***Unofficial LAKERS Vs. HORNETS Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Funny how this season when Kobe gets 40, we're like, "that's cool, not
50 or 60 though huh? Ahh well, we got the win."
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

When did anyone doubt Kobe? We were just calling him out on his dumb play. I knew he'd get it together. If you look back to my posts, I called that he'd have a GREAT 4th qtr. I just wish he'd play smarter so that him having a great 4th qtr wasn't necessary.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is just Kobe......the greatest.......Once again,he comes through with a monster 4th.......As bad a shooting night as this and still 40.....

Lamar came through with flying colors with 18,17 and 6......If he can just continue to be more consitsant,more often,anywhere near this.he is a keeper......

And that a game Smush......

Big win.....and Mr.4th quarter Kobe does his magic like no other.....
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I havent seen any Kobe haters in this thread, they were reasonable concerns with him shooting so badly and the other Lakers shooting well. He pulled us out of the fire with some great shots down the stretch, but what if he had missed those to? I dont think any Laker fan could hate Kobe but if he played more of a team game we'd already be saying Micheal Who?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
When did anyone doubt Kobe? We were just calling him out on his dumb play. I knew he'd get it together. If you look back to my posts, I called that he'd have a GREAT 4th qtr. I just wish he'd play smarter so that him having a great 4th qtr wasn't necessary.

Why can't you jus accept it. This is Kobe's 10th season. He will not change his game. Sure he could play alil smarter. But you take the good with the bad. Jus the way it is. I cringe sometimes when he takes bad shots but I know down the stretch he usually comes up big for us if it's a close game.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe is unbelievable. Watched this game at a bar and Kobe is just unreal sometimes with his focus, determination, and ability to finish (whether on jump shot, at the basket, or on the line), especially at the end of games.

Lamar was great too. Don't know any stats, but definitely Lamar and Kobe looked great, Luke looked good, Smush made some big plays there at the end, and Sasha really aggressive as usual. If Sasha can ever start consistently making his shots from the field, he's going to be a real player in this league.

We need to do better on D rebounds too. It's getting frustrating the number of offensive rebounds we give up. It's downright offensive (though I'm not counting long rebounds).
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pop and I were talking about this game. And he said "ugh..9-29?? Kobe would need to make his next 11 shots to reach 50%." I responded "If there was more time, he'd likely do it. Sure enough, he started just drilling shots left and right.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

koolruningz wrote:
I dont think any Laker fan could hate Kobe but if he played more of a team game we'd already be saying Micheal Who?

I am already saying Michael who.....

He does play a team game....Plus just by him being on the court the other guys have sooooo many good looks with a much more open court,as Kobe gathers all those doubles,triples,and traps....
Kobe is some kind of major talent.....

Last edited by Tarzan008 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

magic_bryant wrote:

you've been on Kobe about everything...I'm wondering..why? Kobe is the best thing about the Lakers..do you really wish we didn't have Kobe?

let me guess...a shaq fan?
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe being Kobe
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah no (bleep)...Lamar had a monster game himself. He even played solid D down the stretch. If Kobe (with better efficiency), Lamar and Smush play like this 80% of the time the Lakers could make it to the WCF.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Why can't you jus accept it. This is Kobe's 10th season. He will not change his game. Sure he could play alil smarter. But you take the good with the bad. Jus the way it is. I cringe sometimes when he takes bad shots but I know down the stretch he usually comes up big for us if it's a close game.

Exactly.

And to the casual Kobe fan - or simply the casual sports fan, people don't
realize that alot of what LOOK like such poor shot-attempts are the SAME
shots that Kobe puts in with regularity.

Not gonna give him some blind green-light if I were his coach, but I'd give
him a damned long leash on that stuff.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

Tarzan008 wrote:
Kobe is just Kobe......the greatest.......Once again,he comes through with a monster 4th.......As bad a shooting night as this and still 40.....

Lamar came through with flying colors with 18,17 and 6......If he can just continue to be more consitsant,more often,anywhere near this.he is a keeper......

Although Kobe had a horrible shooting night, he was excellent from the free throw line. I kept trying to point this out to everyone that was complaining. No surprise was able to still get 40, he was 14-16 from the stripe! How everyone was missing that is beyond me!

Last edited by Supa on Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

LO was an absolute beast on the boards tonight
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Crazy game.

Kobe made up for it in the end.
Lamar was just insane off the boards. This is why I love this guy's game. He is the only guy on this team that will do something like that while Kobe's shooting so much.
Parker had a very nice game.

But in all honesty. The defense sucked. Phil tried zone. Amazing. They start playing zone 60+ games into the season?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:

Although Kobe had a horrible shooting night, he was excellent from the free throw line. I kept trying to point this out to everyone that was complaining. No surprise he got 40, he was 14-16 from the stripe! How everyone was missing that is beyond me!

Heh Kobe is usually money from the line that's why.
Kobina returns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I give up. I dont BELIEVE Kobe. I dont.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Some of you see ballhogging, I see a dude who wants to win at ANY cost. Other players would have crapped their pants and stopped shooting. Not Kobe...
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Man, I was just looking at the stats for the Hornets. That has to be a frustrating game for them. 3 guys with 20+ points and 5 guys in double figures and they still lose.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Sasha ever gets a consistent shot, look for him to become a real LEGIT tradeable piece. Teams already call about him now. Boston was ready to move Banks for him.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Sasha brings a LOT of nice "team oriented" skills to his game. Smush is a GREAT individual player, with his athleticism. But for a team game, Sasha's ability to use his foot speed on D and cerebral Offensive game are INVALUABLE to the sucess of the Triangle offense. The ability to throw decisive, quick-hitting passes without thinking and just "feeling" where the pass and players need to be are just what a triangle offense needs in it's players. Sasha brings that.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if lamar played like that...or even..17 and 9..every night..we'd be 6th seed easily...

tonight we saw what happens if Lamar plays well...what we didn't see is DEFENSE..

we're soft at the PG...and interior...biggest weaknesses...we'll see it exposed again against the spurs..
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:

Although Kobe had a horrible shooting night, he was excellent from the free throw line. I kept trying to point this out to everyone that was complaining. No surprise was able to still get 40, he was 14-16 from the stripe! How everyone was missing that is beyond me!

Yup......thats true Freethrows are vital and a big part of the total picture.......Plus all those fouls put onto the backs of the oppostion is a big thing....They play softer and the team fouls give the Lakers many more free ones.....
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

The reason I know he can do it is because sometimes he does. Sometimes he goes cold and shifts the focus into a faciltating mode. Sometimes he seems to make a decision not to. In any case, he is clutch, as always. KOBE!
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

are we tied for the 7th seed after this
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

you've been on Kobe about everything...I'm wondering..why? Kobe is the best thing about the Lakers..do you really wish we didn't have Kobe?

let me guess...a shaq fan?

No, DEAR GOD NO!! I hate Shaq.

I'm just a HUGE fan of Kobe. I understand the triangle offense and it's principles and don't agree with his way of playing at times. For the most part, he plays WONDERFULLY. But there are times when you can just "feel" a personal agenda. Tonight was one of those nights.

Luckily, he realized he was costing the team the game at the end of the 3rd and "reeled" it in a bit and picked his spots better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: