Kobe Asks Laker Fans to Support Lamar Odom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
bounty wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
KG's got Kobe-type fire, ok well - close

That's what separates him from the LO's

KG is ill in the post and outside AND 15 ft. KG can carry a team offensively. KG can carry a team period. Please before you goto the "Look at his playoffs etc record", we are witnessing what great talent can do without help. Not much, and kobe is waaaaaay better tha KG

KG is not a post player. He's a 7ft small forward. He's been criticized his whole career for not developing his low post game and actually playing the post.

KG's edge on Kobe as a "lone superstar" on his team is that he's a big.

Easier to build around bigs.

Kobe's edge on KG as a "lone superstar" (and a talent) is his mentallity of
"I want that shot."

KG doesn't have that - but ya know what?

That's what makes them SUCHHHHHHHH a perfect match.

No butting heads.

No "I want it, no I want it" like with Shaq/Kobe.

KG would happily, and with TONS of loyalty to everyone on the squad,
play with fire every night on defense, the boards, assists, and still
get his 20+ ppg.

Per

fect.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

KG isn't the same player he used to be.

I don't see that rebounding and defensive impact he used to make. He also has never been able to carry a team in the 4th.

Love to have him as a Laker, but he is not a Franchise player anymore IMO
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JuiceMonkey
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Finally someone sees it my way. kobe Bryant. He said about LO what i always have said

Kobes words reffering to LO:
Potential
Whens he becomes consistent
When he Puts it all together
Patient
4 phrases all of us so called "haters" have used since day 1
great 3quarters by LO 2night
Great 1 quarter by kobe
great game By Smush

:roll:

I will give it that GameCock has said that Odom has a lot of potential - but YOU?

Please. All you done is made threads asking people what does Odom do that's good and rating each skill out of 10.

You are the biggest Odom hater ever. You better believe Kobe doesn't think at all like you.

Bryant knows how Odom was the only guy that busted his ass to get 17 boards on a team that doesn't show much passion at all. And 9 out of 10 guys in the league (especially the one's with talent) will not support a guy shooting that much.

Someone sees it your way? Certainly not Kobe Bean Bryant.

yea you didnt rate if Im correct, or that was your boy that didnt. Look Lo was very nice 2night. But please lets listen to kobes words. Those were his words not mine.

Those were words you say about a rook, 2-3 year guy. Not a 7year vet on his 3rd team. What about smushs 5steals and 16 pts. im sure kobe was aware of those. Yes kobe does think like i do. If LO brought it every night, utilized his 6'10 frame he would be excellent. WE ALL SAY THAT. Go look at my preseason posts. Please.

Kobes words if molded into one would be "IF". IF LO did this, IF lo did that.

please just go away, u post one thing and now ur claiming u never did this or that. all u do is talk about how lamar is useless in every facet of the game with the exception of being an "above average" rebounder. uggh, please stop posting, at least about lamar.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I don't see that rebounding and defensive impact he used to make. He also has never been able to carry a team in the 4th.

I still see the defense, and his rebounding has only slightly tapered off.

As for the 4th-quarter - same thing.

PERFECT.

Kobe is Mr. 4th quarter.

KG scores 20+ ppg, most of them in the first 3.

Inside-Outside.

Both guys live and DIE to play the game.

Fire every night 110%... and don't think that KG wouldn't become
"recharged" if he moved out to L.A. to play under Phil and alongside Kobe.

Perfect compliments.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I definitely have been one that has bashed Odom but if Kobe thinks he will eventually get it, who am I to bash him I will try to be patient with this guy and so far he has been more involved in games since the all star break and he has actually played like he cares.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I really don't think it's been the All-Star break he's been playing with passion. I think when he found out he was on the roster for the Olympic team that's when he started playing real hard IMO.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

As we should support Lamar he is Laker. I see all you guys are saying KG would be perfect for the Lakers . TRue all the way. he does share that same fire Kobe has, well close. He'll bring 20 points and 12 rebounds guaranteed. As great of an addition KG would be to the lakers unfortunetly he is not a free agent until the 2008- 09 season. I guess we just gotta figure out some sign and trade deal to get KG out of lonely Minnesotta and to the warm and peaceful streets of L.A.
Well if Kevin Garnett becomes teammates with Kobe it won't be too peaceful. There will be alot of parades running through.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

KingKobeDubbz wrote:
As we should support Lamar he is Laker. I see all you guys are saying KG would be perfect for the Lakers . TRue all the way. he does share that same fire Kobe has, well close. He'll bring 20 points and 12 rebounds guaranteed. As great of an addition KG would be to the lakers unfortunetly he is not a free agent until the 2008- 09 season. I guess we just gotta figure out some sign and trade deal to get KG out of lonely Minnesotta and to the warm and peaceful streets of L.A.
Well if Kevin Garnett becomes teammates with Kobe it won't be too peaceful. There will be alot of parades running through.

Actually KG has what's called an "ETO" (early termination option) in 2007.

I'm unsure of the implications, because it's different from your typical
player-option.

My best guess, and NOT being a capologist-type, is that he'd lose some
money or something along those lines - Larry Coon would be a good guy
to ask, or Emplay.

But apparently, KG and a couple of other all-star bigs in fact, have "ETOs"
in their contract under the old CBA.

Again, I don't know the implications - so I don't know how likely it is that
he'd opt out.

But that could be one of the reasons behind the rumblings of KG being
available this coming summer - and the rumors of our having considered
dealing with the Wolves for him before the deadline.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Lamar was on the radio postgame talking about how he demanded the ball from teammates in the post during/after the SA game on Monday, to the point that he lost his composure with them. This was the best news from him - FIRE and great play.

I know that it is frustrating with him, but Lamar will get it. It's nice to hear Kobe support him. If Lamar is really dumb, it doesn't mean that he will be the ONE PLayer who Phil and Tex have coached that will never learn the Triangle. It just means that it will take a little longer to get it. That's why Phil has been spending extra time instrusting Lamar on the triangle
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

tenguygrst wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Finally someone sees it my way. kobe Bryant. He said about LO what i always have said

Kobes words reffering to LO:
Potential
Whens he becomes consistent
When he Puts it all together
Patient
4 phrases all of us so called "haters" have used since day 1
great 3quarters by LO 2night
Great 1 quarter by kobe
great game By Smush

:roll:

I will give it that GameCock has said that Odom has a lot of potential - but YOU?

Please. All you done is made threads asking people what does Odom do that's good and rating each skill out of 10.

You are the biggest Odom hater ever. You better believe Kobe doesn't think at all like you.

Bryant knows how Odom was the only guy that busted his ass to get 17 boards on a team that doesn't show much passion at all. And 9 out of 10 guys in the league (especially the one's with talent) will not support a guy shooting that much.

Someone sees it your way? Certainly not Kobe Bean Bryant.

yea you didnt rate if Im correct, or that was your boy that didnt. Look Lo was very nice 2night. But please lets listen to kobes words. Those were his words not mine.

Those were words you say about a rook, 2-3 year guy. Not a 7year vet on his 3rd team. What about smushs 5steals and 16 pts. im sure kobe was aware of those. Yes kobe does think like i do. If LO brought it every night, utilized his 6'10 frame he would be excellent. WE ALL SAY THAT. Go look at my preseason posts. Please.

Kobes words if molded into one would be "IF". IF LO did this, IF lo did that.

please just go away, u post one thing and now ur claiming u never did this or that. all u do is talk about how lamar is useless in every facet of the game with the exception of being an "above average" rebounder. uggh, please stop posting, at least about lamar.

In fact today bounty why don't you just take the day off like the rest of the haters? Sit back, and wait till LO stumbles so you can hustle back in to start the (bleep)...

I hope to God Lamar can make sure to pad his points no matter what else he does that goes ignored just to keep you, and your group the hell up outta here!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I think Lamar is starting to get more confidence in the Tri and is really building some momentum. Hopefully he can continue to crescendo into the playoffs.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Good to see some are finally seeing what Lamar Odom is all about......

Wrong, wolf. What's good is that Odom is finally giving people something to be excited about. It's got nothing to do with people finally seeing it, and has everything to do with him finally DOING it. That said, MAJOR ups to LO. He was badass tonight!!!

Last edited by NoMoreGame7s on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
odom played very good these past 3 games. Hes playing with some real passion. This is the third consecutive game ive seen him go after consecutive offensive rebounds. He wants us to make the playoffs. im for that.

Problem is Lamar goes on stretches of great games then he has bad stretches where he is useless. It's really strange. He's a bipolar basketball player.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

If Lamar can keep doing this, then for sure I will support him a hell of a lot more.
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

this is too funny The haters hide when odom plays well, and the jockers dissapear when odom plays bad! the fact that neither side is present the majority of the time says more about Lamar than it does about you!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:
this is too funny The haters hide when odom plays well, and the jockers dissapear when odom plays bad! the fact that neither side is present the majority of the time says more about Lamar than it does about you!

Not true.
i would be embarassed by Kobes comments if I were LO.
potential
Consistency
Could be
Doesnt realize
boy. Friends like those
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I still see the defense, and his rebounding has only slightly tapered off.

As for the 4th-quarter - same thing.

PERFECT.

Kobe is Mr. 4th quarter.

KG scores 20+ ppg, most of them in the first 3.

Inside-Outside.

Both guys live and DIE to play the game.

Fire every night 110%... and don't think that KG wouldn't become
"recharged" if he moved out to L.A. to play under Phil and alongside Kobe.

Perfect compliments.

Soda, one thing that scares the hell out of me more than anything else with KG is his knees. I sincerely can't see him having more than another good two to three seasons on them. He's got more heart than just about anyone else in the leagu outside of Kobe, but those knees just don't look like they are going to hold up....I luv KG, but I'm definitely in the minority that would hae to take a pass on him. I simply don't get excited about players with two year windows. I loved Karl Malone and could handle him because he was the biggest bargain in the history of the NBA, but I knew he had a two year window max and I'm just one for keeping a balance between the young bucks and the worn stallions headed for the glue factory. (Obviously won't be a popular position on here as I get the feeling the majority of the posters here actually like KG more than they do Kobe)
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
bounty wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
KG's got Kobe-type fire, ok well - close

That's what separates him from the LO's

KG is ill in the post and outside AND 15 ft. KG can carry a team offensively. KG can carry a team period. Please before you goto the "Look at his playoffs etc record", we are witnessing what great talent can do without help. Not much, and kobe is waaaaaay better tha KG

KG is not a post player. He's a 7ft small forward. He's been criticized his whole career for not developing his low post game and actually playing the post.

KG has an ill turn around he uses daily in the post. His 10 footer is sick which is right there. He is nasty in the post Hes been critisized for not getting better results. We all see now that when you are a one man team you are lucky to be 500. Thats what we are
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Asks Laker Fans to Support Lamar Odom

c'mon bounty- If Kobe said this about you, you should be thrilled.

Scherm wrote:
Kobe rolled his eyes and said Lamar could be one of the best ever with his potential--it was just a matter of him figuring out how to function in this system, but he said he would figure it out.

Kobe knows how hard it is to be the initiator. Remember how many people Kobe pissed off when he had the initiator role? He knows the difficulties, and how long it takes to learn. Kobe and Lamar have opposite problems with the tri. Kobe tends to be too selfish (or confident), and Lamar tends to be too unselfish (or passive). MANY, including Phil thought Kobe would never get it and should be traded. But, look at him now, the best player in the league.

Give Lamar time, he'll come around.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Pappy wrote:

Not true.
potential
Consistency
Could be
Doesnt realize
boy. Friends like those

Why bounty! It is the way you interperted what was said that is embarrasing for you!!!

That's not a knock!! What in theeeee hell are you talking about???!!!!

He is saying what has been told to you ad nauseum! When LO is fully fluid in his role he will be a monster is what he is talking about. Hell, the whole team is going to be tough when they all learn how to function in the tri. Stop reaching to justify you're bogus ass argument... I't ain' work'n!
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
Pappy wrote:

Not true.
potential
Consistency
Could be
Doesnt realize
boy. Friends like those

Why bounty! It is the way you interperted what was said that is embarrasing for you!!!

That's not a knock!! What in theeeee hell are you talking about???!!!!

He is saying what has been told to you ad nauseum! When LO is fully fluid in his role he will be a monster is what he is talking about. Hell, the whole team is going to be tough when they all learn how to function in the tri. Stop reaching to justify you're bogus ass argument... I't ain' work'n!

Wow, Shoes, you're gonna throw a lace.
I agree completely, and Lamar knows it too. Remember, Phil came here liking Lamar's skills in the tri. He just needs to learn the #@$# thing, and then he'll excel. Patience bounty, patience.
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

mbloves L.A. wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Give it up to Odom for tonight.

Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is playing like a complete stud right now. And I still say the only guy he should even be considered to be traded for is KG.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

so you wouldnt trade lamar for elton brand? duncan? amare?
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Oh, come on. What was Kobe supposed to say? "Lamar Odom is a lost cause and has no place on this team"? The media would tear him apart if he said something like that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: