Mocking Duncan Was Pretty Classless
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Mocking Duncan Was Pretty Classless

If you're going to be an idiot (or can't control how much you drink) then just stay home.

It was a pathetic display by the couple hundred morons who know nothing about being a good sport. Totally uncalled for, IMO.
Wannabeer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

cant judge the fans because of a few idiots...I heard some cheers too when he got up...but your right it doesnt make the Lakers look good at all.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

it appeared to be a flop initially, which is why he was mocked. When it became obvious he was actually hurt people stopped.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:

Wannabeer wrote:
cant judge the fans because of a few idiots...I heard some cheers too when he got up...but your right it doesnt make the Lakers look good at all.

I'm not judging everyone - I'm calling out the few hundred idiots.

And yes, I was one of those who clapped politely when he got to his feet and left the court (as I would for any player who is injured).
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
it appeared to be a flop initially, which is why he was mocked. When it became obvious he was actually hurt people stopped.

Nothing in the face area should be mocked...eye injury is a quick way to end a career...
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

Drunk fans should learn to control themselves or security has to do it for them
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Nothing in the face area should be mocked...eye injury is a quick way to end a career...

Kirby Puckett is a sobering reminder of that.
PhillyDoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

Most Lakers fans including almost all on this site are very classy from attending games there.

It is a sign of the times this happened, if Kobe went down in the ATT Center some jerks would call him out too.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

Execute them all.
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

This is nowhere close to the behavior of the classless Seattle fans. They cheered when Duncan went down after rolling an ankle in a playoff game last year, then started booing when he got up and walked to the bench.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

well, Spurs fans think it's cute when Bowen sticks his leg out to undercut shooters...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
PhillyDoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

Agreed re Seattle - low class org that dropped into the sewer with the failure to resign Nate McMillian. Ray Allen in particular acts like he is "Gods gift" to NBA but surely is not clutch.
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
well, Spurs fans think it's cute when Bowen sticks his leg out to undercut shooters...

Co-sign.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

I am not for anyone getting injured, but it is disturbing the way Duncan goes down. The littlest thing, and he goes down like he was dropped by a 9mm.....he has done this for years. I think he even kicks his legs, like little kids do. I guess I almost understand the initial reaction from fans....as it gets old.
Letumhearit
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mocking Duncan Was Pretty Classless

raffi wrote:
If you're going to be an idiot (or can't control how much you drink) then just stay home.

It was a pathetic display by the couple hundred morons who know nothing about being a good sport. Totally uncalled for, IMO.

I agree. But what do you expect, there are usually about a couple hundred Raider fans that get let in.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

Warlord23 wrote:
This is nowhere close to the behavior of the classless Seattle fans. They cheered when Duncan went down after rolling an ankle in a playoff game last year, then started booing when he got up and walked to the bench.

This is similar to Kings fans when Horry went down in a playoff game a few years ago...then booed when he got up. Luckily, he was able to return to the game.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I am not for anyone getting injured, but it is disturbing the way Duncan goes down. The littlest thing, and he goes down like he was dropped by a 9mm.....he has done this for years. I think he even kicks his legs, like little kids do. I guess I almost understand the initial reaction from fans....as it gets old.

Yeah the first thing I thought when he went down was "oh god look at that flop!". He's earned himself that reputation not he has to live with it. Just like the boy who cried wolf.
shane
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

i was there in the stands near the main group that started it and yeah, i felt a little ashamed of them
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

shane wrote:
i was there in the stands near the main group that started it and yeah, i felt a little ashamed of them

This wouldn't be the case with Spurs fans King fans and Boston fans would it? if Kobe wen't down at the SBC center you think those hacks will give any kind of appreciation when Kobe gets up? why be ashamed just because our fan base mocked Duncan which they did the right thing btw..
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

This wouldn't be the case with Spurs fans King fans and Boston fans would it? if Kobe wen't down at the SBC center you think those hacks will give any kind of appreciation when Kobe gets up? why be ashamed just because our fan base mocked Duncan which they did the right thing btw..

How classy of you. You must be basking in your "true fandom".
:roll:
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

Warlord23 wrote:

If Kobe got hurt at the SBC center what would you call the Spurs fans? btw, it wasn't to long ago when Kobe got hurt at SBC center and the Spurs fans cheered.

So don't give me that classy crap... you guys have the worst Fan base behind the King fans.
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
shane wrote:

If I'm not mistaken earlier this year when the Lakers came to San Antonio for the first game, Kobe had taken a spill, and it was damn near silent in the SBC, and when he got up you could hear everyone clapping, NOT like a standing O type clapping but little clapping just to show their sportsmanship.

Or the year where Spurs and Sonics played in the playoffs, and Rashard Lewis went down. Same thing happened then, no one mocked him even though Sonic fans disrespected Tim. I could tell you first hand since I was at both of those games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Warlord23 wrote:

If Kobe got hurt at the SBC center what would you call the Spurs fans? btw, it wasn't to long ago when Kobe got hurt at SBC center and the Spurs fans cheered.

So don't give me that classy crap... you guys have the worst Fan base behind the King fans.

You couldn't be more off.

Last edited by BigAssLakerFan on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
shane wrote:

Dagger - it doesn't make it right. There is absolutely no justification for it. Acting that way makes one an idiot. There's no use debating it -
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: