Lamar not at fault in this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

Lamar was not exactly a defensive stopper last night dude. If we are going to win, we need him to step up, and he does that one out of each 5 games and that's about it.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

KA_2 everybody knows that is you!
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

boricua wrote:
Lamar was not exactly a defensive stopper last night dude. If we are going to win, we need him to step up, and he does that one out of each 5 games and that's about it.

If we are going to win, everyone has to step it up. Odom isn't a defensive stopper but outside of Kwame and Kobe who else on the squad really has that much of a defensive presence.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
boricua wrote:

If we are going to win, everyone has to step it up. Odom isn't a defensive stopper but outside of Kwame and Kobe who else on the squad really has that much of a defensive presence.

Devean isn't bad...

The Lakers need to work nothing, but situations today. The defense shouldn't be confused like that. If your not going to yell "switch, or cover," then they better instinctively know what the hell to do...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
He had Gino on him enough in the post where he should have exploited but instead passed out.

Your a damn lie when e had him posted up they went to someone else. he had called for the ball plenty f times without receiving it.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
bounty wrote:
He had Gino on him enough in the post where he should have exploited but instead passed out.

Your a damn lie when e had him posted up they went to someone else. he had called for the ball plenty f times without receiving it.

No Im not lieing. He passed out more than once. He made 2 shots in the 1st half. 1 was a 3. He scored 5 pts.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
boricua wrote:

Devean isn't bad...

The Lakers need to work nothing, but situations today. The defense shouldn't be confused like that. If your not going to yell "switch, or cover," then they better instinctively know what the hell to do...

That was the BIGGEST problem last night...

Half of the team playing man.
Half of the team playing help.

That means half of the other team is wide open. Result? see last night.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

I agree completely, but don't U think a little offensive help would made the difference ?

Defense was a terrible problem for us, but our second mas getting 13 ? and none else in double digits ? We have some extreme offensive issues.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:

When in disagreement, call the others bandwagon fans or question their knowledge.

It works real well.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
When in disagreement, call the others bandwagon fans or question their knowledge.

It works real well.

I guess thats why you call people stupid instead :roll:
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Excellent.

I'm glad you see this GC.

I mean that's really what allowed the SAS to get those sort of looks. The man defense was basically inside and at point. After that it was help. The problem is obvious.

We have a clear idea (or atleast I think I do) of what it will take for the Lakers to become an elite team.

Two-way players + a defensive anchor.

Bynum, Kwame, Turiaf need to say because they are bigs that could defend inside for us.
Bryant is the centerpiece.
If possible keep Cook for the bench to spark the team's offense.

PG situation needs a HUGE upgrade.

Upgrade PG, and bring along Bynum+Kwame+Turiaf for next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Does the triangle offense really need a natural PG? Smush plays at the 1 spot but he's really a 2, why do we need a PG when we have Odom handleing the ball most of the time?

what we need is depth & a 2nd option and a real starting PF.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Excellent.

I mean that's really what allowed the SAS to get those sort of looks. The man defense was basically inside and at point. After that it was help. The problem is obvious.

We have a clear idea (or atleast I think I do) of what it will take for the Lakers to become an elite team.

Bynum, Kwame, Turiaf need to say because they are bigs that could defend inside for us.

Agree, a PG upgrade is MUST DO. And I think Ronny will be better than Kwame by far
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Does the triangle offense really need a natural PG? Smush plays at the 1 spot but he's really a 2, why do we need a PG when we have Odom handleing the ball most of the time?

what we need is depth & a 2nd option and a real starting PF.

Depth off the bench can be brought in with the MLE.

But we need to make a trade for a PG IMO. The Lakers don't have anyone that can make the elite PG's pay defensively or offensively.

Smush is neither the shooter Fisher was.
Smush is neither the passer or defender that Harper was.

Smush is a steal and I like the dunks/excitement he brings at times, but I think he is best suited to come off the bench.

If we can get George, Cook, Smush and Bynum coming off the bench next season - I would like that. But would mean we got a new starting PF and PG which I'm not sure the Lakers will do.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar not at fault in this one.

Sage_10 wrote:
I watched him get post position against Ginobili and Finely and he was asking for the ball. The perimeter players, including Kobe, didn't make the pass. As soon as he was being fronted they rotated to the weak side.

I agree that the Lakers don't exploit that mismatch enough, but part of it is LO's fault. He needs to post up much stronger. Too often he is so off-balance trying to get post position against smaller guys that they can easily use quickness to 3/4 him and front him. It's tough to get him the ball because he's never fully set and he rarely puts up a strong target hand. He also allows himself to get forced out to mid post too easily.

He would do well to just slowly walk the smaller man down into the post, set his feet and seal.

Just my opinion.
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

The thing I liked about Lamar was that he seemed to be aggressive as far as posting up was concerned. Now, if he keeps that up and we can get him to:

1) shoot a tad bit more instead of kicking it out when he's in the paint being guarded by a guy that's 6 inches shorter

2) get in the faces of guys when he's posting up and they don't give him the ball

then we'll be ok. Did he play a perfect game last night? Nope, but I do like the fact that he seemed to be agressive as hell with regards to posting up. I'm happy with small baby steps at this point.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Odom is neither the player Pippen was
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Agreed, LakersMD

Lo's fundamentals on posting up are still not appropriate for a post player that could score 8-12 points per game from there (and should)

But many times Smush and whoever is out on the perimeter will just not throw it into him.

Which is exactly why we need a new starting PG that can actually make a pass/decisions.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

But we need to make a trade for a PG IMO. The Lakers don't have anyone that can make the elite PG's pay defensively or offensively.

No one can stop the elite PG's wolf,

No one can stop Tony Parker no one can stop Steve Nash and no one can stop Mike Bibby, so who are you gonna bring that will cause the elite PG's to have a hard time against you? answer is no one.

What we lack is a 2nd option and a PF.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

boricua wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yes, so?

What does that have to do with the biggest weakness on the team being their PG play?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

No one can stop the elite PG's wolf,

No one can stop Tony Parker no one can stop Steve Nash and no one can stop Mike Bibby, so who are you gonna bring that will cause the elite PG's to have a hard time against you? answer is no one.

What we lack is a 2nd option and a PF.

Yes I agree noone can stop them. But if they had a money shooter or someone that could score - it would make Parker's job harder on defense. Parker is not a good defender but is not being exposed/exploited by us.

OTOH we get exposed at PG like no other team in the NBA.

And I agree with you. Two starting changes. PF+PG.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
boricua wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yes, so?

What does that have to do with the biggest weakness on the team being their PG play?

That Odom is a weakness too. But it's true, I think our PGs are as bad as any other tem's PGs
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Excellent.

Absolutely Wolfy. The Lakers need a "point dawg!" Not necessarily a pg. A smaller version of Ruben Patterson would be nice actually. A tenacious defender that gets embarrassed when the opposing guard freezes him, and zooms by like he wasn't there. Eric snow has gotten to old. The dude that would fit perfect is in Phoenix. Raja Bell just has 5 seasons under his belt, and kobe has to hate him. 6'5 210 has triangle written all over him, and the dude works the leagues best to death sometimes. He was out there to be signed before Phoenix grabbed him...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Absolutely Wolfy. The Lakers need a "point dawg!"

No what we need is a 2nd option something you're buddie Odom will never be .
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Excellent.

Absolutely Wolfy. The Lakers need a "point dawg!" Not necessarily a pg. A smaller version of Ruben Patterson would be nice actually. A tenacious defender that gets embarrassed when the opposing guard freezes him, and zooms by like he wasn't there. Eric snow has gotten to old. The dude that would fit perfect is in Phoenix. Raja Bell just has 5 seasons under his belt, and kobe has to hate him. 6'5 210 has triangle written all over him, and the dude works the leagues best to death sometimes. He was out there to be signed before Phoenix grabbed him...

I agree, but Mitch does not have what it takes to make that kind of move.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: