A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

vandido626 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
Think of the Lakers as your child. Would you tell your child, "You suck. I can't believe I ever had you."

As a parent, no. But if he had Kwame's hands, I'd take him in for a paternity test.

In boot camp my Drill Instructor would whisper to my bunkmate that he was a waste of sperm and that he called his family to tell him how worthless he was. My bunkmate ended up becoming a good Marine. Ahhh the good ol' days, now I have to deal with all this PC crap and sensitive people.

That's called indoctrination and it's a necessary part of the military environment. The military must act like a machine. The leaders who make the decisions have to know that they'll be carried out precisely as they intend and in order to have that confidence they first must reduce enlistees to less than human so they can be reconstructed as nothing more than a cog in the wheel with a supreme respect for the chain of command.

I don't think it's so much people desiring to be PC here as it is that it just get's old being surrounded by pessimism. There are those here who go off on a rant every now and again and that's totally understandable. They usually will get a free pass when they do because everyone knows they aren't just some impatient bandwagoner with surily unrealistic expectaions. It's the posters who just about never have anything positive to say about a team they profess to be fans of and try to pawn it off as just being objective and not a homer. Those are the ones that leave a bad taste in the mouth. A post will go something like "It's good to see Cookie is improving in his defense and then getting a littany of responses like Cook is garbage and the like. Over time when you never see these posters make any positive comment (when that commentary is deserved) you get the clear picture that that person is just a hater. One who seemingly only finds delight in the negatives in the world and has no room for anything positive. Both here, and in the real world, those are just people who aren't any fun to be around.

When the negative posts are at least creative and somewhat humourous, then they can be fun to read at times, but the overwhelming majority of the negative ranters are neither funny nor creative so it just adds to the bad taste. They are just repeating the same old tired lines like the posers did back in high school...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject:

BestDamnLakerFan wrote:
Perhaps there should be a Venting Forum.

Isn't that what the Chicken Little Piss and Moan thread is for?

The fact of the matter is that this is an internet message board which means that anyone can say pretty much anything they want to here within the guidelines set up by the mods. Typically on any message board of any kind, you will find that, among other things, they are forums for the frustrated members of society who are just looking for someone to listen to their complaints. No matter what, people will come onto these message boards and complain. It makes them feel better I suppose and since there are others on the board complaining I guess it gives them a sense of validation. Are these people still Laker fans? I suppose, unless they are now on some other teams bandwagon that happens to be blowing some steam at the moment. Example: 'I used to be a Laker fan but now they suck. I really like The Suns now. I've always been one of Steve Nash's fans.' when in fact 2-3 years ago when the Lakers where (bleep) o' the walk they were wearing no. 34 jersey's and claiming undying loyalty.

Gimme a break!
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Agreed. It's just easier sometimes for some people to rant rather than to give constructive criticism. This is not to say that this team hasn't been frustrating, but some people really need to chill out. Even if the Lakers were to somehow miss the playoffs, it's still not the end of the world. A person who bashes the team nonstop is not a better fan. Sometimes we have to take logic over raw emotion and think things through.

Yea some of us give contructive criticisim, but it hard too put thought into every thing, especially at the rate this team messes up. So your like "(bleep) puke is in the game" I mean seriously , everytime puke comes in game , do i have too say, u know luke doesnt have the footspeed, the jumpshoot too match up with whichever person he is playing? I would that be necessary everytime?
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

vandido626 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
Think of the Lakers as your child. Would you tell your child, "You suck. I can't believe I ever had you."

As a parent, no. But if he had Kwame's hands, I'd take him in for a paternity test.

In boot camp my Drill Instructor would whisper to my bunkmate that he was a waste of sperm and that he called his family to tell him how worthless he was. My bunkmate ended up becoming a good Marine. Ahhh the good ol' days, now I have to deal with all this PC crap and sensitive people.

You don't think Phil calling Kwame a P***y in the press was similar to what your drill instructor did?

All I know is he seems to dunk the ball with two hands more than he used to and he sure as heck is playing defense and going for rebounds a lot harder than he in the first half of the season.
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Players I would rarely if ever critisize
Kobe-right or wrong he bleeds for the colors
Mihm-Works his arse off whether happening or not
Turiaf-Did whatever it took to wear colors/effort
Bynum-hes ours until proven otherwise
DG-Has been through the wars for and with us
Cook-effort whether working or not
Sasha- he tries. Cant fault him. Certain things are uncoachable

I am so sick of "real fans" vs "Fake fans". we are all fans, some moreso than others. If constantly cracking, critisizing a player means 'fake fan" then YOU arent a fan period.

Players that dont give 100% everygame, is disrespectful to the Colors which is disrespectful to me

Mike D'Antonio said it best
"Im not asking you to play well. Im not asking you to make shots. I am asking you to play hard".

Good post. Agreed.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

mike_dee23 wrote:
Before I start, I just want to say that I love LG.net. But I find it increasingly difficult and frustrating to come on here now - especially after losses. So I just wanted to write this and maybe a couple of people will agree with what I am saying and back me up.

I don't understand how some of you are Laker fans. You seem to hate the team and the players more than you actually like them. So I wanted to make a quick suggestion. Instead of name calling, why don't you actually use some constructive criticism. For example:

An LG Laker fan would say, "F--- PUUUUUKE, he sucks. Phil is an idiot for playing him."

A real Laker fan would say, "Phil should have put Devean George on Rip Hamilton. Luke doesn't have the foot speed to match up."

Another example:

An LG Laker fan would say, "Sasha sucks. He should be in the D-League."

A real Laker fan would say, "With Jimmy Jackson here, I wonder if Sasha might actually get some confidence if he got 30 minutes of playing time a night in the D-League. He might actually be able to give the Lakers a huge boost down the stretch."

I mean, there is one thing to be critical, which fans should be. It's another thing to hate the team and the players all together, which is what I think many on here do.

Anyway, that's all. Peace. And go Lakers!

Well put my friend. I am actually considering going back to "NBAwire.com."

This place is disheartening.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

kobenbynum wrote:
vandido626 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:

You don't think Phil calling Kwame a P***y in the press was similar to what your drill instructor did?

All I know is he seems to dunk the ball with two hands more than he used to and he sure as heck is playing defense and going for rebounds a lot harder than he in the first half of the season.

Get your stuff straight. He did not call him a p***y.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Go Lakers!

Umm get your stuff straight. He did.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

kobenbynum wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Go Lakers!

Source? Article? Anything?

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
O RLY?

ya rly
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

LG has a fair shake of people you can tell are pretty young.

I remember being a young fan, and overreacting to alot of little things,
not being able to see the big picture.

Most of these people don't mean any harm - although I can relate to
getting frustrated with their manic change in disposition and opinions.

You could knock LG for the fake "insiders" who surface sometimes too.

But the bottom-line is, somewhere sprinkled in all of that are some very
good posters who will actually help you to learn more about hoops and
gain a better perspective on the situation of the Laker organization.

You'll also find a sprinkling of legit insiders, who if they get something
wrong, were simply misinformed by a source.

If ya take your time and make an educated guess or two on who's who,
LG is nothing but beneficial to you as a fan - and it lets you feel that
sense of comraderie amongst fellow fans.

It lets you share the ups and downs of the season with people who are
rooting for the same thing.

Maybe that's less appealing to those of you living in L.A., because Laker
fans are everywhere.

But here in Tucson, I miss CA and being around Laker fans. I love being
able to get into these discussions and I really do think LG is what you
make it.

It's all on you LG brothers

LG =
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Go Lakers!

Source? Article? Anything?

Go Lakers!

That was a few months ago finding Links is gonna take time. If you wanna spend the time just look for posts on LG about Kwame a few months ago. I'm sure there was a discussion about it with all the links.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
LG has a fair shake of people you can tell are pretty young.

I remember being a young fan, and overreacting to alot of little things,
not being able to see the big picture.

Most of these people don't mean any harm - although I can relate to
getting frustrated with their manic change in disposition and opinions.

You could knock LG for the fake "insiders" who surface sometimes too.

But the bottom-line is, somewhere sprinkled in all of that are some very
good posters who will actually help you to learn more about hoops and
gain a better perspective on the situation of the Laker organization.

You'll also find a sprinkling of legit insiders, who if they get something
wrong, were simply misinformed by a source.

If ya take your time and make an educated guess or two on who's who,
LG is nothing but beneficial to you as a fan - and it lets you feel that
sense of comraderie amongst fellow fans.

It lets you share the ups and downs of the season with people who are
rooting for the same thing.

Maybe that's less appealing to those of you living in L.A., because Laker
fans are everywhere.

But here in Tucson, I miss CA and being around Laker fans. I love being
able to get into these discussions and I really do think LG is what you
make it.

It's all on you LG brothers

LG =

Great post Soda.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

A real Laker fan goes to Laker games and boos the Lakers when they are down. I find upsides and downsides to both.
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

kobenbynum wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Go Lakers!

I thought PJ just meowed at Kwame in the hallways or something like that. I don't know if it was explicitly stated that he called Kwame a "p***y".
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

It was meowing at him to let him know he was being a sissy not P anything.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

jmac78 wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Go Lakers!

I thought PJ just meowed at Kwame in the hallways or something like that. I don't know if it was explicitly stated that he called Kwame a "p***y".

Thank you very much. That is what I recall.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Lakers Fan v. An LG Lakers Fan

mike_dee23 wrote:
Before I start, I just want to say that I love LG.net. But I find it increasingly difficult and frustrating to come on here now - especially after losses. So I just wanted to write this and maybe a couple of people will agree with what I am saying and back me up.

I don't understand how some of you are Laker fans. You seem to hate the team and the players more than you actually like them. So I wanted to make a quick suggestion. Instead of name calling, why don't you actually use some constructive criticism. For example:

An LG Laker fan would say, "F--- PUUUUUKE, he sucks. Phil is an idiot for playing him."

A real Laker fan would say, "Phil should have put Devean George on Rip Hamilton. Luke doesn't have the foot speed to match up."

Another example:

An LG Laker fan would say, "Sasha sucks. He should be in the D-League."

A real Laker fan would say, "With Jimmy Jackson here, I wonder if Sasha might actually get some confidence if he got 30 minutes of playing time a night in the D-League. He might actually be able to give the Lakers a huge boost down the stretch."

I mean, there is one thing to be critical, which fans should be. It's another thing to hate the team and the players all together, which is what I think many on here do.

Anyway, that's all. Peace. And go Lakers!

Your post sucks....I mean, your post simplifies the issues a little too neatly. Frustration is part of being a fan, and LG is a place to vent it. But I understand where you're coming from....I mean, go find another board to post on, loser
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
bounty wrote:
Players I would rarely if ever critisize
Kobe-right or wrong he bleeds for the colors
Mihm-Works his arse off whether happening or not
Turiaf-Did whatever it took to wear colors/effort
Bynum-hes ours until proven otherwise
DG-Has been through the wars for and with us
Cook-effort whether working or not
Sasha- he tries. Cant fault him. Certain things are uncoachable

I am so sick of "real fans" vs "Fake fans". we are all fans, some moreso than others. If constantly cracking, critisizing a player means 'fake fan" then YOU arent a fan period.

Players that dont give 100% everygame, is disrespectful to the Colors which is disrespectful to me

Mike D'Antonio said it best
"Im not asking you to play well. Im not asking you to make shots. I am asking you to play hard".

Good post. Agreed.

That sounds pretty fair and accurate to me, except for DG. Even though Deaven has hit some big shots for us, and been through the wars, I would lean towards taking him off the list because he seems to disappear for several games in a row, followed by one where he really contributes.
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

i also do hate the haters.....but we cant all be saints.......and honestly i think LG would be boring w/out the haters, dont ya thin???....there should always be a balance of good and evil....hahaha
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I am absolutely in the corner of the author of this thread and would like to compliment mike_dee23 for his rational views. I have posted very similar sentiments in the distant past and as you can see it has no effect.

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
the haters are frustrating, but they are just reflective of where we're at as a culture so don't expect much to change. They live to figure out new ways to put a frown on anyones face. Seems it's probably one of the few things that makes them smile. Sad....

I would agree with you it seems to be a sign of the times.

wolfpaklaker wrote:
Quote:
There is only one player that is safe on here and that's Kobe.
Everyone else (including management) is bashed non-stop.
And if you try to be reasonable you are called a (bleep) homer.
Amazing.

It is amazing...

kemi4kobes wrote:
Quote:
Look, i see lg as a place to vent when things are going good/bad. There is no need to be all pc here. Sure we should respect the players but at the same time there is no need to sugar coat things.

What we type here when a player does something dumb is what were thinking in our minds anyways.

Just because I'm a laker fan doesn't mean that Luke Walton hasn't been horrible most of the season. Just because I'm a Laker fan doesn't mean that Kwame doesn't have the worst hands I've ever seen basketball wise.

Fact is at times the Lakers are HORRIBLE. And as fans that invest a lot of time and heart into this team, we get upset. But at the same time, it doesn't mean that we love them any less.

gdballa03 wrote:
Quote:
Real fans speak the truth, it's tough love. No matter what, win or lose, we're on here talking about the our team. I know that people bash on players, management, etc...

As Aussiesuede so deftley made the point in his post relating to how a father would speak to his child it is clear that kemi4kobes and gdballa03 are missing the point of the threads topic. You need to re-read the topic and notice that it is not to say that we should not criticize, but that it is the manner in which people will criticize that is at issue here.

In case you didn't notice mike_dee23 wrote:
Quote:
Instead of name calling, why don't you actually use some constructive criticism.

OshadowO wrote:
Quote:
Those of you who have enough self control to not let your emotions manifest into an online rant, bravo to you. Realize that not everyone is perfect and if you don't like a response or a post, DON'T READ IT.

How about ranting in a more civilized manner is what I think the point of the thread is. However I think we all understand your reference to the vast age range on this forum and why we will undoubtedly continue to find the kind of posts that some find irritating. As far as you suggestion to "DON'T READ IT", this is good advice and I tend to follow this for the most part. Actually I might read it but disregard it as just so much irrational hyperbole.

BestDamnLakerFan wrote
Quote:
Perhaps there should be a Venting

I think we kind of already have that in the *** OFFICIAL Chicken Little, Piss and Moan Fest *** forum.

How about instead those who can't be constructive in their criticism take an english class and buy a punching bag to "vent".

Well said sodapoppenski, in regards to you thoughtful post there is a vast age difference to consider. Also regardless of some of the loggers who have nothing to say good at all it seems as far as boards go this one has some very insightful posters, however I'm sorry to say it seems less than there has been in the past.

tgf5 wrote:
Quote:
A real Laker fan goes to Laker games and boos the Lakers when they are down. I find upsides and downsides to both.

As a Laker fan, I personally would never even think of booing "my team". If they are playing badly, okay yell at them like "get on that guy" or "get a rebound", but it just seems like booing a team or player should ONLY be for the opposing (enemy) team or players. But that's just me...

awsmori wrote:
Quote:
i also do hate the haters.....but we cant all be saints.......and honestly i think LG would be boring w/out the haters, dont ya thin???....there should always be a balance of good and evil....hahaha

I deffinitely agree that differing points of view is what make any board interesting and totally agree that this is a good thing, but it is the extreme and mindless views which include name calling and flat out derogatory remarks with little thought or consideration of alternative facts. Rather than simply name calling like this guy "sucks" or this guy is "trash" or this guys is an "idiot" or this guy should be "fired", why not say this guy needst to do this or this guy hasn't got the skills to do that or a better coaching move would be this etc. etc, which I think is the point of the author of this thread. Of course we do get the more mature posts as I suggested should happen and like others have said we do need to consider the vast age differences that post here, which is what I inevitably do quite often.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Pharases like " Your an idiot" " Thats the stupidest thing ever" towards other posters make the iQ level of this board go down the toilet.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Cry me a freakin river.

I'm more annoyed by posters who tell other posters that they aren't real fans than I am by posters who can't seem to do anything but complain. Wait. Strike that. I'm equally annoyed by both.
dontbreakmyballz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

kemi4kobes wrote:
Just because I'm a Laker fan doesn't mean that Kwame doesn't have the worst hands I've ever seen basketball wise.

Did you ever happen to see Elden Campbell when he was a Laker???
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
Cry me a freakin river.

I'm more annoyed by posters who tell other posters that they aren't real fans than I am by posters who can't seem to do anything but complain. Wait. Strike that. I'm equally annoyed by both.

Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: