Do you want this team to stay together and grow or do you want to see a new look Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

the only players that I would really like to keep are Kobe, Bynum, and Turiaf.

everyone else should be shoped to get better.

odom-bad fit with Kobe, too inconsistant
walton-only thing he can do is pass-horrible defender
cook-can only shoot-horrible defender
smush-might be a good backup-horrible defender
Sasha-one of the worst players in the league
Kwame-nice post defense-nothing else
Mihm-decent player-too soft
George-decent defender-too inconsistant
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Depends on if they get to the playoffs and what they do once they get there. No point in not making changes if they can't get into the playoffs.

This team is ok for a playoff team expected to lose in the first round like the Timberwolves in the past. If Odom finally finds out who he is if not what he is, then the Lakers may survive the 2nd round. If Kwame turns out to be a beast in the paint, this team can be a past the 2nd round team. These are a lot of ifs but I'm willing to wait under the end of this year and next year to find out what they can do. Waiting patiently however does not mean that I wont diss them unmercifully as a team or individually if they deserve it.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
Ask me again at the end of the season. If Lamar can keep playing aggressive simply because he was told to then I may change my opinion.

Tradeable guys in my opinion should be George, Mihm, Cook, Kwame, Sasha, possibly Smush. Would be open to move Lamar depending on his play the rest of the year and the player he could bring.

I agree. Fortunately, we do have the rest of the season and playoffs to see what Lamar's MO will be. If after that talk with Phil, he feels more like the Lamar the Heat had, well then he instantly becomes far more of a keeper. If we see the old, passive Lamar - then we'll have to move him for a more consistent impact guy.

I actually think we can go after Boozer this off-season without having to give up too much, especially if the Jazz stay in the lottery (which they should, if we do our job and keep them behind us).
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
orwell wrote:
My wish list:

Keep:
Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, Smush Parker, Ronny Turiaf, Von Wafer, Sasha Vujacic*, Devin Green*

Waive:
Puke Alton, “Milk Carton” Mckie

Trade:
Devean George, Chris Mihm

Pickup/Acquire:
Laron Profit, Rookie (1st round), Rookie (2nd round), Veteran PF/C (via trade), Veteran PG (FA pickup)

* = Trade/waive bubble

VG point guard.... None other than J kidd

Jason kidd will be a free agent this off-season? His contract isn't up yet, what are you talking about (ignore if already answered in the thread).
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
I actually think we can go after Boozer this off-season without having to give up too much, especially if the Jazz stay in the lottery (which they should, if we do our job and keep them behind us).

Yes, it sounds like the Jazz are going to have a fire sale based on Larry Miller's recent comments. *fingers-crossed*
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

Yes, it sounds like the Jazz are going to have a fire sale based on Larry Miller's recent comments. *fingers-crossed*

Oooh, me likes - what did you hear, Orwell?
fuserchris
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see Chauncey billups in a lakers uni, that and an accelerated learning curve from Brown and Bynum.

2006-2007 Starting line

Billups
Bryant
Odom
Brown
Bynum

Lethal
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

i love this team i want to see them grow together
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

DP: Dee Brown (tough pg D and penetration on O)
Re-sign: Deavan George (veteran defensive backup), Laron Profit (defensive backup)

This gives us a bench of:

C: Bynum
PF: Turiaf
SF: George
SG: Profit
PG: Brown

A lot of youth, hustle, and defense here, with a lot of future potential for some to move into the starting lineup down the road.

I like the idea of keeping either Kwame or Mihm at center, and using the other and possibly some combination of smush, sasha, walton, cook, and the MLE to add some help at pf and pg. I would not be averse to moving LO for a big piece (KG etc.), as long as we brought someone in to help with initiating the O. I'm not satisfied completely with LO in that regard, but you wouldn't want to put Kobe back in that role.

In a lot of ways, unless we can land a star, I'd like to see us move to a philosophy along the lines of Philly under Larry Brown, where you had a lot of tough, hustling defenders around one central scorer. Kobe is much better at that than AI, and I think defense is easier to acquire than big-time scorers, salary-wise.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I like growing as a team, because basically this is everybody's first year in this offense, other than Kobe, DG, and Luke. It's not a system that can be figured out one season. I think when Phil first got here they still didn't know the tirangle well enough but because they were so talented and aggresive they won that year. I think if you can keep Lamar on this team he's going to learn. I would like for them to bring in Pippen as a regular assistant coach. I mean he wants to coach and I can see him being a great predocessor to Phil. If anything he can understand what the players are going through when they are lost and he can help them understand it in a way that they'll understand. B. Shaw is trying to do that now and I think he can use some help, and who better to help than a guy that knows the triangle better then the guy who use to initiate it.

I think once players start getting more comfortable you'll see Kobe's shot selection go down maybe 5-8 shots less because the offense will be balanced more and other guys will get touches when they normally wouldn't.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Whichever way wins faster and for the longest time.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Rlewis and BOOz seem realistic this off season. 2 young guys that are better than evreyone we have now not named kobe
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Rlewis and BOOz seem realistic this off season. 2 young guys that are better than evreyone we have now not named kobe

Buss isn't going to pay 10+ million for Boozer. Not happening. And Rashard is a step down from LO, quit looking at points!
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I like Booz, but I think we over-rate Rashard Lewis here. He's a bad rebounder for his size and is just beyond a pathetic defender. Not my top choice at all. At least Booz, while not a great defender, is an inside presence who will score and rebound. Rashard is a one-dimensional guy who only looks to score. Yeah, he'll give you 20 a night, but that's about all you get, and what does he give up to his opponent? There's a reason that team is in the cellar. Also, can someone please tell me how it's possible for a guy whose 6'10" to be out-rebounded by many small guards in this league? That's just flat out being lazy about doing any real dirty work and that's not impressive. I want multi-dimensional guys who do more than just one thing. If we want to build a championship team, we need the core guys to do more than just 1 thing.

I'd take Rashard if all it took was giving up spare parts, but I disagree that he's better than Odom. Just because he scores 6 more points per game, doesn't make his all-around game superior; and I think we put far too much emphasis here on scoring instead of defense and rebounding. Look, I don't mind adding a pure scorer, but for what Rashard is going to command, I'll take a pass on paying a guy near max money just to score. For near max, he dam well better also rebound, defend, block some shots, do SOMETHING else. I mean, does anyone really think that 6 pts. equals or exceeds a player grabbing nearly twice as many rebounds and between 2-3 times as many assists, because that's the difference between Rashard and Odom.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
I like Booz, but I think we over-rate Rashard Lewis here. He's a bad rebounder for his size and is just beyond a pathetic defender. Not my top choice at all. At least Booz, while not a great defender, is an inside presence who will score and rebound. Rashard is a one-dimensional guy who only looks to score. Yeah, he'll give you 20 a night, but that's about all you get, and what does he give up to his opponent? There's a reason that team is in the cellar. Also, can someone please tell me how it's possible for a guy whose 6'10" to be out-rebounded by many small guards in this league? That's just flat out being lazy about doing any real dirty work and that's not impressive. I want multi-dimensional guys who do more than just one thing. If we want to build a championship team, we need the core guys to do more than just 1 thing.

I'd take Rashard if all it took was giving up spare parts, but I disagree that he's better than Odom. Just because he scores 6 more points per game, doesn't make his all-around game superior; and I think we put far too much emphasis here on scoring instead of defense and rebounding. Look, I don't mind adding a pure scorer, but for what Rashard is going to command, I'll take a pass on paying a guy near max money just to score. For near max, he dam well better also rebound, defend, block some shots, do SOMETHING else. I mean, does anyone really think that 6 pts. equals or exceeds a player grabbing nearly twice as many rebounds and between 2-3 times as many assists, because that's the difference between Rashard and Odom.

Its not about points as much as its about taking pressure off the franchise. RLewis D is better than Lo's for the simple fact that HE HAS TO BE guarded on the other end. no breaks for his guy. his POST play is so much better than LO's its not even funny. We saw when LO was out that we were able to rebound the ball better than the other team.

Its proven if we dont get 40 from Kobe we probably dont win. thats not good for the TEAM. RLewis has carried the O plenty of night when ray was off

Dont sell this faciitator BS b/c PJ has clearly HAD TO TAKE that responsibility off LO's shoulders, and says HE WANTS MORE PTS.

Now add Booz for Mihm( i love mihm) we have another guys who can board and give you O. This team is so poorly constructed its ridiculous.

When one guy has to score 40 to win, you need fixin
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

Its not about points as much as its about taking pressure off the franchise. RLewis D is better than Lo's for the simple fact that HE HAS TO BE guarded on the other end. no breaks for his guy. his POST play is so much better than LO's its not even funny. We saw when LO was out that we were able to rebound the ball better than the other team.

Its proven if we dont get 40 from Kobe we probably dont win. thats not good for the TEAM. RLewis has carried the O plenty of night when ray was off

Dont sell this faciitator BS b/c PJ has clearly HAD TO TAKE that responsibility off LO's shoulders, and says HE WANTS MORE PTS.

Now add Booz for Mihm( i love mihm) we have another guys who can board and give you O. This team is so poorly constructed its ridiculous.

Kind of like your need to put LO in every one of your posts. RLewis is a defensive joke who doesn't rebound, pass, or even show up offensively every night. I also seem to remember him sitting out big games with minor boo boos.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

Kind of like your need to put LO in every one of your posts. RLewis is a defensive joke who doesn't rebound, pass, or even show up offensively every night. I also seem to remember him sitting out big games with minor boo boos.

Thank you!!!

Rashard Lewis is SO damned overrated on this board it's unbelieveable. He's a soft, jumpshooter. That's it. He gives up points to his man and doesn't help his teammates get any easy breaks.

Rashard Lewis over LO.

Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

So you think it's easier to get rebounds than it is to score? Ok!!! Do you not realize scorers are a DIME a damn dozen in the NBA.

Your hatred of LO is just laughable at best. And don't feel the need to respond. You've already said more than enough times in EVERY post. The response would just be more of the same.

The fact that you say Rashard "automatically" is a better defender because his opponent has to guard him says it all.

Points, points, points.

I bet you're one of those that still cry about Caron being traded, too, huh?
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I have very limited patience. Kobe's in his best years athletically, and needs proven nba players around him. I dont want to see the team
"grow." Or atleast, grow while we wait and wait kobes years. If i had the choice, Id keep bynum,KObe, and Odom as untouchables. Everyone else can waive goodbye. Especially kwame..(i know cheap shot, but hey...i have no love for him)
JuiceMonkey
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

for the love of god stop posting...u are the biggest joke here its not funny, im not sure if u are so bored that u try to piss off other people on this board but it has been and always will be ridiculous. even in threads about lamar, its all about him to u, u are overly obsessed with him. just quit it please, for all of us.
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Whatever anyone says, I think we're stuck with this, and any major trades we make with any of our existing players will be worse for our team. We don't have anyone outside of Kobe that would be more valuable to another team than the Lakers, so no one will give us anybody of any worth. THis is it, unless we get someone out of free agency.

Take Odom, for example, he's so valuable to us that we would ask someone like KG in return, but that's not going to happen. Sure, another team will trade their borderline star for Odom, but most probably we'll get screwed in the deal worse than the Shaq trade.

There's no trades we can do that will get us to championship level, it's going to be free agency or this. If we trade and it makes us better, but only good enough to make it to the Western COnference FInals, I would still consider it a failure.

I say to the team and coaches: find a way for this core group of people to win a championship. We have a lot of potential and talent, but it's being wasted right now. Odom and Kwame if they stop being mentally stunted have the potential to be unstoppable, and that's all there is to it. It's all mental with those two, there's nothing physical hampering them. SO hir psychologists, ass coaches, anything, and turn these guys into players who perform to their potential. Our problem is mental, we're not going to fix it with trades. SO Phil, do whatever it is that $10 mill is supposed to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see them add some more key players like a pure scorer or a post player. Otherwise keep this team together and see if they get better.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

It is amazing to watch you skewer ever line of logic towards your hate for a single player !
This is the biggiest crock of (bleep) you've put out yet!

Incidentally the Lakers have won with Kobe scoring less than 40 btw and, contrary to popular belief Kobe enjoys scoring in the 40's. Trust me he is feeling no pain.

LO is not only the leading rebounder on this team, he is one of the best in the league so, no the team will not rebound better without him.
Rashard is playing with one of the leagues premier 2 guards now. Ray Allen isn't getting any relief as you put it from his prescensce so, why would he be so regal in the purple, and gold. 1 dimension vs 3 because you don't like Odom? Doubt that happens bro...

As usual you completely misunderstood what took place between coach and player. Jackson didn't take any load off of Odom he expanded his assignment.

bounty do everybody a favor. Learn the game! Watch what takes place carefully. Try and, comprehend. If you don't understand you better ask somebody! This is the worse argument in the world if it is a campagn for Lewis.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

Shoes, I notice that you are a serious Odom fn, but sometimes you just tend to overrate him and that's just not good. I like the guy and I want him to succed as a Laker, but com'on dude, the guy is not even close to what you think of him, for real
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

At this point, I wouldn't break up the Odom-Bryant Lakers unless it had a JO or KG type player coming back in.

Having a double-double guy who facilitates the offense too is a very rare commodity.

You only deal that for an impact bigman or superstar IMO. And ofcourse there are more than 2 big's I rather have (Brand, Gasol etc) but I do have a feeling that KG and JO will be on the market this summer (not saying they get traded for sure, but they will be on the block IMO)

I wouldn't trade Odom for a SF unless it was a SS (James, T-Mac). Not that will happen, but that's what I would deal him for there. The thing with Odom that makes him different from most SF's is that he will move all over place and fill in holes at different positions on offense/defense (like PF or PG for instance). Guys like Shard don't bring that sort of thing. If you get a Shard for Odom - you better hope that the team is set at PF and PG. Then a move like that makes sense.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: