Dime Crew looking for feedback on KB written article...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Dime Crew looking for feedback on KB written article...

From Dime Mag:

Quote:
We've told you a few times about the incredible feedback we've been receiving from our readers about the cover story Kobe Bryant wrote for the current issue of the magazine. Now we want to give you guys an official platform to speak your mind. After you've read Kobe's story, tell us what you think about it here. Be honest, we want the good and the bad. Some of the best responses we get will run in issue #24 of Dime.

here's a link to an excerpt from Kobe's story: http://www.dimemag.com/feature.asp?id=2215

Editors Note

Kobe Bryant wrote the cover story for this issue. Really wrote it. Its not some as told to (bleep) disguised as a piece of superstar autobiography. The cover story, the images that go with it and the cover itself are the result of a collaboration between Kobe and the magazine, not only in words but in concept. Over the period of a month or so, the Dime staff fielded long, extraordinary emails from #8 and engaged in countless thought-provoking conversations. One thing became ridiculously clear as we worked closely with Kobe to produce the story: he is a passionate perfectionist, a man dedicated to performing at his highest level whether that performance takes place on a basketball court or during a conference call. This story was important to Kobe; he viewed it as an opportunity to communicate unfiltered and uncensored with the public. The photos you see are largely his vision; he wanted them to appear as raw and real as possible no elaborate sets, no airbrushing. Because this story was so important to Kobe, he worked tirelessly to make sure it came off right. He pushed us and challenged us. Our editors battled with Kobe like we normally do amongst ourselves. We discussed every detail from the overall concept of the story and photo shoot down to individual words in his piece. As in any good collaboration, Kobe won some of the battles and Dime won others. Many of us are focused on goals that others say are unreachable. When we launched Dime four-and-a-half years ago, many said the magazine business was too tough and we would not put out a second issue. The issue you are holding is No. 22, and you probably picked it up at one of the 10,000 retail locations that now carry Dime.

Infused in Kobes cover story is the attitude he has forged to overcome the worlds pessimism and his own fears. What if all us dedicated ourselves completely to our chosen tasks? What if none of us accepted defeat? It all ties in to something Kobe said to us more than once: will is everything.

-Dime
http://www.dimemag.com/smack.asp

I haven't read the entire article as of yet... for people who have, your thoughts? Is it worth hunting down the issue?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

Very worthwhile read. I wouldn't be surprised if editors or a journalist
helped him of course, which would be par for the course for an athlete,
but one way or another you'd think it was written by a journalist.

Well done and worth the read. Track it down.

It's posted on here as a thread somewhere, although it was a month or
so old so you may have to dig.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

Well written but most importantly very well thought and inspiring.

Last edited by tw-lakbfan on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Agar5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

Did anyone who subscribed to this magazine when they offered the .81 cent subscrition receive thiers yet? I subscribed after I saw a post that they were offering for a limited time but that was about a month ago. I haven't received anything from them other than a confirmation e-mail.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

Agar5 wrote:
Did anyone who subscribed to this magazine when they offered the .81 cent subscrition receive thiers yet? I subscribed after I saw a post that they were offering for a limited time but that was about a month ago. I haven't received anything from them other than a confirmation e-mail.

I'm still waiting....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

Agar5 wrote:

Me FREAKING too. I asked them when is my first issue coming and will I get the Kobe edition. One month later, I get a response from some rep name Christina that my subscribtion starts in April/May. She doesn't even answer my Kobe edition question. Make sure you call them and cancel too, because I bet this is one of those things where they continue to bill you after the promotion.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

The article written by Kobe in the latest Dime magazine is better than the article in the latest issue of Slam issue 97 with Kobe on the cover.I myself live in San Diego and for weeks was looking at every bookstore and newstand in town and couldnt find this mag.I finally found the mag at a B. Dalton store at a mall in Mission Viejo when I was visting my cousins.In my opinion Dime has over the past 2 to 3 years has become a better magazine than Slam and I've been reading Slam since the 1st issue came out in 94.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: