Is Lamar Odom finally getting it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Is Lamar Odom finally getting it?

Last 2 game have been good for him.

He's better at every aspect of his game right now his shots are better his assist ratio is higher.

Every player seems to be playing there best ball at the most important part of the season which is great.

Let's hope our pal Odom keeps this up he will make a new fan soon!
TheGoldenChild
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

TheGoldenChild wrote:

KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Lamar will be an all-star soon but just look at him now! When we need Kobe's rest, he gives us points. When KB is open, he makes a wonderful pass, when the ball is too high to get for Kobe, Lamar is there.

Ranks #11 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.3) Ranks #10 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game(39.8)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Minutes Played(2426.0) Ranks #19 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per Game(2.4)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(422.0) Ranks #13 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(6.9)
Ranks #11 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(566.0) Ranks #17 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(161.0)
Ranks #19 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(1247.0) Ranks #19 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(2.64)
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Last two games?

No wonder you're always cutting him up...
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Deavon George!!! I think he got it!!!!
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Last two games?

No wonder you're always cutting him up...

Ohhh, so he's been playing good all season long oh my bad perfessor Shoes
coop-a-loop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I hope so. If he plays like this, we can beat any team in the league
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

The best thing about LO, is he's becoming more consistently good, instead of having a good game 1 out of every 5 games. Now its more 4 out of 5 games they're good.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I love it when LO plays like he did last night. If he can be consistent (again) then we will win more and more and more.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

ya noticed the past week while lamar has been reaally playing well...wow we beat spurs and hornets at home and the pistons...hmmm sounds like a good recipe for victories

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
Deavon George!!! I think he got it!!!!

I know, i know...the problem has always been as soon as he gets it, he goes down and we have to watch him try and 'get' it all over again...

Damn...
Hope i didnt jinx him, he has been solid of late...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

As i said the role players
Smush
Kwame
Lo
Luke
have all stepped up. Smush had 5 steals in a must win against NOK. them kobe #'s
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

LO has averaged 14ppg, 9rpg and 5apg all season. He always had it.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Dead Horse requests that you PLEASE stop beating him...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Lamar will be an all-star soon but just look at him now! When we need Kobe's rest, he gives us points. When KB is open, he makes a wonderful pass, when the ball is too high to get for Kobe, Lamar is there.

Ranks #11 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.3) Ranks #10 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game(39.8)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Minutes Played(2426.0) Ranks #19 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per Game(2.4)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(422.0) Ranks #13 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(6.9)
Ranks #11 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(566.0) Ranks #17 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(161.0)
Ranks #19 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(1247.0) Ranks #19 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(2.64)

WOW

That is the most DRASTIC reach to try and plug a player's stats I've EVER
EVER EVER seen

You're trying to make it look like the guy is top-20 in like 15 different
categories, but all you're really doing is picking apart different ways of
saying that he's good at rebounds and avoiding turnovers.

Don't get me wrong, that says alot - but its TWO categories.

Minutes played? Rebounds? THEN quoting defensive, offensive, and total
rebounds?

Sheeeeeeeeesh.

Props to his play lately, don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced this
is some permanent change until he keeps this up for at least the bulk of
our remaining games.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

WOW

That is the most DRASTIC reach to try and plug a player's stats I've EVER
EVER EVER seen

You're trying to make it look like the guy is top-20 in like 15 different
categories, but all you're really doing is picking apart different ways of
saying that he's good at rebounds and avoiding turnovers.

Don't get me wrong, that says alot - but its TWO categories.

Minutes played? Rebounds? THEN quoting defensive, offensive, and total
rebounds?

Sheeeeeeeeesh.

Props to his play lately, don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced this
is some permanent change until he keeps this up for at least the bulk of
our remaining games.

yea, it's really sad how obvious it was.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Smush
Kwame
Lo
Luke
have all stepped up. Smush had 5 steals in a must win against NOK. them kobe #'s

And, as I've told you as the team becomes more efficient your days of absolute condemnation of LO are going to be winding down finally to nothng more than irrelevant drool.

LO's position, and relative effectiveness is predicated on those players mentioned, and others on the team doing well. You can't up assist numbers if there is nobody on the other end of a pass with any kind of accuracy. At the same time if few people are adept at the system you can forget about any flow you don't engineer yourself to create any kind of production! Why do you think Kobe went off, and left the whole lot of em most of the season? kobe, bless his sometimes patient heart can't stand waiting for the rest to catch up in his desire to win. The team still isn't on Kobe's page yet but, at least they may be now grasping enough to at least help out a little... Odom will excel with the growth of this team as he has basically been left to babysit on most nights leaving Kobe to try, and secure victories. Those days may finally be coming to a close!

This is why I've been screaming at you people to knock it off! I seen this coming along time ago!!
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

This is why I've been screaming at you people to knock it off! I seen this coming along time ago!!

Shoes - It's like trying to describe marriage to a single guy. Some people will just have to learn it the hard way.

Phil saw it years ago in Lamar.
Kobe sees it now.
Lamar's teammates can see it.
Heck, even Mitch saw it enough that he didn't move him at the deadline, not even for Artest.

The rest of you will see it too. Lamar still has improvement to make, but he's coming along. He's learning.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject:

I think Odom got it a while back. It's just that Phil didn't let him go with it.
coop-a-loop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject:

He will learn.

I like how PJ is giving him the license to shoot: "I dont care if you miss." I also like how Bshaw is telling Lamar to take at least 14 shotsa game. An offensively aggrssive lamar puts so much pressure ont he defense...it also opens ALOT of passing lanes for other teammates

I remember that it took Pippen quite some time to learn his rolein the BUlls triangle offense. Lamar is improving and hope he could finally "get it" the way PIppen did in Pippen's second year under the tri...I hope we can start seeing some consistency from Lamar. He has all the tools to be great...that is why he is such a frustrating player for many laker fans. all the frustration will dissppear if he continues to play like this everynight.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject:

Lamar is in playoff mode.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
Smush
Kwame
Lo
Luke

And, as I've told you as the team becomes more efficient your days of absolute condemnation of LO are going to be winding down finally to nothng more than irrelevant drool.

LO's position, and relative effectiveness is predicated on those players mentioned, and others on the team doing well. You can't up assist numbers if there is nobody on the other end of a pass with any kind of accuracy. At the same time if few people are adept at the system you can forget about any flow you don't engineer yourself to create any kind of production! Why do you think Kobe went off, and left the whole lot of em most of the season? kobe, bless his sometimes patient heart can't stand waiting for the rest to catch up in his desire to win. The team still isn't on Kobe's page yet but, at least they may be now grasping enough to at least help out a little... Odom will excel with the growth of this team as he has basically been left to babysit on most nights leaving Kobe to try, and secure victories. Those days may finally be coming to a close!

I appreciate the soapbox moment but we never questioned what LO COULD do...it's his ability to do it on a CONSISTENT basis that is in question.

Disappearing acts and lapses of mental acuity, that's our beef. Kobe gives 100% EVERY NIGHT...so should his #2.

And on a team like this, Kobe needs all of the help he can get, ALL of the time!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: