hollinger :It's hard to vote for kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Forum Blue wrote:
nesli wrote:
It took it from www.forumblueandgold.com

socks??Are you Kurt?

No, I am. I just am not a regular poster here.

really nice blog
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm tired of hearing these people talk about that Kobe Bryant is selfish. He's selfish because he wants win on his own. I look at it this way, who cares how you win, if you don't cheat and you win, in my opinion a win is a win. Who cares if he has to get to 50pts to get his team to win, they won right. I just want to know is there a right way of winning? I mean I can understand if you win and your being a c_ck about it that's not fun to watch. I don't see Kobe being one of those guys, some people might see it but those are just people hating on him being sucsessful. I see him showing he wants to compete and he's out there taking the challenge on both ends of the court. I listen to all these writers saying you have to use your teammates to win. Who says thats the right way of winning or the wrong way. To me if you can get a win, it's a win. Kobe Bryant selfish because he wants to win on his own, at least he wants to win.

This is the real reason why the media doesn't like Kobe, because of Shaq. Look at Shaq's past when he was in Orlando, look what he did to Penny. Him saying he can't play with Penny basically made everybody crowd around Penny and he fell. Shaq tried the same thing with Kobe here but unlike Penny, Kobe didn't buckle. He actually became stronger and he attacked back at Shaq. Media liked it at the time but since they liked Shaq more than Kobe guess who they sided with. So basically the media has got this image of Kobe being a selfish individual who is arrogant. Kobe's arrogance is no different than anybody in the NBA. Everybody in the NBA is arrogant so I don't buy that he's the only one. I look at it this way I see Kobe as the only one that's not fake around the media. He's probably (I don't know him personally) the same person with or without the media. When other players are with the media they become fake and I guess nobody realizes that.

I'm also tired of hearing all Kobe does is shot. Well if you don't like it you try to stop him because apparently nodody in the league can stop him.
puajibai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

hear hear!
JimRaynor55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

I usually support Hollinger, because he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to stats. Unlike most sportswriters, he bases most of his judgements on objective numbers. However, I have to agree that he's being stupid and hypocrital here. By his own Player Efficiency Rating (PER), Kobe is the best player in the league. Using Shaq (who left more than a season ago) as an argument about Kobe's MVP status THIS year is just idiotic.

Still, don't think that this display of stupid hating makes him "lose all credibility." I still think Hollinger is one of the better writers. You just have to separate the good stuff from the crap.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: hollinger :It's hard to vote for kobe

nesli wrote:
from John Hollinger chat :

Quote:
hollinger:I still don’t have those guys on my MVP ballot — I don’t think Pierce and Bosh have quite been good enough, and it’s hard to vote for Kobe after he forced out Shaq..

he is the biggest kobe hater :roll:

Wasn't that 2 seasons ago? NOTHING TO DO with this season Please go find a new job.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

Silly logic, idiotic argument.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject:

Hollinger is not a real journalist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
Kobe shut down the leading runner for MVP while scoring 40+ points, IMO, it's not even close.

I don't see Kobe as the MVP. I am one of those people that think that the award should go to the a person on the top 3 or 4 teams in the league. I can't bring myself to believe that the MVP would go to someone whose team has a real chance of not making it to the playoffs

Is Kobe the best player in the league: Yes.

Is he my MVP of the league: No.

If you think the MVP should go to the best player, regardless of team record, I understand what you are saying - but I disagree with it.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: hollinger :It's hard to vote for kobe

nesli wrote:
from John Hollinger chat :

Quote:
hollinger:I still don’t have those guys on my MVP ballot — I don’t think Pierce and Bosh have quite been good enough, and it’s hard to vote for Kobe after he forced out Shaq..

he is the biggest kobe hater :roll:

still with that BS...this guys a (bleep), why does he have a job for?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

puajibai wrote:
Hollinger is just sour because he loved to use his so-called efficiency rating against kobe and for players like KG and Lebron but now Kobe is no.1 even according to his own measurements and he has no recourse but to conjure up excuses. He needs to just grab his ankles and take it like a man...
OWNED!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:
Kobe shut down the leading runner for MVP while scoring 40+ points, IMO, it's not even close.

I don't see Kobe as the MVP. I am one of those people that think that the award should go to the a person on the top 3 or 4 teams in the league. I can't bring myself to believe that the MVP would go to someone whose team has a real chance of not making it to the playoffs

If you think the MVP should go to the best player, regardless of team record, I understand what you are saying - but I disagree with it.
Why? The award is for most valuable player, not most successful, or luckiest to land in a place with the better teammates!

I think it should be awarded to the one player whose team would be the worst off without. That's the definition of MOST valuable, and arguably that player would be Kobe Bryant. The Lakers wouldn't be within sniffing distance of the playoffs without him. If the Lakers make the playoffs, Kobe is the most responsible party for that. And should at least be given consideration for the award.

As stated above, not BEST, but MOST valuable.

Could be the same player, but not necessarily!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

It's hard to take this bum seriously, with such an obviously biased point of view!
jxhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
ppineda wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:

Why? The award is for most valuable player, not most successful, or luckiest to land in a place with the better teammates!

I think it should be awarded to the one player whose team would be the worst off without. That's the definition of MOST valuable, and arguably that player would be Kobe Bryant. The Lakers wouldn't be within sniffing distance of the playoffs without him. If the Lakers make the playoffs, Kobe is the most responsible party for that. And should at least be given consideration for the award.

Just ask yourself how pitiful the Lakers would be without Kobe. GET REAL!
He's the best "MOST VALUABLE PLAYER" to his team candidate out there.

Deal with it.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: hollinger :It's hard to vote for kobe

Delete This Post...

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

jxhopper wrote:
re4ee wrote:
ppineda wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:

Just ask yourself how pitiful the Lakers would be without Kobe. GET REAL!
He's the best "MOST VALUABLE PLAYER" to his team candidate out there.

Deal with it.

I don't know how bad the Lakers would be without Kobe. I do know that if you are amazing and can barely (or maybe even not) get your team into the playoffs. You aren't the Most Valuable Player to me.

Funny part is that some people who would argue that Kobe should be MVP now because his team sucks was arguing for Kobe for MVP when he had Shaq by his side and the Lakers were winning championships.

I am consistent in my thinking, if your team isn't in the top, you aren't worthy of consideration. I just hope you are consistant and would have voted for T-Mac for MVP when he was with the Magic and barely getting them into the playoffs.
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
ppineda wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:

Like I stated before I understand where you are coming from, but would you want the MVP to be watching the playoffs home on TV? That doesn't make sense to me... Even if Kobe gets the Lakers into the 8th spot, I personally wouldn't vote for that. If Kobe gets the Lakers to the 5th seed and them playing with the top teams in the league, then I would say yes.

Until then, to me that's a no.

It's hard to measure value that a player brings to a team, compared to others. So it is a subjective award. Here is a question: who would you have voted for in 2001 when the Lakers were tearing up the league (Kobe? Shaq? - With your logic they would never be considered since if they lost one the Lakers would do very well with just the other)
GailGoodrich25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:

Why does this SOB even have a vote!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: