Anyone else cracking up when....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Anyone else cracking up when....

....Manu "Floppy McTravel" Ginbili and Tim "Cream Puff" Duncan flopped and didn't get the call?

I was laughing and cheering so loud I woke the old lady next door up!

Hooray Mitch!!!!
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else cracking up when....

kobenbynum wrote:
....Manu "Floppy McTravel" Ginbili and Tim "Cream Puff" Duncan flopped and didn't get the call?

lol yea i enjoyed the non call. and pop was biyatching as if he doesnt know about the flopping
lakersboxershorts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else cracking up when....

kobenbynum wrote:

No, i'm laughing at your silly signature quote saying Mitch is the best GM in the league.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

Get with the program jack, Mitch rules!

Hooray Mitch!!!!
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

Who is Mitch Kupchek?!?!?

Jake Speed, 1986
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

Oops!

Hooray Mitch!!!!
TIMMM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

or when the commentators kept calling kwame 'bynum' for like 1 and a half quarters and finally realized that kwame is not bynum
TIMMM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

hahah lamar was stunned he didnt get a charging call
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

TIMMM wrote:
or when the commentators kept calling kwame 'bynum' for like 1 and a half quarters and finally realized that kwame is not bynum

Seriously.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was so shocked that a whistle wasn't blown when Ginobili flopped that he turned the ball over.
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Stern must have been preoccupied and wasn't available for the his usual conference call with the zebras before the Spurs played. Straight up and unbiased officiating can make a superstar look more human and a great team to suddely mediocre, kinda like the last Olympic team.
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Ginobli will be out of the league in two years. Mark my words. This guy is an overrated basketball player. Thanks to Charles and his Ginnnnnnoooooobli proclamations a couple of years ago (when we still beat them on the Fisher .04) he get's this hype. Dude's body is breaking down BIG TIME. He never was a great player, but he was a player that played decent at a "frenetic blitzkrieg" pace. That has already taken it's toll. His footspeed (what foot speed?) is horrible and his COD ability is terrible. Very bad hips on him too. He has a ton of miles (from his Europe days?) on him. As for his "performance" last night...he should have gotten an Oscar. The 3 point phantom foul on Odom was a joke to say the least. I'm telling you, the Spurs are going to look to trade this guy THIS Summer or by the AS break next year hoping his hype isn't completely dwindled--and some fool GM will trade for him. Watch. (Better not be Mitch)
yungdame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
Ginobli will be out of the league in two years. Mark my words. This guy is an overrated basketball player. Thanks to Charles and his Ginnnnnnoooooobli proclamations a couple of years ago (when we still beat them on the Fisher .04) he get's this hype. Dude's body is breaking down BIG TIME. He never was a great player, but he was a player that played decent at a "frenetic blitzkrieg" pace. That has already taken it's toll. His footspeed (what foot speed?) is horrible and his COD ability is terrible. Very bad hips on him too. He has a ton of miles (from his Europe days?) on him. As for his "performance" last night...he should have gotten an Oscar. The 3 point phantom foul on Odom was a joke to say the least. I'm telling you, the Spurs are going to look to trade this guy THIS Summer or by the AS break next year hoping his hype isn't completely dwindled--and some fool GM will trade for him. Watch. (Better not be Mitch)

Have u watched ginobli play at all B4 last night???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:

No offense, but this type of homeristic idiocy makes all Laker fans look bad. Ginobili is a very good player and his body is not breaking down. Good grief, he's not even old and any team would love to add him to their roster.
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:

I know we just beat them but come on.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

That play at the 3rd when Ginobili flopped and Lamar drove to the basket, and then Pop started byatching and got a T, made 'em think we are for real
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

yungdame, kemi, Jam...

Yes, I have watched him. I'm not a homer. Been here longer than most of you. Probably older than most of you. I'm talking about the guys feet, change of direction and hips. He is breaking down. I think I would know about these things....well put it this way, I have to evaluate talent all the time. Anyway, that is my opinion and Jam, you should know better than implying I'm idiotic. In any case, keep track of my post and you'll see. Two years from now the guy will be lucky to be in the league. If he is, he will be purely a perimeter "throw out of the post" spot up shooter.
phanb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

He'll still be one hell of a spot up shooter... saying Gino's game is on the decline is pretty far fetched... last I checked he's also a very smart player, good defender & very clutch... some would say a small man's Robert Horry with all his injuries LOL
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about everyone else..but i'm getting sick of floppers..I hate it when fisher tried to do that constantly..and gave up free baskets to the opposition (i.e. Bibby). I wish people would just play straight up D more..and not try to have the refs bail them out...
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Don't overestimate his defense. The advantage SA has over many opponents is their team defense. Manu is constantly being supported here. Check last nights game again from TIVO. He was regularly dribbled around, crossed over, etc. In particular when he was against Kobe...to simply say "Kobe does this to everyone" is to dismiss and overlook the fact, Smush did it to him and so did LO. Because SA was fatigued their typical team D was non-existent for long stretches. In any case, Manu suffers because it is directly related to his lack of overall footspeed and inability to utilize change of direction. Also, to your point, Manu is getting many injuries now because he is banging knees and running into people more than he used to which directly implicates his inability to either consistently "get loose" on O or to be able to slide his feet and get "in front" of players on defense so he is forced to throw a leg out or knee, thigh, etc. He is aging in front of our eyes. Not homerism, just fact. He is the typical guy that took decent talent to another level with great intensity and effort (Bob Knight type players he's had over the years) as a result he has taken a beating to be able to "keep up" with far superior talented players. He is breaking down fast. Not hating on him...he was never as good as the media made hiim out to be and he isn't as bad as some people say he is. But he will be challenged to be in the L in two years. If he is, it will be a gift and will be because his contract hasn't expired, but he will be a liability on defense as he was last night. If he isn't supported by superior team D, he is a trash defender.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
Don't overestimate his defense. The advantage SA has over many opponents is their team defense. Manu is constantly being supported here. Check last nights game again from TIVO. He was regularly dribbled around, crossed over, etc. In particular when he was against Kobe...to simply say "Kobe does this to everyone" is to dismiss and overlook the fact, Smush did it to him and so did LO. Because SA was fatigued their typical team D was non-existent for long stretches. In any case, Manu suffers because it is directly related to his lack of overall footspeed and inability to utilize change of direction. Also, to your point, Manu is getting many injuries now because he is banging knees and running into people more than he used to which directly implicates his inability to either consistently "get loose" on O or to be able to slide his feet and get "in front" of players on defense so he is forced to throw a leg out or knee, thigh, etc. He is aging in front of our eyes. Not homerism, just fact. He is the typical guy that took decent talent to another level with great intensity and effort (Bob Knight type players he's had over the years) as a result he has taken a beating to be able to "keep up" with far superior talented players. He is breaking down fast. Not hating on him...he was never as good as the media made hiim out to be and he isn't as bad as some people say he is. But he will be challenged to be in the L in two years. If he is, it will be a gift and will be because his contract hasn't expired, but he will be a liability on defense as he was last night. If he isn't supported by superior team D, he is a trash defender.

I think you're hyping the back-to-back a little too much. The Spurs had
played the night before, yes - but they'd rested their starters virtually all
of the 4th quarter because they blew them out so bad.

I thought more of the Spurs' rough defensive patches were due to playing
uninspired ball more than tired ball.

They just didn't have any fire and they seemed to let their poor shooting
early snowball and get that feeling of "ok, we've tried but it's just gonna
be one of those games tonight."

Outside of that brief spurt after that BS flagrant on Kobe in the lane,
where they finally started getting some momentum back, they didn't
play with much fire all game IMO.
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Soda:

Referring more to the fact they landed at 3:30AM not PT the night before. Depending how long it took some to get home and to bed, likely they didn't get to sleep until 4:30, possibly later. Yes, LA played a good game last night regardless
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

lol, ginobili's flop was better. odom drove past and went in for an easy lay :p thats what u get manu.

oh yeh, in the future please avoid ambiguous thread names please.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
I don't know about everyone else..but i'm getting sick of floppers..I hate it when fisher tried to do that constantly..and gave up free baskets to the opposition (i.e. Bibby). I wish people would just play straight up D more..and not try to have the refs bail them out...

Yeah I'm getting really sick of all the flopping as well. It seems to me the Spurs are the worst offenders in that area since Vlade retired and Peja got traded.

I never like to see a player get injured even if he's on a team I hate but I really wish that Manu would try one of his flops and wind up with a career ending injury. Only because it would make the other floppers think twice about pulling that garbage.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
Kobe was so shocked that a whistle wasn't blown when Ginobili flopped that he turned the ball over.

I saw that and was surprised too. I thought a foul would call on Kobe too. Great the refs didn't buy into Manu's flop. Too bad Kobe was so shocked that he turned the ball over.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: