In Light Of the New Jordan commercial, what would Kobe's signature moves/career moments be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

The left hand three-pointer from the left corner to beat the clock, in Mark Cuban's face
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
The left hand three-pointer from the left corner to beat the clock, in Mark Cuban's face

That would be a great concept for a commercial. Instead of having all these ridiculous shots, show the other teams fans, coaches, players reactions to kobes game winner.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Kobe has so many "signature moments" it's ridiculous. The difference is the media doesn't live nine miles up his ass the way they did Mike.

Kobe makes more tough/impossible shots than anyone who ever played this game, including Mike. But the game announcers rarely make a big deal out of them (I have to figure they're pretending not to notice because they don't like the guy), and you certainly don't see them being replayed over and over again ad nauseum the way they used to with Mike.

Here's one. How about the crazy rebound tip-in of the missed free throw at the buzzer vs. Golden State in 1999 to send the game into OT. That was a pretty good one.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

How about that huge jam over Nesterovic in the series against the T-Wolves? The one where he reinjured his shoulder. Sick.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:

That would be a great concept for a commercial. Instead of having all these ridiculous shots, show the other teams fans, coaches, players reactions to kobes game winner.

What a cool commercial: Shots of the opposing bench and coaches' faces (that helpless, "whatya supposed to do?" look) with the sounds of the excited announcer and the crowd screaming. Don't even show Kobe, just hear the announcer screaming, "He did it again!" "Bryant with the circus shot" "Bryant with three defenders all over him!" "He's about to break the record here folks"

Or, there could just be shots of him breaking some of the records he's broken: the 3 point record, the franchise free throw record, the youngest player ever to..."

As for signature moves, I would go with the circus shots that no one else can do. I'd show him twisting at impossible angles and jamming it in there and then have the tag line for Gatorade be "Nothing is impossible if you have it in you." or for Nike, "Where there is a will there is a way. Just do it"

Last edited by targetman on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
yungdame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
bounty wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:

What a cool commercial: Shots of the opposing bench and coaches' faces (that helpless, "whatya supposed to do?" look) with the sounds of the excited announcer and the crowd screaming. Don't even show Kobe, just hear the announcer screaming, "He did it again!" "Bryant with the circus shot" "Bryant with three defenders all over him!" "He's about to break the record here folks"

Or, there could just be shots of him breaking some of the records he's broken: the 3 point record, the franchise free throw record, the youngest player ever to..."

As for signature moves, I would go with the circus shots that no one else can do. I'd show him twisting at impossible angles and jamming it in there and then have the tag line for Gatorade be "Nothing is impossible if you have it in you." or for Kike, "Where there is a will there is a way. Just do it"

That is a much better idea! for kobe i think that would be dope! include the hornets bench from the other night when he threw up that jump shot..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Nim
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

Here's one. How about the crazy rebound tip-in of the missed free throw at the buzzer vs. Golden State in 1999 to send the game into OT. That was a pretty good one.

I remember that one, I was just going to suggest it. That was probably one of the the most amazing and ridiculous shots to force overtime I've ever seen. The Lakers were cooked, yet someone everyone expected some magic to happen and Kobe came through. I have yet to see it again though in any of the videos. Someone needs to post that if they have it.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

Kobe airballing against Utah in 97

Kobe to Shaq in Game 7 WCF in 2000

Kobe hitting those J's in OT against Indy in overtime Game 4 2000 NBA finals

Kobe grabbing rebound and putting it back Game 4 against the Spurs in 2002 WCSF.

ETC ETC ETC
LakerFanOC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: my favorite

My favorite Kobe shot? The one before Fisher's .4 to tie the game up. It was incredible. Then afterwards, he collasped on the bench. You can tell that he was working so hard and he was completely exhausted.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Kobe airballing against Utah in 97

Kobe to Shaq in Game 7 WCF in 2000

Kobe hitting those J's in OT against Indy in overtime Game 4 2000 NBA finals

Kobe grabbing rebound and putting it back Game 4 against the Spurs in 2002 WCSF.

ETC ETC ETC

LOL, I'm sure Kobe doesn't want to have his airballs remembered.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
LOL, I'm sure Kobe doesn't want to have his airballs remembered.

Why not? If he hadn't missed those, the future would have been different most likely. Those are a key parts of his career, they gave him even more motivation to show the world that he can get it down. What doesn't kill you, should make you stronger. Kobe is a living proof for this phrase.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

How about the block on Michael Redd as Redd was ready to slam it?

How about the block on Ray Allen during pre-season at the Pond?

Add a little defense in there, why not?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Um, I don't think anyone can imitate Kobe's dunk vs. Denver on Vincent Yarbrough.

Definitely the 20ft. jumpshots vs. the Pacers with Shaq out in OT Finals 2000.

Left hand dunk on David Robinson and Tim Duncan would be tough to do.

Definitely the rebound over David Robinson after a Derek Fisher missed jumpshot and knock down the 5' J.

And, all those damn baseline reverse 1-handed jams.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

man im feeling a commercial tho...it would start off with clips of audio of telling saying kobe is not ready for the NBA cuz he's only 17...he's not ready...oh he's selfish...stuff like that. and then while the voices are saying that, it shows kobe airballing against the jazz....but then to the other guys idea of just showing the opponent's benches' faces after tough kobe buzzer beaters or players...and the PA in the background saying...INCREDIBLE SHOT BY KOBE BRYANT!!!!! HE'S GOING FOR THE RECORD FOLKS!!!....without even showing kobe in that segment....

man that commercial would be so tite

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I just want to see a commercial of all the missed game winners...

... then all the made ones.

Something like "75% from the field in under 5 seconds. Not bad."

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Left hand dunk on David Robinson and Tim Duncan would be tough to do.

Yes, Kobe's left handed dunk over Duncan in the WCF, and Kobe's dunk where he posted up Bowen baseline, spun, split the Robinson-Duncan double-team and finished with the reverse jam.

The three straight 20 footers against Cleveland earlier this year were nice, too.

The game-clinching block of Arvydas Sabonis in game four of the 2000 WCF to put the Lakers up 3-1.

Game winner against Phoenix in game three of the 2000 WCSF to put the Lakers up 2-1.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:

or when kobe put in the shot against philly in the 2001 finals and he screamed and flexed on his way back downcourt....(no not the flex in the dunk contest) haha

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

yungdame wrote:
targetman wrote:
bounty wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:

As for signature moves, I would go with the circus shots that no one else can do. I'd show him twisting at impossible angles and jamming it in there and then have the tag line for Gatorade be "Nothing is impossible if you have it in you." or for Kike, "Where there is a will there is a way. Just do it"

That is a much better idea! for kobe i think that would be dope! include the hornets bench from the other night when he threw up that jump shot..

Board it and pitch it to NIKE. I can give you places to contact.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

i still feel the most defining moment was when kobe airballed the shots in utah..cuz that's what made him who he is now...it broke him into the game....but also when he ran back on defense in overtime against the pacers in overtime putting his hands down as if to say "Calm da f**k down...i got this...kobe will get you outta this homies"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: