bynum has officially been born
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: bynum has officially been born

He is dominating the spurs inside
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Dominating?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Dominating?

sort of. hes 18 for Gods sakes. yes dominating.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Dominating?

sort of. hes 18 for Gods sakes. yes dominating.

Well, I don't that was dominating at all.

Productive, but not dominating.
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Took his eyes off that ball though...could've jammed it down hard. Beside that he was great out there.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: bynum has officially been born

bounty wrote:
He is dominating the spurs inside

What game are you watching??
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

joke post. bounty dislikes bynum.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:

its hard to tel lanything yet of andrew...we'll see tho if he can bulk up during the offseason...look like a monster amare or ben wallace..haha

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
joke post. bounty dislikes bynum.

nope. Sorry, Go back and read my posts. I always said
"trade the other guy". Bynum is the man. Go bother someone else
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject:

Bynum mostly looked a bit lost out there tonight.

That said, he still was 1-2 FGs and 1 board in 3 mins.

Way too few minutes to realistically call him out or praise him either way.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject:

He needs to take it stronger to the basket. He keeps getting his shots blocked. That can't help his confidence. He needs to try to throw it down, Shaq style. That would increase the likelihood of a foul.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

Bynum is a back to the basket player. But the last few games - All his shots seem to come from pick and rolls or offensive boards.

That's not who he is, but I guess he is trying to fit in.

What Bynum needs is for the Lakers to get him the ball in the a post up situation. Then let him create his own shot. That's what his game is IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

He's also feeling the pressure on his free throws. Gotta relax on that a little bit.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

I would have to say this wasnt one of Bynums better games. He needs to stop showing the ball so much,oh well we got time
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

Andrew is still a fetus. He doesn't even know how to use his body yet. He's been blocked quite a few times this year. Needs to hit the gym but more so needs to learn how to play with contact and bang in the block. He's just relying on his length right now but that doesn't cut it.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
I would have to say this wasnt one of Bynums better games. He needs to stop showing the ball so much,oh well we got time

IMO, showing the ball is just an excuse(and you probably wouldn't have said that if Stu didn't.) He needs to get stronger period. By doing that, he'll be able to carve out space when he gets the ball in that situation, like Shaq used to do in that situation, and dunks it.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

IMO, showing the ball is just an excuse(and you probably wouldn't have said that if Stu didn't.) He needs to get stronger period. By doing that, he'll be able to carve out space when he gets the ball in that situation, like Shaq used to do in that situation, and dunks it.

The reason he said it is because it is true. Going up with the ball totally exposed like he did will usually get your shot blocked. But you're right, he does have to get stronger (for the reason you specified).

^^ Farmar

Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

The reason he said it is because it is true. Going up with the ball totally exposed like he did will usually get your shot blocked. But you're right, he does have to get stronger (for the reason you specified).

Yeah I hate when he does that. Honestly, I've been bummed at Andrew when he's gotten minutes recently. I don't see him fighting for rebounding position at all and he was at least trying to early in the year. I think he has regressed when it comes to going after the boards. The ones he has been getting are soley because they bounce his direction and he just uses his length to grab them. He may be weak physically but he still weighs around 275 so he should be throwing his weight around inside.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

Keep in mind, Bynum just came off a long string of DNP-CDs
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

Ive been playing and watching B Ball for a long time, its a very common term and such a basic thing that Im suprised anyone would question where I learned that. Ill explain it to you if you would like, let me know
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
eniq 0x00 wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

Yeah I hate when he does that. Honestly, I've been bummed at Andrew when he's gotten minutes recently. I don't see him fighting for rebounding position at all and he was at least trying to early in the year. I think he has regressed when it comes to going after the boards. The ones he has been getting are soley because they bounce his direction and he just uses his length to grab them. He may be weak physically but he still weighs around 275 so he should be throwing his weight around inside.

It's not just showing the ball. It's the lack of explosion, strength, quickness. He has to learn how to protect the ball and use his body. He seems like he has a feel for the game but he's gonna have to work extremely hard in the off seasons to get better. Minimum of 2-3 maybe even four years before he matures into that body.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one that didn't know Bynum played against the Spurs last night????????? I never saw him out there.
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
Am I the only one that didn't know Bynum played against the Spurs last night????????? I never saw him out there.

Yeah man!!
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

LA_ UNION wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

Yeah man!!

So does that mean u didn't see him out there either????
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

He must have played in the first quarter when i wasn't really paying much attention. I just checked NBA.com and he played 3 minutes indeed so, I wasn't paying attention i guess.....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: