***Unofficial LAKERS Vs. HORNETS Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
When did anyone doubt Kobe? We were just calling him out on his dumb play. I knew he'd get it together. If you look back to my posts, I called that he'd have a GREAT 4th qtr. I just wish he'd play smarter so that him having a great 4th qtr wasn't necessary.

you've been on Kobe about everything...I'm wondering..why? Kobe is the best thing about the Lakers..do you really wish we didn't have Kobe?

let me guess...a shaq fan?

No, DEAR GOD NO!! I hate Shaq.

I'm just a HUGE fan of Kobe. I understand the triangle offense and it's principles and don't agree with his way of playing at times. For the most part, he plays WONDERFULLY. But there are times when you can just "feel" a personal agenda. Tonight was one of those nights.

Luckily, he realized he was costing the team the game at the end of the 3rd and "reeled" it in a bit and picked his spots better.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Crazy game.

Kobe made up for it in the end.
Lamar was just insane off the boards. This is why I love this guy's game. He is the only guy on this team that will do something like that while Kobe's shooting so much.
Parker had a very nice game.

But in all honesty. The defense sucked. Phil tried zone. Amazing. They start playing zone 60+ games into the season?

That's what makes LO an excellent "3rd option."

He can score enough to be the 3rd-option on offense, but he fills in the
stat sheet in other areas.

The biggest part of it is that he's what my friend and I like to call a
"garbage man."

You don't have to run plays TO him. He gets his points off of crashing
boards, broken plays, etc.

That kind of has him playing out of his element, because as a "2nd option"
they run plays to him.

The flat-out best "garbage man" in the game is Shawn Marion. The Suns
rarely ever, ever run a play to the guy and yet he's neck-and-neck with
Dwight for leading the league in boards and he's 6'9".... he also scores,
what? 22ppg or something?

Don't get me wrong, Nash and the whole "Suns system" is a part of that,
but when they get Amare back they'll be sick - because it allows him
to be that 3rd-option again and naturally collect the trash.

Lamar to me can be, if a less version, the same kind of role for us as that
3rd star.

With less pressure to score he can crash the boards even better, improve
his defense a bit, and continue to drop the dimes.

I'd trade him for a solid 2nd-option if its the right guy, don't get me wrong,
but ideally I'd like to bring in that 2nd guy and see how LO plays out once
he's in the role he needs as a 3rd-option and "garbage man."
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
Some of you see ballhogging, I see a dude who wants to win at ANY cost. Other players would have crapped their pants and stopped shooting. Not Kobe...

really? I see it as Kobe not trusting his teammates...which is completely valid...

If I knew I could take half the team by myself...or throw it in to Kwame Stonehands...or passive lamar..I'd shoot the same amount..
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
kobe playing like garbage tonight.

anyone wanna get back on the Kobe bandwagon....we are loading up and heading off

Thank You!!!
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
When did anyone doubt Kobe? We were just calling him out on his dumb play. I knew he'd get it together. If you look back to my posts, I called that he'd have a GREAT 4th qtr. I just wish he'd play smarter so that him having a great 4th qtr wasn't necessary.

you've been on Kobe about everything...I'm wondering..why? Kobe is the best thing about the Lakers..do you really wish we didn't have Kobe?

I'm just a HUGE fan of Kobe. I understand the triangle offense and it's principles and don't agree with his way of playing at times. For the most part, he plays WONDERFULLY. But there are times when you can just "feel" a personal agenda. Tonight was one of those nights.

Luckily, he realized he was costing the team the game at the end of the 3rd and "reeled" it in a bit and picked his spots better.

Seriously read this guys posts, thats not hating. You wanna read hating check out the BSPN boards. Seems to me he just wants Kobe AND the Lakers to be the best they can be.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Yes, Soda.

I was watching the game and I actually saw alot of positives on offense. I really see a future with the Bryant-Odom duo because of this kind of stuff. It is rare an all-star talent will do stuff like that. Odom impacted the game while Kobe was shooting. Can we say that about any other Laker?

As me and Shoes have said numerous times. Around Kobe like with Micheal Jordan you need really talented and submissive role players. Guys that will do things other than score.

A guy like Dennis Rodman who will crash the boards. A guy like Steve Kerr who will just shoot from the outside. A guy like Ho Grant that will defend low block.

I hope the Lakers this season get specific skill players. A guy that's an incredible shotblocker. A guy that can flat out shoot from the perimeter. A guy that can flat out defend inside and another that can defend on the perimeter.

That plus Bryant+Odom is a team I can see being very successful in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ok everybody talks about kobe needs to get his teammates involved and what not. and i totally agree, but it only works for 1 quarter, maybe a half with kobe not taking many shots and getting his teammatse shots. but the laker role players can sustain it for a whole game or even for three quarters which is why kobe has to take over almost night in and night out. Cuz his teammatse arent reliable enough to get it done
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Our defense definately needs to improve for us to make a solid run
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Stylistic Stylez wrote:
ok everybody talks about kobe needs to get his teammates involved and what not. and i totally agree, but it only works for 1 quarter, maybe a half with kobe not taking many shots and getting his teammatse shots. but the laker role players can sustain it for a whole game or even for three quarters which is why kobe has to take over almost night in and night out. Cuz his teammatse arent reliable enough to get it done

But even if they're good for a quarter, you have to use them. It forces the Defense to wonder "If I leave this guy open and double Kobe, will this scrub be another Derek Fisher in '01?"
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

I didn't really see an agenda...I thought he could have passed it a few times..to smush and lamar on a cut..but for the most part..he was just trying to score..and keep the lead..

what I do think is that Kobe could get the ball lower on the post...this would make the spacing in the triangle a lot better...then the cuts would be in place and we'd see a lot easier baskets...

but that wasn't really the issue tonight..we scored like 117..the issue was defense..
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Good game BY SMUSH
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yes, Soda.

I was watching the game and I actually saw alot of positives on offense. I really see a future with the Bryant-Odom duo because of this kind of stuff. It is rare an all-star talent will do stuff like that. Odom impacted the game while Kobe was shooting. Can we say that about any other Laker?

As me and Shoes have said numerous times. Around Kobe like with Micheal Jordan you need really talented and submissive role players. Guys that will do things other than score.

A guy like Dennis Rodman who will crash the boards. A guy like Steve Kerr who will just shoot from the outside. A guy like Ho Grant that will defend low block.

I hope the Lakers this season get specific skill players. A guy that's an incredible shotblocker. A guy that can flat out shoot from the perimeter. A guy that can flat out defend inside and another that can defend on the perimeter.

That plus Bryant+Odom is a team I can see being very successful in the future.

And add Andrew in about 2-3 seasons,but I cant wait for that long

yeah..I don't want to wait that long either...

hopefully Bynum can be that low post presence...
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I wish we had Pau Gasol on this team so bad........He would be the perfect 2nd go-to guy for Kobe and allows Lamar to be the 3rd option
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29
Jump to: