Lamar not at fault in this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Some of the Spurs just decided they wanted to make some shots tonight. Finley has oftentimes been horrible all season and Ginobili has been in a slump.

Ah what a little dose of Lakers can do to cure a slump and promote a career night!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

^
Most teams (especially a team with rivalry like the Spurs/Kings) get up to play the Lakers.

Even Pop knowing that it's Phil Jackson on the other end wants to beat him when he gets the chance. I mean it's not like these coaches have ever had the oppurtunity to beat Jackson as much as they have now.

You better believe they are extra hard on their teams when playing LA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

boricua wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

That was the BIGGEST problem last night...

Half of the team playing man.
Half of the team playing help.

That means half of the other team is wide open. Result? see last night.

I agree completely, but don't U think a little offensive help would made the difference ?

Defense was a terrible problem for us, but our second mas getting 13 ? and none else in double digits ? We have some extreme offensive issues.

So you believe that everybody should have called timeout, and said. "yo Kobe how about a pass?"

Are you serious? you think the Lakers lost because nobody else was scoring?

The defense was atrocious, and all you can talk about is the one guy who by tittle is the second option?

This is why I have left the ranks of the offensive minded. The Lakers got there asses handed to em in the third, and that game was over. It had nothing to do with LO other than his part in the defensive breakdowns..
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Shoes. the defence was atrocious I know, but Kobe has to score 43 for us to be close and that's not fair 4 him. Someone needs to help him with the offensive load so we can have a chance if we make the playoffs ( and I think we will )
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
That was the BIGGEST problem last night...

Half of the team playing man.
Half of the team playing help.

That means half of the other team is wide open. Result? see last night.

Excellent.

I'm glad you see this GC.

I mean that's really what allowed the SAS to get those sort of looks. The man defense was basically inside and at point. After that it was help. The problem is obvious.

We have a clear idea (or atleast I think I do) of what it will take for the Lakers to become an elite team.

Two-way players + a defensive anchor.

Bynum, Kwame, Turiaf need to say because they are bigs that could defend inside for us.
Bryant is the centerpiece.
If possible keep Cook for the bench to spark the team's offense.

PG situation needs a HUGE upgrade.

Upgrade PG, and bring along Bynum+Kwame+Turiaf for next season.

I completely agree...it's not too far off. I just hope that management has the same vision...
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar not at fault in this one.

Sage_10 wrote:
I watched him get post position against Ginobili and Finely and he was asking for the ball. The perimeter players, including Kobe, didn't make the pass. As soon as he was being fronted they rotated to the weak side.

oooo boy....Lamar should be able to get his own shot....Plus there are too many times when they do pass him the ball that he passes up a good shot.
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
It had nothing to do with LO other than his part in the defensive breakdowns..

That's a pretty big part.

That's like saying: I had nothing to do with that new baby, except for my part in making it.

The "LO"pologists are in rare form tonight.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar not at fault in this one.

threetimechamps wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
I watched him get post position against Ginobili and Finely and he was asking for the ball. The perimeter players, including Kobe, didn't make the pass. As soon as he was being fronted they rotated to the weak side.

oooo boy....Lamar should be able to get his own shot....Plus there are too many times when they do pass him the ball that he passes up a good shot.

Taking it a step further, have you noticed how Lamar will actually hide behind whoever is guarding him in the post sometimes? It's bad enough that he rarely fights for position in the post where he sees a nightly mismatch in his favor. But to actually hide behind the opposition just looks ridiculous.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

LO lacks confidence
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
LO lacks confidence

...and a healthy serving of gray matter.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject:

This is a funny thread, showing a lot of ignorance.

Phil directs the defense.

If Phil puts Brian Cook out there to cover Tim Duncan, guess what? He expects Lamar to help out, because any idiot knows that TD will abuse Cook and make him cook breakfast in the morning too.

So, Lamar helps out and that leaves Lamar's man open for 3. Well, the idea of leaving Manu open for 3 isn't that scary, at least not coming into the game. He hasn't been a dead-eye, and his real threat is penetration.

So, Manu makes a 3, oh well, we knew that was a risk. No need to panic. Then Manu makes another 3, and you start wonder if something is going on. But lots of guys make two 3s in a row. Manu makes the next 3 on in transition when Kobe leaves him in order to protect the post. By y'all logic, Kobe was stupid for doing that, since everyone knew after Manu made 2 straight 3s that he'd make 4, right?

This is the way games go. Sometimes guys step up and get hot for a stretch and kill your D. And let there be no doubt that was our D, because Manu has made a living killing us and other teams on dribble penetration, not 3 pointers, and Phil Jackson of all people knows that Lamar cannot stop that penetration unless he plays off Manu and gives him the 3 in most cases. It's not like Lamar wasn't getting his hand up, and lunging at Manu, he was, but the bottom line is that Lamar has to play off Manu in order to have any chance of effectively defending him in the team concept.

Look at this way...if Lamar is assigned to cover Manu, he has to play off him a bit, or Manu will abuse him. If Lamar is assigned to cover Manu, and Brian "Matador" Cook is covering Tim Duncan, the best post player in the league, then Lamar is obviously also tasked with helping Cook when Tim gets it down low.

I would love for Lamar to be a perfect defender, and be able to cover notoriously dangerous penetrators 6 inches shorter than him, while also being able to give help to one of our worst defenders in the post, while also making sure to block any attempt at a shot from behind the arc, but he's not. Noone is.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject:

shiznak wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
It had nothing to do with LO other than his part in the defensive breakdowns..

That's a pretty big part.

That's like saying: I had nothing to do with that new baby, except for my part in making it.

The "LO"pologists are in rare form tonight.

Don't misunderstand... The whole team and, I mean the whole team failed on defense because of the scheme employed.
Truth be told if LO would have ignored his role, and went for it maybe it is another game.

You can call that an excuse all you want...

I wish we had somebody else to initiate. Odom can be used in a lot of ways that would be more beneficial to this team. We don't have enough reliable scorers for his current role to be significant. The sad thing is that he is the only other one who can create shots. Jax deliberately took that job off of Kobes plate because of Lamars superior height, and Kobes nature to score....

Aaaaaaaaaahhh why explain to a hater.... Think what you like. I'm sure you've got all the answers anyway....
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar not at fault in this one.

shiznak wrote:
threetimechamps wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

Taking it a step further, have you noticed how Lamar will actually hide behind whoever is guarding him in the post sometimes? It's bad enough that he rarely fights for position in the post where he sees a nightly mismatch in his favor. But to actually hide behind the opposition just looks ridiculous.

As does this post... Good Lord...
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
TACH wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
it was no coincidence that the 2 guys that were on fire the entire game, finley and manu, were defended by who?

lamar odom.

the guy's got 5 inches on both players and he can't even defend them on some long 3 point shots. wut a travesty.

How does LO cover two people?

How about this? What if Parker can be kept out of the paint since we're just making stupid statements!

That way everybody can man up!

Parker scored how many points in the paint? That (bleep) had to be contained. The funny thing is if LO had of stayed home the same haters would be crying "Well if Odom played with any fire he would have closed the lane!"

This is stupid! Let me out of this thread!

Did you guys watch the game? Pop put Finley in for manu in the fourth. They were not on the court at the same time. Anyone who watched the game would've known this.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
TACH wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
it was no coincidence that the 2 guys that were on fire the entire game, finley and manu, were defended by who?

lamar odom.

the guy's got 5 inches on both players and he can't even defend them on some long 3 point shots. wut a travesty.

How does LO cover two people?

How about this? What if Parker can be kept out of the paint since we're just making stupid statements!

That way everybody can man up!

Parker scored how many points in the paint? That (bleep) had to be contained. The funny thing is if LO had of stayed home the same haters would be crying "Well if Odom played with any fire he would have closed the lane!"

This is stupid! Let me out of this thread!

Did you guys watch the game? Pop put Finley in for manu in the fourth. They were not on the court at the same time. Anyone who watched the game would've known this.

Finley came in for Manu late in the 3rd when he started his run. During this time Lamar was playing PF, with Kwame at C, and Devean at SF. Lamar played PF the rest of the way...
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject:

Oh, and Lamar played 45 minutes, scored 14 points (on 6-8 shooting), had 7 rebounds, 4 assists (should have been 8+), 2 steals, and a block. Whenever Kobe wasn't shooting, especially in 2nd half, Lamar was taking a good proportion of shots and points scored.

Check the tape or game log if your memory fails you.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject:

Lamar's apologists come on ! R U going to spend all your time defending him? The guy doesn't get the job done ( he's supposed to be our second man )

Lamar's hater come on ! He ain't that bad either
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: