OT: KG Yells at team for having no passion!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: OT: KG Yells at team for having no passion!!

http://www.startribune.com/511/story/301033.html

This is working out just like we want.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject:

I have this feeling that KG is gonna keep truckin' it until he's 30-something and finally signs a minimum contract with some title contender.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject:

Actually, I feel sorry for KG. What a great player. And no success whatsoever. It has been like that with AI as well. And unless the trades come or unless Kobe+Lamar will get their chemistry together and the rest of the team will improve it will be the same in LAL. One superstar team that is fun to watch at times but never a contender.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject:

at this point i dont think anybody would think any less of him if he demands a trade. He's to good for that team.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject:

Pot meet kettle. It's always the "team" isn't it "Big Ticket"
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:

Explain if you will.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

This happens every year.

I no longer feel bad for KG. He should have demanded a trade last season when he saw that the Lakers were after him and that Phil had signed with us. What did he think was going to happen this season in Minny? That the team make a turnaround with that sort of talent and coaching?

There's no gurantees in life, but if you have Phil+Kobe - That's as good as it gets for KG.

He passed and was actually upset at that report that he was being traded (This is unconfirmed but from a very good T-Wolves source on Real GM)

Anyway, let's see what happens. I don't think KG will happen anymore. I think he just wants to retire in Minny. They will probably keep him and trade everyone around him each season until they get back into the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:

Explain if you will.

Really? Look at the guys playoff record. one trip in what 9 years? Two years ago it was Sprewell and Cassell's fault, then it was Wally's fault. Maybe Garnett should look in the mirror more often.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject:

flying monitors do the trick better, KG should learn from the best...yelling won't do him (bleep), ain't good enough.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
doughboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

I hate to say it but you can see this coming, the frustration is starting to hit KG that this is probably the worst team he have been on in his entire career in Minnesota. Glen Taylor the owner do plan to sit down with him after the season, I won't be surprise if this is KG last year there. We know the Lakers name will be mention all summer long that he is coming here, but I don't know if we have enough to offer without throwing in LO or Bynum in the mix and a lot of draft picks. If he don't come here look for a team like Golden State to offer up some of there young talent and draft picks to get him.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

Didn't KG already say that he would retire a Wolf?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

I don't feel sorry for KG at all. Sorry, I don't.

I don't mind players going for their cheddar. I hope they get all they can. But they have to understand that comes with its own price. It's like when Vince re-signed with Toronto for all that money and then got mad because they weren't winning. Same with Baron Davis. If you're gonna commit the best 6-7 years of your career, and winning is important you, maybe you should try to find a team that's known for building winners and bite the bullet with the cash.

Kevin took a paycut so Minny could sign 2 guys well into their 30s. Not smart. But there is a way out. He does have choices. If he wants to maintain his same money, he either has to pull a Shaq (threaten to sit out the season, get surgery) or he has to pull a Vince (actually sit out for long stretches with make-believe injuries). Either way, he won't look like a very nice guy, and he'll have to live with the criticism that comes along with that.

Kevin screamin and yellin at people isn't gonna change anything. He needs to change his own situation.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
I don't feel sorry for KG at all. Sorry, I don't.

I don't mind players going for their cheddar. I hope they get all they can. But they have to understand that comes with its own price. It's like when Vince re-signed with Toronto for all that money and then got mad because they weren't winning. Same with Baron Davis. If you're gonna commit the best 6-7 years of your career, and winning is important you, maybe you should try to find a team that's known for building winners and bite the bullet with the cash.

Kevin took a paycut so Minny could sign 2 guys well into their 30s. Not smart. But there is a way out. He does have choices. If he wants to maintain his same money, he either has to pull a Shaq (threaten to sit out the season, get surgery) or he has to pull a Vince (actually sit out for long stretches with make-believe injuries). Either way, he won't look like a very nice guy, and he'll have to live with the criticism that comes along with that.

Kevin screamin and yellin at people isn't gonna change anything. He needs to change his own situation.

Agreed. I kinda feel bad for him when I see him playing because he is so competitive (probably the second most competitive guy in the NBA right now besides Kobe), but you're right; he put himself in that situation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
Didn't KG already say that he would retire a Wolf?

Didn't Shaq say that he wouldn't play for any other coach besides PJ?? :roll:
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

I always felt bad for KG BEFORE this season. We always say, poor guy he's amazing (former MVP) but he has no help, BUT take a look at this Laker team right now. KB has probaby the worst supporting cast, but his will and skill is leading this team into the playoffs, so I really don't feel that bad for KG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
I always felt bad for KG BEFORE this season. We always say, poor guy he's amazing (former MVP) but he has no help, BUT take a look at this Laker team right now. KB has probaby the worst supporting cast, but his will and skill is leading this team into the playoffs, so I really don't feel that bad for KG.

Preach on brother!

If KG wants to win, come to LA. Otherwise, I don't feel sorry for him at all either.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind trading for KG, but a superstar player will never get his value back. Any other team that gets him won't have instant results. By the time he's part of a Champion he will likely be in the downside of his career. That is why the Lakers should not trade Bynum to get him.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:

True. KG's problem is that he lacks the drive and clutchness to make those baskets at the end of pretty even games. I can't recall who was behind these words, but the fact is that "the KG you've got for the last five minutes is totally different to the KG you've in the first five". Where Kobe takes and makes those shots, Garnett dissapears. He needs someone to make those shots and for now I can name only a few. Kobe, Rob, Vince at times, Chauncey and Carmelo. The scary part is that Denver could make a run at him and offer a nice package for McHale.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Preach on brother!

If KG wants to win, come to LA. Otherwise, I don't feel sorry for him at all either.

At this point i think KG wants to go anywhere were he can win, i don't think he can force himself to stay with that Organization.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

He needs to sign with the Lakers once he gets a chance. KG + Kobe = Deadly.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

KG won't be a free agent until 2008. By that time he will be 32 and nearing the end of his prime. Unless they trade for him this Summer, it may be too late.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers can hold onto their playoff position, and give a good fight in the 1st round, then maybe he'll see that he can be the missing piece here.

I think Chicago can probably make the best offer to get him. They have a lot of young talent and they have New York's pick this year, which will most likely be the #1 overall pick (another brilliant move by Isiah Thomas).

Unless KG demands a trade to L.A., it won't happen. Hopefully he and Kobe do some bonding this summer.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

KG knows and respects Kobe. He may demand a trade to the Lakers.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
I can't recall who was behind these words, but the fact is that "the KG you've got for the last five minutes is totally different to the KG you've in the first five". .

Well Scottie Pippen was the high profile celeb who actually said it, but everyone (basketball fans) knew this for the last 4-5 years watching him in the playoffs anyway.

He might be a great consistent guy in the regular season, but his FG% drops to around 45 in the playoffs, and his TOs skyrocket to nearly 4. He's more comfortable playing second fiddle; I mean even in the Wolves offense a lot of his scoring is looking invisible; just hiding on the wing for long jumpers.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

I feel for him because he's a great player with a lot of love and passion for the game and his team. It sucks that he's constantly in a losing situation. His game is amazing, but he's not the closer type that Kobe is, so it's tough for him to simply will his teams to victory. Plus, don't underestimate the Lakers' front office, experienced coaching staff, and culture of winning as part of the reason the Lakers are driving towards the playoffs while the Wolves continue to struggle.

It's true though, KG controls his own destiny. The only way he solves this frustration is to leave.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: