47-12-2, 40-10-7, 29-6-3, 38-5-4, 30-8-5, 29-12-2, 18-3-0, 42-9-8, 33-7-5

LeBron's last ten games:
37-7-9, 33-8-11, 19-12-7, 26-6-4, 22-7-9, 25-9-7, 33-5-6, 26-9-2, 43-11-12, 44-5-3

Odom's last ten games:
13-4-7, 24-10-5, 7-1-6, 16-3-8, 8-5-12, 14-7-10, 8-1-9, 19-9-6, 20-6-17, 17-3-3

It's clear that Kobe, Iverson, and LeBron are playing their respective roles very well on a consistent basis. Kobe is scoring at an insane rate; Iverson is getting his points and spreading the wealth at the same time; LeBron is playing his usual all-around game.

It's obvious that the only thing that Odom does consistently is rebound well. But really, is he being paid all that money to simply just rebound? You have to do more than that when you're the second-best player on the team. Stinkers like 7-1-6 and 8-1-9 stick out like a sore thumb. How can a player go from 20-6-17 and 19-9-6 to 8-1-9 and 7-1-6? He is the paragon of inconsistency.

LOL did you even read is post? He said look at anyone OUTSIDE of those 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:

LOL I don't think its something to be proud of.

BUT, I don't think people think hes high while hes playing but more that he's thinking (perhaps addicted as some may argue) about getting high WHILE playing the game which makes him lose interest in the game.

Hope that made sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
Haters, get this through your skull. Odom averages 15-10-5. Some nights he will get 20-8-2. Some nights he gets 10-13-7. It is called an average. Some nights he will get 8-10-10. Go look at any players outside of Kobe, Iverson, James, etc.... Their past 5 games will look incosistent from game to game. You play the game how it allows you to play. I'm glad LO doesn't force it alot, Kobe forces enough as it is.

Please. Don't even begin to compare the consistency of superstars like Kobe, Iverson, and LeBron to players masquerading as second options like Odom.

Kobe's last ten games (points, assists, rebounds):
43-3-6, 40-4-5, 42-5-4, 35-5-6, 28-8-4, 40-6-8, 39-8-4, 36-10-6, 27-4-6, 39-9-3

Iverson's last ten games:
33-9-2, 47-12-2, 40-10-7, 29-6-3, 38-5-4, 30-8-5, 29-12-2, 18-3-0, 42-9-8, 33-7-5

LeBron's last ten games:
37-7-9, 33-8-11, 19-12-7, 26-6-4, 22-7-9, 25-9-7, 33-5-6, 26-9-2, 43-11-12, 44-5-3

Odom's last ten games:
13-4-7, 24-10-5, 7-1-6, 16-3-8, 8-5-12, 14-7-10, 8-1-9, 19-9-6, 20-6-17, 17-3-3

It's clear that Kobe, Iverson, and LeBron are playing their respective roles very well on a consistent basis. Kobe is scoring at an insane rate; Iverson is getting his points and spreading the wealth at the same time; LeBron is playing his usual all-around game.

It's obvious that the only thing that Odom does consistently is rebound well. But really, is he being paid all that money to simply just rebound? You have to do more than that when you're the second-best player on the team. Stinkers like 7-1-6 and 8-1-9 stick out like a sore thumb. How can a player go from 20-6-17 and 19-9-6 to 8-1-9 and 7-1-6? He is the paragon of inconsistency.

LOL did you even read is post? He said look at anyone OUTSIDE of those 3.

People have so much hate, they don't read at all man. It's all emotions. Odom is not "great" as far as history of basketball, or even this generation. But he is a great team player IMO. I think he is a great player to have starting next to Kobe.

It seems Odom has been pretty consistent in 7-8 of tha last 10. But Oh wait, he has no impact. He only fills up the stats at the end of the game like Kobe in Sacramento.

Go look at Artest last 10 games.
Go look at Peja's last 10 games
Go look at R. Lewis last 10 games.

People in Odom's calibur of player, do not put up consistent games every night. They have games like he did last night. I agree, 5-5-2 is unacceptable from Odom, and he has had a few of those this season. I agree with you guys the days he is bashed for those performances.

But damn. I've never seen a player hated on by his own teams fans so much. Especially when he is easily the 2nd best player on the team, and actually works as a piece next to Kobe.

The problem is, you guys think Pierce, T-Mac with Kobe wins. They don't. Kobe+18/8 player+Odom+ better PG production is how you win a championship. As you see 2/4 pieces are here. We need the other 2. You think past Lakers win with just Kareem and Magic. No. You need Wilks, Cooper, Scott, Worthy, Fisher, Fox, Horry.

Odom is a good bball player and if you actually watch the game, you see he is critical on keeping so many possessions alive. Just tap outs, box-outs, willing to give the "experiment Kwame" an extra pass after 4 TO's in a row. He is a team player, and with better players,he plays better ball, just like with Miami.

I mean this is like TO hate, but from within Laker Nation. I hate Kwame, but I don't jump on him every damn second of the day. Give the dude a break is all some of us ask. Let him have a year under Jackson, and if he doesn't improve by trade deadline next year, with better players, I'll jump on the trade LO bandwagon.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I think LO's biggest problem for the fans is that he actually does try and stay in the triangle since this is his first year.

Ladies, and gentleman this years tri is not yielding a whole lot of opportunities for everybody in it! Lo got a lot of opportunities against Detroit. In this contest he was mostly left to hustle off the glass, and try and find shot opportunities.

Calling LO a slacker in this game is bull (bleep)...
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

When will these moron's stop making stuff up just to take a whack at LO. Some dumba$$ on a message board spews some crap about seeing LO high in a video store or makes some stupid groundless accusations based on some uninformed observation of how LO is playing and a multi-page thread ensues with everyone that's just waiting to take a shot at the guy climbing on board. What a freakin' joke. You LO haters are like lemmings. One of you start running for the cliff and the rest you just follow along.

This is totally counter productive to everything relevant to what this board should be. If you have specifics on ways to improve this team and LO's game in particular great. If not keep you BS to yourself. You're only harming the team that you supposedly are supporting.

Last edited by ElginBaylor on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

ive seen LO have worse games. he had 17/4/3. below avg, but not terrible. team defense was the main reason we lost last night.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Sometimes I think LO's biggest problem for the fans is that he actually does try and stay in the triangle since this is his first year.

Lmao Shoes, who are you kidding? LO's biggest problem his whole career has been Keyword: CONSISTENCY.

Now i'm not sure rather or not you know that word specifically but if you do you will know why alot of us fans don't like him and mostly because he's not getting the job done becomeing the 2nd option the Lakers hoped/knew Odom can become.

You're not very good at making excuses so please stop Shoes.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

One thing that ive seen an improvement with this season, his kobe has taken control of the team. He is now unquestionablely , #1 and its obvious that no one will question that for the reaminader of his time on the lakers, we wont have anymore "he's the GM" B.S going on. Lamar does defer too kobe, and after the run this team has made this season, i fully expect phil too push Dr.Buss too bring in another 18-20 ppg scorer, not a superstat but a scorer, too compliment L.O and kobe, preferably it would be a pg but cant be too picky.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

Lmao Shoes, who are you kidding? LO's biggest problem his whole career has been Keyword: CONSISTENCY

I have to agree until Odom proves me wrong
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm not talking about his career child. I'm talking about last nights game.
History lessons have nothing to do with the fact that only one other player shot 11 shots.

You know squat about basketball, yet you still come in here with your silly threads, and baseless snide remarks...

The sad thing is it makes you feel good to think that you've got Odom pegged because of a contest where the team was out of sync most of the second half. Only a nitwit would start a thread perpetuating such a falsehood. So many of you huh... Dude, you're no more than oppose you. Like I said what LG has turned into is whose bragging rights is it tonight on Odom

Well, guess what? At least when the Odom supporters do get to slam "you folks" the Lakers are winning. HOw foolish do you look trying to win over fans bragging about how "you" have chest beating rights over a loss?

Grow up kid...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Well, guess what? At least when the Odom supporters do get to slam "you folks" the Lakers are winning. HOw foolish do you look trying to win over fans bragging about how "you" have chest beating rights over a loss?

Grow up kid...

The Lakers do not win when Odom is not agressive, Shoes watch the Pistons game and you will see what the difference was, you're being to kind right now.

When Odom ever becomes a consistent player then i will start respecting him as a Player but for now i will make sure i can dig up more gold to feed on you Odom apologists.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

When Odom ever becomes a consistent player then i will start respecting him as a Player.

Me too, and I am really looking forward to odom to prome me wrog when i say he's not worth his salary.

peace
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Grow up kid...

The Lakers do not win when Odom is not agressive, Shoes watch the Pistons game and you will see what the difference was, you're being to kind right now.

When Odom ever becomes a consistent player then i will start respecting him as a Player but for now i will make sure i can dig up more gold to feed on you Odom apologists.

Dig on, I've never been impressed with it anyway. Others have pointed to you're inability to comprehend what is going on, and express an intelligent insight pretty often. You watch games, but apparently haven't a clue as to what is happening in the game. So really I'm wondering why I don't just ignore you.

You're so annoying that somebody needs to tell you something. I quit though. You're a kid who enjoys talkin (bleep), and that's fine. Everybody should enjoy that part of there life...

Have fun kid...

I'm outta here...
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
what the hell? He played good tonight.

If letting Manu Ginobili light you up with four threes in a row means you played well, then he played like a Hall of Famer.

odom closed out well. Manu was just incredibly hot. Theirs not much you can do. Bruce Bowen couldnt even stop Kobe when he gets hot.

Kobe is this generation's Jordan. Ginobili is merely a good player. When you manage to "hold" Kobe to 43, you give yourself a pat on the back. When Ginobili lights you up like that, it's time to tie a noose around your neck. Besides, what was it that Kobe said in response to somebody being on fire? "I don't believe it when they say 'Oh, that player is just hot today.' F--- that! Cool his ass off then."

you make ganobli sound like this avg player. havent you been paying attention the last few years? its not easy to guard ganobli.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Just for the record, somebody said that if Odom is caught again its a 2 year ban. That isn't true, under the new CBA marijuana is not on the banned substance list...if he test positive again its only a 5 game suspension (maybe 6)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: