Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerfanNC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: 2008..

If this team can continue to make progress. We could be very good in 2008.
Lets face it this team needs to grow some together. They are young in the post and at the PG. I personally like what I've seen the last few games. They
are seeming to undertstand what it takes to win. I'm not saying there wont be more frustrating losses but they just look more confident. If Finley didnt get hot the Lakers would have won. I can see now not to push the panic button. I think we 'll see more growth in 2007. I just have a feeling...what do u think?
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: 2008..

lakerfanNC wrote:
If this team can continue to make progress. We could be very good in 2008.
Lets face it this team needs to grow some together. They are young in the post and at the PG. I personally like what I've seen the last few games. They
are seeming to undertstand what it takes to win. I'm not saying there wont be more frustrating losses but they just look more confident. If Finley didnt get hot the Lakers would have won. I can see now not to push the panic button. I think we 'll see more growth in 2007. I just have a feeling...what do u think?

I agree with you, their core players need to stick together. I'm glad that Kobe and Lamar on the US team but also wish they weren't just because they could have used this summer to work out with members of there team. If we do have Lamar next year at least him and Kobe will spend some time together this summer.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject:

i don't want to wait that long.

i don't think we'll have to. Not with Kobe. I see the promise here too. what we really need this summer is the kind of summer the Pistons had in 2003. When a trade (Hamilton), a draft pick (Prince) and a free agent signing (Billups) each produced a starter/core piece to a championship mix that was completed by the final free agent piece (R. Wallace) a year or so later. That should be our "2007" plan. Put ourselves in position for that vital piece ... while also making moves along the way to gather core pieces.

It may even turn out that one or more of those pieces is already on our roster, but just needs a little more work to get there. Certainly the pieces will need time to gel.

So i totally agree with your main point, that they need time to grow.
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject:

This team is full of busts. We first need to get players with upside.

Green, Sasha, McKie, Cook, Puke, Mihm, are not worth developing. They will never become 2 way players and without players that can do more than 1 thing you have no chance for contention.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject:

out of curiosity, wouldn't Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton have been considered by some as busts? Ben Wallace too for that matter?

To compare those Pistons and some of our Lakers is apples an oranges.

But I do believe that its arguable that a bust this year, can be a more than solid contributor next year.

I love seeing a guy come in and contribute immediately. For the length of the season.

But I will give a Laker one full season as a part of the regular rotation before sealing my opinion of him. But I do understand the frustration is all part of being a true fan. But so is hope and optimism.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: