Sasha Vujacic--Hate him or Love him?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about Sasha?
Love him!
31%
 31%  [ 32 ]
Hate that piece of trash!
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
Mixed...
49%
 49%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 102

lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Sasha Vujacic--Hate him or Love him?

A lot of people tell me that Sasha is "trash" and can be found in a dumpster. A lot of others tell me that he plays hard and contributes a lot to the team.

What do you all feel about Sasha?

Love?
Hate?
Mixed?

Not to add any bias, but I LOVE SASHA!

Go Lakers!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

So you like Sasha and hate Puke?
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I say mix because it's not his fault he plays. This is his 2nd year in the NBA, and I think the only team that would have drafted this guy was us. At times I can see why we drafted because of his hustle and heart. Then other time I wonder why we drafted him because of bad decisions and inconsistant shooting. Only time will tell if he's going to be a real player or just a journey man.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:

he doesnt belong in the NBA.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

Sasha has an upside and potential...Luke has been getting worse every year. He's the next Kwame :roll:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

I just [BLEEPING] hate Puke!
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I like him. I wish he would hit the gym this summer and learn how to finish around the basket. He seemingly can get into the paint but can't finish. Sasha has actually hit some big shots for us. I think he can improve as a player. Like him.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

its a thin line between love and hate,esp. with sasha
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't HATE him but I'd prefer he not play.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

wow, alot of sasha love, wonder if this is because of his recent play. Well i voted yes because ive neve given the guy any trash, jus waiting it out with him
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

He is the new Rick Fox.
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

Not even a factor to comment on
More_Than_A_Fan
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

threetimechamps wrote:

Haven't watched many games this year? He's been a HUGE factor in winning 5 close games this year. Basically the difference between being a playoff contender or a lotto team.

His 3pt shooting at 33% is only 2% points below Kobe's. His 48 minute averages are 10 ppg/5.5 rpg/5 apg ... not bad for a 2nd player who barely gets enough minutes at a time to get into a good rhythm. And his assit to turnover ratio of 2.87 is the best on the team. Oh ... and his 48 minute average for steals is 1.7 ... just below the team leaders Smush, Kobe and George. And his frantic defensive style has pissed off players such as Bibby and Iverson ... even throwing them off their games

You can call him just about anything EXCEPT a non-factor.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

More_Than_A_Fan wrote:

His 3pt shooting at 33% is only 2% points below Kobe's. His 48 minute averages are 10 ppg/5.5 rpg/5 apg ... not bad for a 2nd player who barely gets enough minutes at a time to get into a good rhythm. And his assit to turnover ratio of 2.87 is the best on the team. Oh ... and his 48 minute average for steals is 1.7 ... just below the team leaders Smush, Kobe and George. And his frantic defensive style has pissed off players such as Bibby and Iverson ... even throwing them off their games

You can call him just about anything EXCEPT a non-factor.

Please! :roll: Stop bringing up those Per 48 min stats. They're meaningless to a player who will probably never see 48 minutes of playing time unless Kobe and Smush are both injured. Sasha isn't good enough to earn 20 minutes per game, let alone 48. Besides, if you included his fouls in your per 48 min projections, you'd see he'd average 5 fouls with his "frenetic defense".

I've already debunked that misleading assist-TO ratio stat in the last Sasha-Love thread. It's not that hard to keep your TOs down if you're not doing anything with the ball except passing it off and then running to your spot behind the arc.

I won't go so far to say he's been a non-factor because he has contributed in some games, but to say he's going to be good based on his current play or some bogus stat projections is where I draw the line.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:
I don't HATE him but I'd prefer he not play.

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

Can't stand him. Every time I see that whiny face of his after he commits some dumbass foul 35 feet from the basket I want to kick my TV.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

Sasha is decent. Not great. I don't hate his game, but don't love his game either. Advantage here is that he's really young.

Problems I have with his game are ball handling (i.e. dribbles way too high), attacking the basket (he really needs to work on getting stronger and do agility drills to improve his leaping ability; for being 6'7 he should be able to attack the rim), defense (he has decent hand speed and length for stripping the ball, but if he gets a little quicker on his lateral movements, he'll be much more effective on defense).

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Can't stand him. Every time I see that whiny face of his after he commits some dumbass foul 35 feet from the basket I want to kick my TV.

yep, and for some reason the kid will not learn and stop doing it...
doughboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

threetimechamps wrote:

Agree :roll:
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

Sky from over at CL summed it up the best about Sasha...he tries hard...but trying just isn't good enough. He doesnt have the skills it takes to play in the NBA. Especially defensively, too slow for 1's, too weak for 2's. A supposed shooter that can't really shoot during game time and one of the worst finishers in the NBA. That's all I'll say.
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

From Sky at CL...pretty much everything he says is dead on.

Hustle and bothering his man are style points, what's the substance? Vujacic is a total freaking matador with no 4th gear and lateral speed, a guy with a rep as a great shooter firing at 35% from the floor. Dude blows chunks. I'd much rather have his backup at Udine (Nikagbatse)than Sasha.

He doesn't play defense well. He tries hard, he looks like he's playing defense, until his man blows right past him off the dribble, until Sasha gets vacuumed into a screen or goes under it in pick and roll, until his man takes it to another gear that Sasha is physically incapable of matching.

He has great potential as a shooter. Only.

Sasha reaches for the steal in front of him on seemingly every play. When his man is 35 feet from the basket that's not a very good idea, especially when it's so easy for a ref to call.

Sasha can't stay in front of his man. He reaches for the steal, is off balance and can't recover quickly. As his man continues to dribble Sasha stops trying to stay in front of him and pointlessly runs beside him. By the time his man is in the key Sasha is running oin the side of his man who already has him beaten by a step.

Sasha in pick and roll goes underneath rather than over, allowing his man an uncontested look over the top of the screen as Vujacic gets stuck in traffic. Same idiot fundamental mistake Fisher made in pick and roll. Sasha does not have Fisher's excuse of Shaq didn't show. The current laker bigs will show, they have to, because Vujacic won't go over the screen. Set a screen and watch Sasha disappear.

All that Sasha can do defensively is reach for the steal right in front of him, occasionally lucking out, but offset by unforgivably moronic reach fouls more than 30 feet from the basket.

PER and efficiency ratings are nice, but for point guards what they don't reveal is terrible defense leading to easy assists. What Fisher did to Vujacic in the Warrior game is ample proof of that. Opposition scores a lot of points, a ton of it is due to Sasha's human turnstile act, but it doesn't show up on 82games.com because it's not his man doing the scoring.

Sasha plays defense? Technically yes as he's at least attempting to defend his man. The better question is does Sasha play good defense? NO. Sasha Vujacic is a matador, a defensive liability.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

Sasha has an upside and potential...Luke has been getting worse every year. He's the next Kwame :roll:

He can't be the next Kwame unless we go back in time and waste a 1st
round draft pick on him
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Many interesting comments on here...the poll shows that fans love sasha more than hate...but most are mixed

but it seems in the responses...that most people still hate him...

so what i got from this thread i started...more people like him than hate him...but the people who do hate him, feel very strong hate and write more about their hate than the people that like him...
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
From Sky at CL...pretty much everything he says is dead on.

Hustle and bothering his man are style points, what's the substance? Vujacic is a total freaking matador with no 4th gear and lateral speed, a guy with a rep as a great shooter firing at 35% from the floor. Dude blows chunks. I'd much rather have his backup at Udine (Nikagbatse)than Sasha.

He doesn't play defense well. He tries hard, he looks like he's playing defense, until his man blows right past him off the dribble, until Sasha gets vacuumed into a screen or goes under it in pick and roll, until his man takes it to another gear that Sasha is physically incapable of matching.

He has great potential as a shooter. Only.

Sasha reaches for the steal in front of him on seemingly every play. When his man is 35 feet from the basket that's not a very good idea, especially when it's so easy for a ref to call.

Sasha can't stay in front of his man. He reaches for the steal, is off balance and can't recover quickly. As his man continues to dribble Sasha stops trying to stay in front of him and pointlessly runs beside him. By the time his man is in the key Sasha is running oin the side of his man who already has him beaten by a step.

Sasha in pick and roll goes underneath rather than over, allowing his man an uncontested look over the top of the screen as Vujacic gets stuck in traffic. Same idiot fundamental mistake Fisher made in pick and roll. Sasha does not have Fisher's excuse of Shaq didn't show. The current laker bigs will show, they have to, because Vujacic won't go over the screen. Set a screen and watch Sasha disappear.

All that Sasha can do defensively is reach for the steal right in front of him, occasionally lucking out, but offset by unforgivably moronic reach fouls more than 30 feet from the basket.

PER and efficiency ratings are nice, but for point guards what they don't reveal is terrible defense leading to easy assists. What Fisher did to Vujacic in the Warrior game is ample proof of that. Opposition scores a lot of points, a ton of it is due to Sasha's human turnstile act, but it doesn't show up on 82games.com because it's not his man doing the scoring.

Sasha plays defense? Technically yes as he's at least attempting to defend his man. The better question is does Sasha play good defense? NO. Sasha Vujacic is a matador, a defensive liability.

This is a great read and is right on.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Third member of the Sahsa V club
How could you not like somebody that looks up to Kobe, and plays hard. Those are the two most important qualities in putting a ROLE player next to Kobe. All the other things will fall into place by just being Kobe's teammate. Kobe can make anyone a solid starter, or atleast a decent player. Look at Smush, he is putting up 12/3/3 for 750K. I hate Smush, but how can you argue that the gey is not a great bargain.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: