Who do you think we could get for Mihm?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

i don't want to give up mihm.

^Me too. I think this team is just starting to play up to its potential & maybe we should first observe how this young team will play out the last few weeks of the season. I've been down on Mihm the past few weeks, I seem to forget that he did give us a good stretch, steadily improving on his game before he got injured. Having Mihm, Brown & possibly Bynum could give a lot of teams problems in the playoffs, where defense will be at a premium & that's when we'll realize that we can never have enough bigs.

I do realize that Mihm is one of our few tradeable pieces that could help us balance out the roster & we do need a low post threat since Kwame's offensive game isn't coming along as well as his D. With that said, a Mihm/fillers for Boozer trade or possibly Nene (S&T), after the team's needs have been evaluated, sounds like a move worth considering not only for the Lakers, but the other teams as well since Mihm IS a decent starting-caliber center.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton

Last edited by kups on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I say we make a play for Nazr Mohammed this offseason.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
I say we make a play for Nazr Mohammed this offseason.
The guy is barely plays more than Rasho. He can't be that good.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

i am not for boozer's toxic k at all. if you give me those two options, i keep mihm.

i think some of us need to review the game plan is and get on the same page because i think that either some 1) forget the arc that the rebuilding process takes or 2) never knew it in the first place.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Mihm in a package for Boozer is still realistic. Boozer hasn't been bad, but he's hardly showing that he's worth his contract. 9 & 7 on the year, plus big contract, slowed a ridiculously long amount of time over injuries that weren't that serious, and questions of character, don't typically make teams jump at paying you 60+ million per year. The Lakers would do it, though. Boozer is attainable and assuming we don't nab one of the 5 all-star/superstar players who will be available, Mihm should be used to acquire him.

As for those advocating trading Mihm, whose an athletic 7 footer putting up 10/7 at 3 mill per season (cheap) for Ben Gordon who only scores but is awful at everything else, is not smart. It isn't fallacious to say you shouldn't trade big for small. It's absolutely a true rule of thumb. The only time you veer from it, is if you're acquiring a star or a player who gives you too much versatility to ignore (or if you have a lot of good bigs already). Otherwise, it's like saying that Ben Gordon's 6 pts per game (what he averages on the year over Chris Mihm), is worth the additional rebounding, post presence and shot blocking we'd lose in the trade. Sorry, but I'm not buying that at all. Mihm is our only consistent low post scorer. You don't trade him away for yet another perimeter one.

Depending upon what happens in the playoffs this season there are going to be a lot of brokenhearted bored individuals on this forum.

Great post Jam!

When Ben Gordon becomes a defender lets talk. Like Jam says that 6pts ain't doin (bleep) for his stock and, Mihm is evolving in the tri just like the rest of of this unit, and BG would be starting from scratch with less to offer. Now how silly is that?

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
i am not for boozer's toxic k at all. if you give me those two options, i keep mihm.

i think some of us need to review the game plan is and get on the same page because i think that either some 1) forget the arc that the rebuilding process takes or 2) never knew it in the first place.

Dude, will you please come back in here, and post pad with me more often with your good sense self?!!!

This forum needs more people who can think in the clutch!

Boozer is full of (bleep), and I don't trust his ass at all. Those antics he pulled to get out of Cleveland, and a year to get over a hamstring injury is a clear indication that Boozer is a clown. Why Laker fans would want to be bothered with that is a growing enigma...

Mitch may be judged to be an idiot by a lot of people in here, but man some of these folks just don't know. They need to be glad Mitch is in charged... Good lord...
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
Mihm is not a PF

Kwame has more potential then Mihm, but Mihm is better right now bc he has a better post game and is jus as good of a defender imo

Mihm has not dreamed of being as good a defender as Kwame.

He is a better off-the-ball swatter but thats all he really does better than Kwame at the defensive end.

Mihm gets pushed around by guys his size and bigger.

Obviosly he is a much better on the offensive end. IF he was equal to Kwame on the defensive end Kwame would hardly get any minutes.

He would get Bynum Minutes.

Mihm is a foul machine. He has held it in check some,due to more limited minutes to some degree.

Mihm goes for headfakes regularly.Kwame makes you take a tough shot over him.Lowering your percantage and giving the Lakers the defensive rebound.As opposed to a Mihm blocked shot that goes out of bounds.

Mihm gets pushed around in the post.Kwame does not.

Both have played the pick and roll and the pick and pop equally bad the majority of the season.

Kwame has shown improvement the last week or so.

Mihm has not.

Not even close. Kwame>>>>Mihm on the defensive end.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

Dude, will you please come back in here, and post pad with me more often with your good sense self?!!!

This forum needs more people who can think in the clutch!

Boozer is full of (bleep), and I don't trust his ass at all. Those antics he pulled to get out of Cleveland, and a year to get over a hamstring injury is a clear indication that Boozer is a clown. Why Laker fans would want to be bothered with that is a growing enigma...

Mitch may be judged to be an idiot by a lot of people in here, but man some of these folks just don't know. They need to be glad Mitch is in charged... Good lord...

been a long time, shoes. been working my ass of recently and havent had the time to post. no doubt i still lurk and am glad you are still holding the fort down.

just wanted to get my share of the postpadding in on a dreary saturday afternoon.

Trevacious
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Who do you think we could get for Mihm?

No one I'd want. I'm perfectly happy with our still-developing big man corp of Mihm, Kwame, Bynum, Cook AND Turiaf. You can't have any of them. I'm sick of door-to-door Boozer solicitors.

I *SLAM* the door in your face.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

to be honest, i like mihm more than tyson chandler for this team. i just feel we need more post scoring that just a guy who rebounds and defends(kwame is kind of filling that role now)
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

You guys forget that Mihm's shoulder is still bothering him, hence his limited minutes recently. He played very solidly for us when Kwame was struggling big time and Odom was giving us little in the paint. When Mihm gets healthy again, let's see how he does with a more effective Odom and Kwame.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mihm would be better off traded in a package to get more of an impact player like boozer or with odom with rashard lewis.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention: the guy only makes 4 mil a year.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

well here is an idea not sure if it would work. but take mihm,and a resigned george to new orleans for there 2 #1 picks. maybe we send them our charlotte 2nd rounders. only problem is would new orleans move there picks. if not both then jr smith and the pick rondo would be available

with those picks and ours draft

pg rondo. i love this kid i think he is exactly what we need could stay with anyone at the point and give them problems i think he ius a sure thing

pf millsap

pf taj gray

this keeps the cap room plan intact keeps us young. gets us the pg of the future and still gives us 2 guys that could be really good 4's.

a couple of good free agent moves and this team is on the way
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Keep Mihm unless he can bring in a BETTER PF/C with size. For his salary, Mihm is a steal. Don't underestimate his heart, his desire to play here with Kobe, and his ever-increasing understanding of the triangle. Have you noticed lately how few fouls he's been picking up? The dude's seemingly turned a corner since the new year.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Mihm is sufficient at center and still getting better
unless an offer is put up for him that we cant refuse we shouldnt actively try to get rid of him
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I dont want to see any moves that involves mihm unless we are getting a superstar anything else just takes us back to square one.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Mihm is still improving. He's an off the shelf starting center. Mihm's value is increasing.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
I think that as time passes, Mihm will be expendable.

Next year we'll have a confortable bigman situation with Kwame/Bynum at C and Cook/Turiaf at PF.

Mihm is a nice keep until Bynum develops, but if by next season Bynum is ready, Id trade Mihm for a PG a deal Id like would be for Eddie House or Leandro Barbosa, of the Suns.
lol maybe for Barbosa but no way for house.

Exactly, House is a product of the Suns' system, while Barbosa is
(at least moreso) a part of WHY the Suns are considered to have such
a good system.

Barbosa > House and by a good margin.

That said, the "big for small" thing IS legitimate.

That's not to say you keep Shawn Bradley when offered Chris Paul.

But it SHOULD be a factor in your decision making.

Chris Mihm is top-15 in virtually every important category amongst NBA
starting centers.

I know, I know - centers are watered-down right about now in the league.

But that still says alot.l

He does get into foul-trouble too often, but Bynum's not exactly on the
brink of playing starting-minutes right now.

I'd FAR, FAR rather move Kwame than Mihm - although either one of them
it'd have to be for the right deal obviously.

Outside of a deal that clearly favors us, I'd rather not move Mihm unless
we get some size in return.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject:

well, if mihm's to be moved, hes certainly raised his value. hes proven he can be a good center and defensive presence. Im sure more than one team would loook at him. Question is, what do we expect in return?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject:

Mihm and Kwame are a flawed fix for now. Mihm gives us cheap, servicable minutes until Bynum is ready. The way Phil gives Bynum minutes now, it looks like next year will hardly be much better. So Mihm is your center for offence, for at least the next year.

Kwame on the other hand plays defense, but probably couldn't beat me in a game of HORSE. Kwame is probably a better center than PF, and his value is more in his higher contract, being part of a tradeable piece for a big player.

If we trade either one of these guys, it had better be for a starting caliber power forward or point guard. Otherwise, hold on to them, keep learning the system and await further developments.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject:

The best positive on Mihm is that he is reading the Triangle much better and is becoming a passer. That is just excellent to see. At the same time his low post offense has become suprisingly consistent.

The negative on Mihm is that he is not a very good anchor and when he is he ussually picks up too many fouls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

Sure Kwame plays better D than Mihm. who is better than Kwame offensively. Why trade Mihm? Perfect combo with Mihm and Brown. When and if Bynum is ready then you might look at trading Mihm, but until then no thank you. And to all those who say Bynum will be ready next season, are you sure?
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

He's a decent C (just cuz the center class is the worst). But if he works on his IQ to defend w/o getting so many fouls called he could be a 14/8/2 C
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

I might give up Mihm in a package with LO for KG
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: