Kobe's first free throw of the game >>7:28 mark of the FOURTH - His 27th and 28th points... LEGIT? *wanna hear from the purists
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

stojan wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, he shot a horrible % tonight.

What was it--just barely over 50%?

wow i didnt know 50% was a bad percentage from the field espicially when u rnt scoring inside.

It's not. I was being sarcastic. But you probably are, too, right?
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I rareky knock the refs but MY GOD. The Spurs have the refs in their pockets.

It's disgusting to watch how they get all the BOD calls.

Pathetic.

Oh, quit the moaning already. It was a physical game; the refs let them play. Duncan was pushed around without any calls all night long. If you're gonna flip out over a physical game in the first week of March, you better not watch the few playoff games the Lakers will get to play, because it gets tougher then.

It would be understandable if such whining was coming from a Clipper fan. Don't tell me that one losing season has made you forget what playoff basketball is about. The Lakers of a few years ago had tough-as-nails players like Fox, Horry, Shaq et al. Last year, apart from the Suns' series, the Spurs had to battle physical teams in each round of the playoffs. That's just the way it is.

It ain't the refs' fault that softies like Vujacic, Walton, Smush, Cook, etc are are with the Lakers. They'll just have to learn the hard way that April through June is a different ballgame altogether.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

stojan wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, he shot a horrible % tonight.

What was it--just barely over 50%?

wow i didnt know 50% was a bad percentage from the field espicially when u rnt scoring inside.

1st qtr... 3-3 inside, 2-3 outside
5:30 [LAL 12-16] Bryant Driving Finger Roll: Made (2 PTS) (Inside!)
5:04 [LAL 14-16] Bryant Slam Dunk Shot: Made (4 PTS) (Inside!)
3:15 [LAL 20-19] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (6 PTS) (Outside)
2:37 [LAL 22-19] Bryant Layup Shot: Made (8 PTS) (Inside!)
2:07 [LAL 24-21] Bryant Turnaround Jump: Made (10 PTS) (Outside)
0:20 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
2nd qtr... 1-1 inside, 2-5 outside
6:29 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
5:55 Bryant Layup Shot: Missed (Outside)
5:26 [LAL 38-35] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (12 PTS) (Outside)
2:07 [LAL 43-39] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (14 PTS) (Outside)
0:37 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
0:00 [LAL 45-43] Bryant Driving Layup: Made (16 PTS) (Inside!)

1st HALF: 4-4 inside, 4-8 outside 8 points each In and Out.

3rd qtr... 4-4 inside, 1-8 outside
10:14 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
9:50 [LAL 49-50] Bryant Alley Oop Dunk: Made (18 PTS) (Inside!)
9:12 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
8:47 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
7:43 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
6:46 [LAL 51-64] Bryant Driving Finger Roll: Made (20 PTS) (Inside!)
6:05 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
5:19 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
4:54 [LAL 55-68] Bryant Driving Layup: Made (22 PTS) (Inside!)
3:18 [LAL 60-74] Bryant Reverse Layup: Made (24 PTS) (Inside!)
1:06 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
0:00 [LAL 64-79] Bryant Jump Bank: Made (26 PTS) (Outside)
4th qtr... 0-0 inside, 4-7 outside
7:28 [LAL 73-87] Bryant Free Throw 2 of 2 (28 PTS) (no attempt)
6:10 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
5:23 [LAL 77-91] Bryant Free Throw 2 of 2 (30 PTS) (no attempt)
4:25 [LAL 90-103] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (33 PTS) (Outside) 3pts.
3:49 [LAL 85-96] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (36 PTS) (Outside) 3pts.
3:08 [LAL 88-98] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (39 PTS) (Outside) 3pts.
2:33 [LAL 91-100] Bryant Jump Shot: Made (41 PTS) (Outside)
1:38 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)
1:06 [LAL 92-103] Bryant Free Throw 2 of 2 (43 PTS) (no attempt)
0:10 Bryant Jump Shot: Missed (Outside)

2nd HALF: 4-4 inside, 5-15 outside 8 points In and 13 Out. 6 on FTs

GAME : 8-8 inside, 9-23 outside 16 points In and 21Out. 6 on FTs

I guess if you only watched the second half you might come away thinking that Kobe wasn't scoring inside, if you consider that the 6 points off FTs were probably on drives, and attribute those as inside points, 22 of his 43 points are inside scoring...
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
The thing that bothers me is when kobe is settling for deep jumpers he doesn't deserve to go to the line. Tonight he attacked the rim and the refs continued to ignore the fouls. I usually don't complain about the refs, but yeah kobe was robbed.

Yeah...he was visibly raked across the arm a couple of times in the first half...that made me a little upset.

Spilt milk...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

People need to understand that Kobe is one of the most physical palyers in the game. he loves contact. Sure he wants the call but he puts his nose in there more than most bigs
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

As for conspiracies?

Kobe makes more aggressive moves than almost anyone else in the league, and regularly gets more FTAs than most. Every NBA player who makes agressive moves will get fouled more than the less aggressive players, and more fouls will go un-called, partially by design. If they called every foul commited against the aggresive, elite players, the games would be unwatchable, and tediously long.

By and large, the officials do OK with foul calling, IMO, my gripe is with the other rules that go unenforced. Travelling, missed entirely too often, and not that hard to call.
Off hand clear-outs, give some fans the impression that moderately good players are better than they actually are...
Moving screens, 3 seconds, carrying the ball while dribbling, all go uncalled far too often.

At least this season they seem to be let flopping go without calling the phantom fake foul. Not completely, but better than past seasons.
PhillyDoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

This is a nebulous thread = the Spurs themselves only shot 7 foul shots and Duncan and Parker were also getting flogged! Kobe did surely deserve some calls but it goes both ways.

Points in the paint were fairly close (LAL 48 and Spurs 44) so both teams were taking inside pretty well at times. (Mihm in particular made some nice moves)

It was equal opportunity = very bad officiating on both sides, both superstars (and Parker is also rapidly moving into that territority with his improving game) should have had at least half a dozen more FTs. That is if in fact, one believes in the premise of superstars calls - I would just like to see the games called better, the whole league has game after game of bad if not horrible, and seemingly biased officiating!

The NBA per a column I wrote recently for Hoopsworld free side (http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_16416.shtml) = has to take a look at the officiating, it has gotten sublime.

Bonus Rant - why do the NBA officials frequently continue to make nebulous "superstar" calls or call the game so differently for the home versus the road team on many occasions? It seems that even among legends like Dick Bavetta, Joey Crawford, and Jack Nies there are some issues that are not discussed openly enough about their consistentcy in making calls at least. At least in the case of at least the last two on this list, the NBA lead officials are in many fans views, seemingly intent on shaping the game or calling attention unto themselves rather than simply calling the game.

The "quick whistle thing" also needs examination, as the best referees control the situation with competence rather than quick ejections for often bizarre reasons. I personally am not also so judgemental of the job Violet Palmer (who probably gets alond with Crawford the most "hate" NBA diatribes on chatrooms) does on a night in an night basis; but on at least a few occassions this year (in my opinion) she has missed some critical calls in games.

The NBA is too good a league and the games too close to have an opinionated or dare I say, on a very rare occassion, have a potentially biased referee so influence the outcome of games, but sadly we hear all the time of teams "having to play through the officiating" or how games are seemingly "stolen" by the officials in one way or another from fans, players, owners (i.e. Mark Cuban), and even coaches.

The NBA players and coaches have enough with trying to beat the other team without trying to guage and interpret how or why the referees are calling the game on any particular night - so is it in fact time for a progessive summit by the NBA "headshed" about some of the referee situations/or at least perceptions for the good of the game?

Dr. Rumm is the "SportsDoc to the Fans" and as a former editor for Basketball News Services, still contributes as a team reporter for the Sixers and articles on players, teams and medical issues.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

The game was called pretty fair overall.

Neither team was getting to the line and they let the bigs bang, which is what basketball is suppose to be like.

The only bad was how they let Bowen tap, grab and undercut Kobe.

You can't compare this to anyone else because no other defensive player on either team was doing this.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Pathetic.

It's been that way for years, Wolf. Last night wasn't even the most egregious example I can think of when it comes to the Spurs. The things Bowen alone gets away with is incredible. Here's what makes it doubly disgusting: judging by his grimaces and body language after the rare ocassions when he gets whistled, you can tell that Bowen believes he NEVER fouls anyone, even after he kicks, scratches or gouges the opponent's body parts.

Tim Duncan is even worse with his "You-called-a-foul-on-me?" routine after every call.

It's sickening.On the other hand, if you look at them cross-eyed you get called for a flagrant. i don't know the reason why, but it is OBVIOUS those guys get anywhere from 6-8 points courtesy of the refs most games. Over the course of a season, that will add up to a lot of wins. The only team that I believe gets similar treatment ONLY GETS IT AT HOME -- that being the Utah Jazz. The only other players that get similar treatment consistently from the officials are Mike Bibby and Dirk. Breathe their air, and its a two-shot foul.

But the Spurs get protection/favorable treatment literally 1-12, whether at home or away.

SGH
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Pathetic.

It's been that way for years, Wolf. Last night wasn't even the most egregious example I can think of when it comes to the Spurs. The things Bowen alone gets away with is incredible. Here's what makes it doubly disgusting: judging by his grimaces and body language after the rare ocassions when he gets whistled, you can tell that Bowen believes he NEVER fouls anyone, even after he kicks, scratches or gouges the opponent's body parts.

Tim Duncan is even worse with his "You-called-a-foul-on-me?" routine after every call.

It's sickening.On the other hand, if you look at them cross-eyed you get called for a flagrant. i don't know the reason why, but it is OBVIOUS those guys get anywhere from 6-8 points courtesy of the refs most games. Over the course of a season, that will add up to a lot of wins. The only team that I believe gets similar treatment ONLY GETS IT AT HOME -- that being the Utah Jazz. The only other players that get similar treatment consistently from the officials are Mike Bibby and Dirk. Breathe their air, and its a two-shot foul.

But the Spurs get protection/favorable treatment literally 1-12, whether at home or away.

SGH

Don't stress to much about it SGH. Stern and Jackson created the Spurs and to a lesser extent the Pistons. So just let them watch their Finals between team international vs. team plays the right way while the rest of the NBA nation watches Lost.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

^
Did you see how the minute Pop went off on the refs that the VERY NEXT play after the Time out the Lakers get an offensive foul call on them?

And Kobe's 0 FT's through 3 qtrs? It's not like he wasn't driving all game.

Even Lamar had like two and-1 plays that were ignored.

The flagarant was pure BS. Lamar had all ball and while contact was there (it was a foul) NOWAY was it a flagarant.

Top it of with that 3 pointer that they put up as a 2 -

I rarely go after the refs. Even the Detroit game I didn't think it was too bad. But last night it was just aggravating. I haven't been that pissed at the refs in years. I felt like smashing my TV. I was beyond pissed at them last night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
stojan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
guess if you only watched the second half you might come away thinking that Kobe wasn't scoring inside, if you consider that the 6 points off FTs were probably on drives, and attribute those as inside points, 22 of his 43 points are inside scoring...

apologies on that u proved me wrong but since i live in australia the only footage i tend to see is kobe making fadeaway 3's and the occasionlal 2 pointer, lukily i get 2 see lakers play spurs on the weekend, im pretty sure thats the 3rd time they have shown lakers this year in australia.

"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

stojan wrote:
Quote:
guess if you only watched the second half you might come away thinking that Kobe wasn't scoring inside, if you consider that the 6 points off FTs were probably on drives, and attribute those as inside points, 22 of his 43 points are inside scoring...

apologies on that u proved me wrong but since i live in australia the only footage i tend to see is kobe making fadeaway 3's and the occasionlal 2 pointer, lukily i get 2 see lakers play spurs on the weekend, im pretty sure thats the 3rd time they have shown lakers this year in australia.
WOW! Sorry to hear that you get so little chance to see the games. And to think, there are LA locals who cry and moan over a little inconvienience like a tape delay.

It must be especially galling to have to rely on the biased sports media to pick and choose for you what highlights you even do get to see.

G'Day!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: