What were LO's Answers to Mychal's Questions After Hornets Game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: What were LO's Answers to Mychal's Questions After Hornets Game?

After the win with the Hornets, Mychal Thompson asked LO why he doesn't demand the ball and take advantages of his skills/heights more often - the d... AM radio made it hard to understand what LO's answers were.

Does anybody remember what were LO's answers?
All Kupchak
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LO replied "Why did you wear those short a-- shorts when you played?"
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What were LO's Answers to Mychal's Questions After Hornets Game?

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
After the win with the Hornets, Mychal Thompson asked LO why he doesn't demand the ball and take advantages of his skills/heights more often - the d... AM radio made it hard to understand what LO's answers were.

Does anybody remember what were LO's answers?

I'd also love to hear his comments if somebody has them.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Dondre
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

I can't remember word for word but he said something like, "When Kobe is having an off shooting night its important for the rest of the team to set up. I was frustrated last game because I wasn't getting the ball to post up Ginobili and Finley and him were tag teaming me on the offensive end."
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

Lamar was upset that he wasn't getting the ball so he said "nicely" to his teammates to get him the damn ball once in a while.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject:

Dondre wrote:
I can't remember word for word but he said something like, "When Kobe is having an off shooting night its important for the rest of the team to set up. I was frustrated last game because I wasn't getting the ball to post up Ginobili and Finley and him were tag teaming me on the offensive end."
Hmm - that's great to hear. Having watch this game closely, it didn't appear that LO was consistently asking/demanding the ball in the post, getting himself open in the post and/or setting up in the post demanding the ball. Smush/Sasha might have had problems getting him the ball - but not DGeorge, Luke and/or Kobe. Is this just me - still, it's good that he realizes that he needs to execute for the team to have any kind of long-standing success in the playoffs.

btw: Lakers are now in 7th with 6th place just a heartbeat away?!?!?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

I think they're technically tied for the 7th but probably still considered the 8th seed since they're a game back in the loss column. The 6th spot is close, but who do we root for during tomorrow's Kings/Grizzlies game? We need Memphis to lose a few games if we expect to catch them for that 6th spot, but with the Kings sneaking up and the Lakers having a game against the Spurs that night, a Kings loss would ease some pressure.
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

I think they're technically tied for the 7th but probably still considered the 8th seed since they're a game back in the loss column. The 6th spot is close, but who do we root for during tomorrow's Kings/Grizzlies game? We need Memphis to lose a few games if we expect to catch them for that 6th spot, but with the Kings sneaking up and the Lakers having a game against the Spurs that night, a Kings loss would ease some pressure.

I was thinking the same thing,but i expect we hand the kings another loss when we play them so im not to worried about them winning vs the grizz
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:

THE_BUTLER_DID_IT wrote:
Exick wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

I was thinking the same thing,but i expect we hand the kings another loss when we play them so im not to worried about them winning vs the grizz

Did you guys see the schedule? The Grizzlies have the easiest schedule left in the league. We won't catch them. We should hope the Kings to lose.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Lamar was upset that he wasn't getting the ball so he said "nicely" to his teammates to get him the damn ball once in a while.

I remember that part. He said, I just told the guys to get me the ball in the post...

I was going to post this when this interview was fresh in my mind but, thought I would be accused of "jocking!"

Now when I think about it... Why the (bleep) do I care who accuses me of that?

Anyway he did say in light of Kobe struggling that he did call for the ball in the post. LO knew the Hornets have nothing to stop him. Mychal kept telling LO that as well.

If the Lakers employ that strategy at least some of the time with both Kobe, and Smush particularly that kind of speed could be overwhelming for a lot of defences. Odom would find em. Meantime Brian Cook needs to find a way to get open. Boom the triple post is starting to materialize....

Odom skill set dictates that he can be used as initiator or Post prescence.
Jax may have had this in the future plan anyway. Maybe the time has just now arrived...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:

junebug wrote:
THE_BUTLER_DID_IT wrote:
Exick wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Did you guys see the schedule? The Grizzlies have the easiest schedule left in the league. We won't catch them. We should hope the Kings to lose.

That's true. We may not be able to catch the Griz, but the Clippers have the toughest schedule with 13 road games. Utah - 12, Hornets - 11, Kings & Rockets - 10.

We're still in 8th place because we're .001 & points behind the Hornets. Even if we had identical records, we'd still be in 8th because we're 1-1 in head-to-head matchups and the Hornets have a better conference record than we do.

It's been a rocky season to be sure, but when was the last time you felt this kind of excitement about the regular season in March?

Last edited by numero-ocho on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

I've noticed that he has been more vocal about getting the ball since the detroit game. vs SA he was calling for it and they seemed to always go away from him. I was glad to see him posting up, calling for the ball and scoring last night. That said, he needs to have a better base in the post. he seems to always be off balance. He spreads his legs too much and it throws him off balance. That leads to offensive fouls and turnovers. He also needs to stop trying to pass the ball to kwame and mihm in traffic when he has point blank range in front of the hoop. He just needs to elevate and shoot or dunk the ball. Great to see him being more aggressive though. Hopefully things are turning around.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

I think that if he wants the rock, he should talk seriusly to Phil and let him now. Having 8 fg attempts does not get the job done.
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

I remember that part. He said, I just told the guys to get me the ball in the post...

I was going to post this when this interview was fresh in my mind but, thought I would be accused of "jocking!"

Anyway he did say in light of Kobe struggling that he did call for the ball in the post. LO knew the Hornets have nothing to stop him. Mychal kept telling LO that as well.

If the Lakers employ that strategy at least some of the time with both Kobe, and Smush particularly that kind of speed could be overwhelming for a lot of defences. Odom would find em. Meantime Brian Cook needs to find a way to get open. Boom the triple post is starting to materialize....

Jax may have had this in the future plan anyway. Maybe the time has just now arrived...

SHOES I have been one to critize Odoms play but after Kobe's comments about Odom last night and his strong performances since the allstar break I for one will layoff. I believe you have been a little over defensive with regard to Odom but closer to correct than the rest of us and Kobe echoed your analyst of Odom last night after the game so anyone bashing him has had their comments trumped by an MVP candidate that is enough for this Laker fan go LO.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

junebug wrote:
THE_BUTLER_DID_IT wrote:
Exick wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

forget the kings. i want to move up. rather that not move down.

i want to play denver and get out of the first round.

if you cant go for broke, what's the point.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

anytime the kings are involved I root for them to lose
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

To your point, Shoes...if we all recall, Phil always brought out "new" wrinkles to the tri at this time of the year and during the playoffs, perhaps Lamar finally posting up is one of them.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

Let us pray that is so, Vandal.
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

Amen to that, Karl.

I wrote in another post...but it was nice to see the flow of the offense late. Kobe, Kobe, Lamar, Lamar, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Lamar. That stretch of basketball showed us a glimpse of what things COULD be. Each offensive possesion we scored (Lamar or Kobe) or assisted on a score or drew the foul for throws. It was pretty awesome basketball. We are devastating this way AND a whole lot to contend with defensively for teams. Dare I say that Lamar looks like he is finding a consistent role on our team some 60 games in. I think it is Jax rolling out his little adjustments which has been his custom. It's starting to jell finally.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

Vandal08, let's pray that it's so again.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

2nd hand info has Lamar saying...(paraphrased)... "I want the ball in the post, if it doesn't lead to a basket, it's going to lead to an open shot for my teammates..."
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

lakerMark wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

SHOES I have been one to critize Odoms play but after Kobe's comments about Odom last night and his strong performances since the allstar break I for one will layoff. I believe you have been a little over defensive with regard to Odom but closer to correct than the rest of us and Kobe echoed your analyst of Odom last night after the game so anyone bashing him has had their comments trumped by an MVP candidate that is enough for this Laker fan go LO.

NO problem bro... Climb aboard Laker fan!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
Amen to that, Karl.

I wrote in another post...but it was nice to see the flow of the offense late. Kobe, Kobe, Lamar, Lamar, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Lamar. That stretch of basketball showed us a glimpse of what things COULD be. Each offensive possesion we scored (Lamar or Kobe) or assisted on a score or drew the foul for throws. It was pretty awesome basketball. We are devastating this way AND a whole lot to contend with defensively for teams. Dare I say that Lamar looks like he is finding a consistent role on our team some 60 games in. I think it is Jax rolling out his little adjustments which has been his custom. It's starting to jell finally.

With a few less mistakes in the San Antonio game, and only defensively, the Spurs were a game the Lakers could have won. They are that close to becoming formidable. The guys knew it too. This win down the stretch under pressure to catch N.O. ON THE ROAD could mean they are about to become believers. The Lakers are starting to understand each other out there as well. We haven't seen the last mistake or bad game, but at least the guys are acting as if they learned some things from beatings.

Neither Kobe, or LO can be contained one on one. If Jax can make this work to excel the team all the Lakers have to be concerned about is delivery from the others. Devean George's return is crucial. With the addition of Jim Jackson suddenly we look really tough. In the closing minutes of the games.

LO/distribution, boards/ score
Kobe/ straight up kill mode!
Jackson/ stay open
George/boards/ stand by on the perimeter
Kwame/ boards, boards, boards!

This is a veteran lineup that can defend, produce, and (bleep) intimidate...
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

^^^tru dat, shoes. I agree. That lineup is formidable for sure. Hmm. yeah, didn't think about Devean. We definately need his return not to go past a week off...he's played well for most of the year. My only concern with this lineup is LO playing other teams 4's. While we are a beast offensively, my concern is the defensive glass and post defense from LO. Might need some tinkering. I think you have to go with Mihm on this and rotate 1 deep and that would be DG and JJ in crunch time. Those 6 and that's it. Everyone else has to play through the fatigue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: