Mocking Duncan Was Pretty Classless
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
If I'm not mistaken earlier this year when the Lakers came to San Antonio for the first game, Kobe had taken a spill, and it was damn near silent in the SBC, and when he got up you could hear everyone clapping, NOT like a standing O type clapping but little clapping just to show their sportsmanship.

Or the year where Spurs and Sonics played in the playoffs, and Rashard Lewis went down. Same thing happened then, no one mocked him even though Sonic fans disrespected Tim. I could tell you first hand since I was at both of those games.

Well thanks for the news but i still hold my grudge towards Spurs fans maybe some fans of theres are cool fans but mostly there all class-less.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Who cares about class?

Since when did sports fans care about being classy?

Personally, I think it's great, just like the hooligans.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Wannabeer wrote:
cant judge the fans because of a few idiots...I heard some cheers too when he got up...but your right it doesnt make the Lakers look good at all.

I'm not judging everyone - I'm calling out the few hundred idiots.

And yes, I was one of those who clapped politely when he got to his feet and left the court (as I would for any player who is injured).

You did that because your the man of the year, what other good things have you done?
boommic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

F*** tim duncan. i wouldn't have clapped for his arse if i was there.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

i remember last year vs the spurs..i was at the game when timmy sprained his ankle. Alot of people clapped because he was ok and was able to walk to the locker room.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Who cares about class?

You can't be serious? What are you, 15? Just pathetic.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:
i remember last year vs the spurs..i was at the game when timmy sprained his ankle. Alot of people clapped because he was ok and was able to walk to the locker room.

Yep and if it was in the SBC center and Kobe got hurt you will hear more cheer's then claps.

(bleep) the Spurs fan and there team.

Last edited by DaggerInTheHeart on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
raffi wrote:
Wannabeer wrote:
cant judge the fans because of a few idiots...I heard some cheers too when he got up...but your right it doesnt make the Lakers look good at all.

And yes, I was one of those who clapped politely when he got to his feet and left the court (as I would for any player who is injured).

You did that because your the man of the year, what other good things have you done?

I did that because I'm a human being. But I'm sure that level of logic is beyond you.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Who cares about class?

No, I'm serious and for your information, no, I'm not 15.

What does age have anything to do with it?

I have a different personality from yours and I tned to think that's a good thing.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
STiG909 wrote:
raffi wrote:
Wannabeer wrote:

I did that because I'm a human being. But I'm sure that level of logic is beyond you.

Okay, mother raffi.

Perhaps if you were such a nominee for the Nobel Peace prize, you could do us all a favor and repy with civility instead of acting like the classless monkeys that you seem to despise so much.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Who cares about class?

I have a different personality from yours and I tned to think that's a good thing.

You're right - being mature has nothing to do with age, but thanks for making my point.

I'm sure you speed up when you see little old ladies trying to cross the street too. Very "hooligan" of you, seeing as how you suppport being a Neanderthal.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
STiG909 wrote:
raffi wrote:
Wannabeer wrote:

Okay, mother raffi.

Perhaps if you were such a nominee for the Nobel Peace prize, you could do us all a favor and repy with civility instead of acting like the classless monkeys that you seem to despise so much.

You guys are the ones labeling my conduct - I don't think it's all that special. Personally, I don't revel in the misery of others, okay?

But the position you seem to be advocating is a pretty immature one. Just address that point - everything else is noise, but you are making me look better.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Who cares about class?

You're right - being mature has nothing to do with age, but thanks for making my point.

I'm sure you speed up when you see little old ladies trying to cross the street too. Very "hooligan" of you, seeing as how you suppport being a Neanderthal.

There may be a correlation between age and maturity, but in separated instances, a mature person may be young, and an immature person may be old.
Ever heard of precociousness?
Or being immature for age?

Also, does mocking at a player who is down on the floor, where most of that team likes to find itself, immature?
Why, because you, the mother of determining maturity, says so?

Mother reffi, are you forgetting that it is our fellow Homo sapiens, and not neanderthals who used to burn women for being witches, do the same to African Americans, and yet again the same for those who belong to a different religious sect?
Look all around you- all the violence, imperfections and irrational behavior.
That's humankind, which you apparently think you're so much above becase you're mother reffi and all.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Who cares about class?

There may be a correlation between age and maturity, but in separated instances, a mature person may be young, and an immature person may be old.

Also, does mocking at a player who is down on the floor, where most of that team likes to find itself, immature?

Mother reffi, are you forgetting that it is our fellow Homo sapiens, and not neanderthals who used to burn women for being witches, do the same to African Americans, and yet again the same for those who belong to a different religious sect?
That's humankind
, which you apparently think you're so much above becase you're mother reffi and all.

That's a cop-out. Don't blame society if you can't control your actions. Common sense is a great tool and I choose not to be some blind follower.

And my name is RAFFI.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Who cares about class?

That's humankind
, which you apparently think you're so much above becase you're mother reffi and all.

That's a cop-out. Don't blame society if you can't control your actions. Common sense is a great tool and I choose not to be some blind follower.

And my name is RAFFI.

I don't blame anyone except my genes.
Is that a cop-out too Mother Raffi?
HawaiianPunch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I think some of you are being too kind by assuming these fans were drunk.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
raffi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Who cares about class?

That's humankind

And my name is RAFFI.

I don't blame anyone except my genes.
Is that a cop-out too Mother Raffi?

Just another excuse for not taking ownership of your own actions.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

What, are you saying that there isn't a connection between one's genes and one's behavior?

Genes, not your spirit, determine what kind of proteins, cells and molecules are expressed in your body and thus eventually determine what kind of person you are.
Unless you're not into that sort of a thing.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I am not for anyone getting injured, but it is disturbing the way Duncan goes down. The littlest thing, and he goes down like he was dropped by a 9mm.....he has done this for years. I think he even kicks his legs, like little kids do. I guess I almost understand the initial reaction from fans....as it gets old.

Yeah the first thing I thought when he went down was "oh god look at that flop!". He's earned himself that reputation not he has to live with it. Just like the boy who cried wolf.

Exactly.

Much like Parker's exaggerated fall to the floor late in the game that led to a ridiculous flagrant foul being called.

The Sterns would get a lot more respect from some fans if they would just stop with the constant pandering to the refs routine.
shane
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
shane wrote:
i was there in the stands near the main group that started it and yeah, i felt a little ashamed of them

This wouldn't be the case with Spurs fans King fans and Boston fans would it? if Kobe wen't down at the SBC center you think those hacks will give any kind of appreciation when Kobe gets up? why be ashamed just because our fan base mocked Duncan...

first, chanting "DUNCAN SUCKS!!" over and over after the dude clearly got popped in the eye/face/head is a lot worse than simply holding back cheers for him when he got up. second, if you're argument is to be an ass because some other teams' fans are asses, well, that's pretty weak.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:

shane wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
shane wrote:
i was there in the stands near the main group that started it and yeah, i felt a little ashamed of them

This wouldn't be the case with Spurs fans King fans and Boston fans would it? if Kobe wen't down at the SBC center you think those hacks will give any kind of appreciation when Kobe gets up? why be ashamed just because our fan base mocked Duncan...

first, chanting "DUNCAN SUCKS!!" over and over after the dude clearly got popped in the eye/face/head is a lot worse than simply holding back cheers for him when he got up. second, if you're argument is to be an ass because some other teams' fans are asses, well, that's pretty weak.

Agreed - people need to stop justifying their own ignorance by blaming others' stupidity.

I flew to Sacramento by myself for Game 7 in 2002 and was verbally and physically assualted inside the arena. I was later jumped by 3 different groups of thugs, who wanted to take out their frustrations for the loss and wanted to burn my "colors." They never got the satisfaction. Even at the airport, the employees hasseled me like I was a terrorist, but at that point I didn't mind.

During the 2004 playoffs, I flew to San Antonio (Game 2) and Detroit (Game 5). San Antonio was decent until after the game when all of the upper level hoodlums descended on me. Mostly verbal crap, but I survived. My closing line was that we were going to sweep them the rest of the way . . .

Now Detroit has to rank as the worst city I have ever visited. The amount of venom and hostility I encountered exceeds all of my worst experiences . . . combined. 25 people stood to fight me to prevent me from using the restroom (no joke). Was fortunate to escape the arena and parking lot in one piece (authentic Kobe jersey was looking out for me that night).

But none of these experiences have ever prompted me to disrespect another arena, or to strive to get even with opposing fans visiting Staples. Because, at the end of the day, I am responsible for my actions and I would never wish those experiences on others.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mocking Duncan Was Pretty Classless

raffi wrote:
If you're going to be an idiot (or can't control how much you drink) then just stay home.

It was a pathetic display by the couple hundred morons who know nothing about being a good sport. Totally uncalled for, IMO.

wah wah Sterns fan.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mocking Duncan Was Pretty Classless

Klassix wrote:
raffi wrote:
If you're going to be an idiot (or can't control how much you drink) then just stay home.

It was a pathetic display by the couple hundred morons who know nothing about being a good sport. Totally uncalled for, IMO.

wah wah Sterns fan.

See the post above genius - how often do you attend Laker games?

When you start dropping $16k a year on your favorite team, let me know.

A real contributor to society . . . NOT!
dontbreakmyballz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

[ There is absolutely no justification for it. Acting that way makes one an idiot. There's no use debating it -[/quote]

Idiots RULE!!! I would be one of those people cheering. Hell if Tim Duncan had a massive heart attack and fell over dead on the court you could look into the crowd at me and this is what you would see...... Anything that is gonna help my team win is gonna make me cheer. Go Lakers.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

dontbreakmyballz wrote:
[ There is absolutely no justification for it. Acting that way makes one an idiot. There's no use debating it -

Quote:
Idiots RULE!!! I would be one of those people cheering. Hell if Tim Duncan had a massive heart attack and fell over dead on the court you could look into the crowd at me and this is what you would see...... Anything that is gonna help my team win is gonna make me cheer. Go Lakers.

Glad you don't go to many games - hope you find another team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: