Has anyone seen Andrew Bynum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
The organization is keeping him under wraps until the playoffs so that no team has a chance of preparing for him.

Haha that would be tight man, but are the Lakers sure they will make the playoffs though? there is still many games left...
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

they are jus protecting him, he'll be ready next season, prolly dominate in the beginning and then get grow fatigued bc of his youth

his 3rd season he should be an all-star...

20pt 10rb 2blk 2.5 ast a game like numbers
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I think Phil said that because he figured either Lamar, Cook, Kwame, Mihm or some combination of two of those guys was going to be traded before the deadline.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:

topramen78 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Don't forget trade value.

The more our current big's play the more numbers they put up. The less Bynum plays, the less teams know about him.

Bringing him along slowly may be the best idea for now.

Now THAT is hopeful.

I mean, if Bynum is really already that good, why not have him start and have Mihm as the backup??

You think LakersGround.net is the only group of people who know how good Bynum could be? Whether Bynum plays in the 2nd half or not ... everyone knows Bynum has HUGE potential.

Key word potential it can also be substated as talent. I don't doubt he has potential or talent but the thing is he's not ready. There have been signs of what he can do but most the time he has shown he's not use to his body. Remember he's still a teenager, and still growing he hasn't yet peaked in growth yet. To be honest his foot work is bad, and that's being nice. Hopefully this summer he gets to work out with good coaches to teach him that being a big man starts with foot work. I don't think he has bad hands like Kwame so I'm not even going to go there with that. I just think if he gets his foot work where it needs to be and he'll be playing more next year.
Yes there is talent but so did Kwame and those worse thing you can do with talent or potential is waste it or not work on it.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject:

The one knock on Phil is he really has no patience with young players, especially rookies.

Phil is really exasperated with this team, not because of the talent leve, but because of the lack of mental fortitude and understanding of how dire of a situation it is for the organization to make the playoffs.

He isn't going to compound this by throwing a 18yr old with very little basketball experience on the court.

Since Andrew got beat up by the young kid harrison from Indiana playing for J O'Neal, he hasn't sniffed the court except for may be 3 minutes total.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
lakrgurl834
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I miss Turiaf. We could really use his enthusiasm ON the court.

All Kupchak
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Andrew By-Him

Yeah, I saw what the coaches saw.

Everyone that he faces goes By-Him.

He needs to be traded.

Big Country Reeves still reacts faster than Bynum ever will.

Out

Last edited by All Kupchak on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
All Kupchak
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Mark Eaton is quicker too.
All Kupchak
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

So was Gheorghe Muresan
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that Bynum sucks! Remember how badly he got beat by Eddie Curry and Channing Frye?

He only scored 16 points in 12 minutes on 7 of 7 shooting while Curry scored 11 points in 28 minutes and Frye scored 8 points in 23 minutes.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
Mihm and Kwame are playing pretty good defense. My question is where's Ronny Turiaf? Cook is giving us nothing out there.

I don't know man....I always feel good when I see Cook recieve the ball for a catch and shoot. Defense is sloppy, but I like his confidence with his shooting. Thats just me.
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
topramen78 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Don't forget trade value.

The more our current big's play the more numbers they put up. The less Bynum plays, the less teams know about him.

Bringing him along slowly may be the best idea for now.

Now THAT is hopeful.

I mean, if Bynum is really already that good, why not have him start and have Mihm as the backup??

You think LakersGround.net is the only group of people who know how good Bynum could be? Whether Bynum plays in the 2nd half or not ... everyone knows Bynum has HUGE potential.

Key word potential it can also be substated as talent. I don't doubt he has potential or talent but the thing is he's not ready. There have been signs of what he can do but most the time he has shown he's not use to his body. Remember he's still a teenager, and still growing he hasn't yet peaked in growth yet. To be honest his foot work is bad, and that's being nice. Hopefully this summer he gets to work out with good coaches to teach him that being a big man starts with foot work. I don't think he has bad hands like Kwame so I'm not even going to go there with that. I just think if he gets his foot work where it needs to be and he'll be playing more next year.
Yes there is talent but so did Kwame and those worse thing you can do with talent or potential is waste it or not work on it.

This is the primary reason I wanted Bynum to go to the D-league. For some reason, people feel as though going to the NBDL is some sort of demotion. But this is the wrong position to take.

In addition to learning the fundamentals (something he's sorely missing), Bynum could have been receiving much needed PT to put apply learned skills to real game situations and speed.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

Jackson has never played a rookie many minutes anyway.

However, with Bynum it's a rare situation. Mitch didn't expect him to be a rotation player this season (said this many times before and during the season) and from what I know this must be Phil's first ever highschool project.

Forget that he already has an underachieving project in Kwame he has to deal with, I think Phil just rather not have to deal with two projects that are extremely raw at the same time.

On Mitch - as a GM I think he is loving the numbers Mihm and Cookie are putting up. The NBA values offense before defense and both Mihm+Cook will have greater interest than Kwame.

Finally, this process will force Bynum to earn his PT. Sure, there's a possibility he folds like some highschoolers - but there's also that possibility that with work he comes into TC next season motivated to be a big part of the team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

^^ I don't doubt any of this.

But you would still have to explain to me why Bynum hasn't spent a stint in the D-league.

Yes, I'm sure that it helps to have Kareem as a tutor.

But I think that Cap could do much more with him if Bynum had a firmer foundation in terms of conditioning and basic skills. The D-league could definitely provide that.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

^
Don't ignore agents, previous promises and other stuff just as a player's ego.

The Lakers are coddling Bynum. It's very obvious that he is under full protection. If they sent him down to the D-League, although it may not be a demotion in the eyes of fans, to the actrual player and agents it probably is. Kareem is on the record as to say that Bynum does deserve more minutes. And when you consider that Kwame is at times far weaker a player (disaster at times) there really can be a point made by Bynum's camp that he should be getting more oppurtunities. Kwame has said some good games but he's also had a boat load of ugly disgusting games. A case can easily be made that Bynum should be getting that same oppurtunity.

What they are probably doing with Drew is forcing him to prove himself as a player that can break the rotation and then eventually become a big part of the team's makeup. At the same time protecting his trade value and increasing (or hoping that) the starting big's value.

Will it happen? Who knows. When will it happen? Again, don't know. A lot of that is in Bynum's hands. He must come into TC next season ready to play big minutes - especially in terms of rebounding. This summer's SPL will be a good indicator of how much exactly Bynum has improved. I think last summer's SPL is what convinced the Lakers to give Parker a big role this season. You can actually earn a big role in the forthcoming season by performing well at SPL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: