Complain all you want, the Lakers are getting better..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, this team is really starting to fight for the playoffs. I love watching their play on the court. We only lost by 7 in this game. Yet, we as Laker fans know that if the spurs didn't become hot in the 3rd quarter we might have pulled a supposed upset. This team is really starting to show some character. I don't know what took them so long to start playing like this. Kind of weird that this all started to happen once Ronny was playing a little more. I love the energy the Lakers were bringing. They still have a ways to go. Since I think they can improve defensively. Not bad at all.

I know I always seem harsh on the Lakers. But, that's cause I want them to win so badly. I hate seeing this great organization have losing seasons. I want them to get better. It seems like they are starting to get that. Maybe that's all this team needed. Something to fight for. Now they need to keep this intensity up for the rest of the year. We do that and a possible 7th or 6th seed is within reach.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

KB8LJ23 wrote:
Seriously, this team is really starting to fight for the playoffs. I love watching their play on the court. We only lost by 7 in this game. Yet, we as Laker fans know that if the spurs didn't become hot in the 3rd quarter we might have pulled a supposed upset. This team is really starting to show some character. I don't know what took them so long to start playing like this. Kind of weird that this all started to happen once Ronny was playing a little more. I love the energy the Lakers were bringing. They still have a ways to go. Since I think they can improve defensively. Not bad at all.

I know I always seem harsh on the Lakers. But, that's cause I want them to win so badly. I hate seeing this great organization have losing seasons. I want them to get better. It seems like they are starting to get that. Maybe that's all this team needed. Something to fight for. Now they need to keep this intensity up for the rest of the year. We do that and a possible 7th or 6th seed is within reach.

Agree 100%.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:

To me, fighting for the playoffs means maintaining defensive intensity for 48 minutes. This Laker team contested shots for the first two quarters, and led at the half. The fact that they sauntered out in the third quarter and stopped playing defense speaks volumes about the mental weakness of this team.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

Too bad Kobe is the only one on the Lakers who feels like demoralizing/demolishing/annihilating the other team every night. If they all had that mentality, we would win those games against those losers. Instead we go easy on them and we become losers.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject:

It seems like this team has been playing better offensively the last few weeks. They're running the triangle better, and other guys are stepping up and giving Kobe enough help. We're not exactly an offensive powerhouse, but I think the days of Kobe having to shoot 30+ times and score 40+ points just for us to have a chance are over. Early in the year I wondered if we could even make the playoffs because of the lack of offensive firepower outside of Kobe.

This team will probably make the playoffs if they stay healthy. At this point I think it's more about the mental aspects and intangibles. Defense is more important for this team than offense right now, but maybe it's just about not having mental lapses in general, especally on defense, focus, confidence, etc. Let's see if they can not just make the playoffs, but get the 7th seed and have some momentum going in.
yungdame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I think the Laker defense had regressed as the season progresses. And since defense is actually more critical to this team's success over the course of the season and into the playoffs (assuming they make it), that is cause for concern.

SGH

regressed?? im not sure about that one...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject:

yungdame wrote:
Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I think the Laker defense had regressed as the season progresses. And since defense is actually more critical to this team's success over the course of the season and into the playoffs (assuming they make it), that is cause for concern.

SGH

regressed?? im not sure about that one...

I'm afraid I have to agree with her there (wish it weren't so!).

We were a top-10 defensive team at one point in the season.

Since then we've slowly but steadily dropped.

Here and there we still have solid defensive games, but often times it's
the other way around (and our downward trend comparatively to other
teams only supports that).

I think we've started to level off and regain some defensive presence
since the break (Mihm and LO's return helped that, and tonight's game
obviously withstanding from that trend).

Some on here have made a bigger deal out of losing Laron Profit than
should be made, IMO - but I will say his loss hurts our depth on defense.

Not to say he was bad on offense, but Luke gets minutes that might
otherwise have gone to Laron - not to mention being able to slide LO
over more easily to PF when Laron and DG can both take SF minutes.

Again, that really is just a small part of the pie. We've dropped off as
a team overall and it's not excusable - but Profit certainly wouldn't have
hurt us to have along for the ride.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
They aren't getting "better", they are just playing harder now that they see they could miss the playoffs. We have a lot of BAD losses this year due to lack of effort and concentration...

Yeah, I count at least 5-6 'bad loses' due to what appeared to be lack of effort of chemistry problems. Inconsistent team, getting better. I hope we don't do a crash-and-burn at this point but rather give another year for the team to develop as a team. Lakers need another scorer, just someone who can put it up in crunch time from outside. A young Jim Jackson would be nice.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject:

we are 500=not good, not horrible. just avg
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

Ok, so we are getting better. Big deal.

do you think Buss cares that we are "getting better" ? Do you think that he doesn't care if we make the playoff as long as we are getting better?

Come on. He promised us a playoff and a victory in the first round.

You can be satisfied with their progress. Not me. I am holding them accountable for their promises to us.

This is the Lakers.

According to Kupcake, we are about championships.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Ok, so we are getting better. Big deal.

do you think Buss cares that we are "getting better" ? Do you think that he doesn't care if we make the playoff as long as we are getting better?

Come on. He promised us a playoff and a victory in the first round.

You can be satisfied with their progress. Not me. I am holding them accountable for their promises to us.

This is the Lakers.

According to Kupchak, we are about championships.

Yea,
I dont buy it. We have starters that have regressed. Look at our winning % as of late. We still cant be consistent at home. Our road record which started off great has become garbage
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Too bad Kobe is the only one on the Lakers who feels like demoralizing/demolishing/annihilating the other team every night. If they all had that mentality, we would win those games against those losers. Instead we go easy on them and we become losers.

man I agree, Kobe is the only 100% competitor in our roster
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: