What do you think we could get for Bynum?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: What do you think we could get for Bynum?

This is a thread for trade speculation, not outrageous Homer fables like "Bynum is Untouchable!" and "Bynum will be Shaq/Hakeem/Kareem/MJ/Jesus combined in 8-10 seasons..." Consider those opinions voiced. As for us pragmatists, we're being more realistic: We have maybe a 2-3 year window of Prime Kobe to capitalize on and Bynum is probably our best shot at landing an All-star. I thought Pau Gasol would be a pretty good coup, though opinion was obviously divided on that thread. Rashard Lewis I think we could probably get in a trade (Seattle knows they're gonna lose him anyway). Either one of those guys I think would be great with Kobe, Odom, Kwame, and Mihm. Anyway, thoughts?
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

A Dynasty.

According to all reports he is untouchable.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

No one in the league is untouchable. We traded away the most dominant center of all-time (for 35 cents on the dollar), but we won't give up an unproven question mark?
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Bynum, Chris Mihm, and Brian Cook for Jermiane Oneil.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
No one in the league is untouchable. We traded away the most dominant center of all-time (for 35 cents on the dollar), but we won't give up an unproven question mark?

That quote should read:

Quote:
We traded away the most dominant center of all-time right as he was going downhill, demanding a $30 million per season and chasing Kobe Bryant (the best basketball player alive) away from the team.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Kobe is untouchable because he has a no trade clause.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

NestT wrote:
A Dynasty.

Untrue.

He was reported to be part of our offer before the deadline to Minny for
KG.

Never turned into a serious discussion, but alot of teams out there like
Bynum and for good reason.

I don't want him moved unless it's in a package for a solid big who's
all-star calibur. If that meant LO and Bynum for KG, I'm fine with it
cuz we need to pair Kobe with a couple of solid stars while he's still
in his prime.

I love Drew. I want him here in the long-term.

But as some have said, nobody is truly untouchable, and certainly not
a rookie who despite tons of potential, could still possibly not turn out.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject:

I'll be fine with it if Bynum can get us a young big man (Dwight Howard) or a young PG (Chris Paul/Kirk Hinrich) + decent big.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject:

ummm no , i dont want a big for a small!!
yungdame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

only if it gets us KG
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I didn't know we traded Bill Russell , Wilt Chambrlain or Hakeem the Dream...
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject:

I feel that we should be more optimistic on this kids future. Seriously it could bite us on the ass if we dealt him this early. Then again he could turn out terrible who knows. I say keep him around for year or two and see where he takes us. Until then dishing him right away without seeing his development could be crucial.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

kups wrote:
I'll be fine with it if Bynum can get us a young big man (Dwight Howard) or a young PG (Chris Paul/Kirk Hinrich) + decent big.

riiiiight...cause Bynum can get us those people. Lets put it this way, Bynum plus Odom would only get us Kirk Hinrich and others from the bulls....bynum straight up for kirk wouldnt even work
showtime1308
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

he is worth a lottery pick which is what he was.
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

You don't deal a guy before you have any demonstration of what he'll be able to do. It's hard to see any team wanting him as the centerpiece to any deal. If you're only trading him and scrap, you're not going to get much. If he's the icing in a trade for a superstar, so be it, but then it isn't something we're getting for Bynum.

About all we could actually get for Bynum himself is a comparable player draftwise, like a Channing Frye or Ike Diogu. In a way, though, such a trade isn't worth it for either team. The team that trades for Bynum is worse off in the present, because both of those guys contribute more right now, and we could easily become worse off in our long-term plans because neither of those guys has anywhere near the same upside.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
NestT wrote:
A Dynasty.

Untrue.

He was reported to be part of our offer before the deadline to Minny for
KG.

Actually, there were plenty of reports to the contrary, and most of the reports coming from everywhere are that Bynum is untouchable and the Lakers will not move him. The most recent report - and it's somewhere on this site - is that Minny asked for Odom, Mihm or Brown (can't remember which), Bynum and some picks, and the Lakers said NO. But really, who knows the truth. The reality is we don't know what has or hasn't been offered. We only know discussions were had.

Personally, I wouldn't move him but it's not my call.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
kups wrote:

riiiiight...cause Bynum can get us those people. Lets put it this way, Bynum plus Odom would only get us Kirk Hinrich and others from the bulls....bynum straight up for kirk wouldnt even work

You're straight DREAMING. No way Odom + Bynum (2 talented BIG MEN) can only net us Heinrich and crap. That's nonsense.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

So the idea is to gut the team to get Kobe some help? That would mean next season would be the season of geling together (Every Superstar needs it). Then 2007/2008 to become contenders. If we are to believe that there is only a 3 to 4 year window of Kobe's prime as suggested :roll: then that would mean Kobe would have a chance to win a max of 2 titles before his prime magically expires. Then where do these wonderfully foresighted people see the organisation being? In rebuilding mode with an over the hill former superstar and starting from scratch again?? Oh wait....Maybe Kobe get's traded at that point for a young superstar? I just can't figure the shortsigtedness of some. Keeping Bynum isn't just about maximizing Kobes prime. This is an organisation that wants to be well placed for IT's future, not just the future of ONE of it's players. The Lakers won championships before Kobe (11 of em) and they'd like to be in a position to win some after he's long and gone. Unlike Chicago with Jordan, the Bulls have always sucked - and now they suck again because they put all their eggs in one basket. Boggles the mind how so many here want to see the Lakers follow that blueprint. And if you really think Kobe/Gasol yeilds more titles than Kobe/Shaq in 7 years then I've one thing to say: Pass it on over here bruddah. I wanna take a toke too....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure that Artest would have been a Laker if the Lakers had dealt Bynum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Artest would have been a Laker if the Lakers had dealt Bynum.

And people think Mitch is stupid. Thank goodness he isn't that stupid.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
So the idea is to gut the team to get Kobe some help? That would mean next season would be the season of geling together (Every Superstar needs it). Then 2007/2008 to become contenders. If we are to believe that there is only a 3 to 4 year window of Kobe's prime as suggested :roll: then that would mean Kobe would have a chance to win a max of 2 titles before his prime magically expires. Then where do these wonderfully foresighted people see the organisation being? In rebuilding mode with an over the hill former superstar and starting from scratch again?? Oh wait....Maybe Kobe get's traded at that point for a young superstar? I just can't figure the shortsigtedness of some. Keeping Bynum isn't just about maximizing Kobes prime. This is an organisation that wants to be well placed for IT's future, not just the future of ONE of it's players. The Lakers won championships before Kobe (11 of em) and they'd like to be in a position to win some after he's long and gone. Unlike Chicago with Jordan, the Bulls have always sucked - and now they suck again because they put all their eggs in one basket. Boggles the mind how so many here want to see the Lakers follow that blueprint. And if you really think Kobe/Gasol yeilds more titles than Kobe/Shaq in 7 years then I've one thing to say: Pass it on over here bruddah. I wanna take a toke too....

You're not considering what shouldering a mediocre team that has to fight for an 8th spot every year will do to a superstar. Pair Kobe up with someone now and the winning can possibly prolong his career. But keep him with the present mix of modestly talented players that he has to play 40 something minutes and score 40-something pts EVERY NIGHT just to have a shot at the 8th spot and get blown out by the Spurs in the first round and it won't matter if Bynum starts to blossom 5 years from now. Kobe will be fried.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Yea, we traded a center who has more rings than 2 of those guys
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Luke wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Horry has 6 more rings than Malone. Is he better than Karl too?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

The league changed the rules for Wilt, and they changed the rules for Shaq. That tells you a lot about their respective dominance.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Luke wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Horry has 6 more rings than Malone. Is he better than Karl too?

Are these really apples to apples.
Shaq would have absolutely mashed Russel. Put shaq on dream at equal levels of experience and he would have broke him over his knee. Shaq would have had to play against wilt but watching what Shaq has done to others, I'll take shaq.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: