JA($$) Adande Respnds to my email
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: JA($$) Adande Respnds to my email

Hey guys/gals...here is the set up. After reading JA's article on why the latest allegations against Bonds shouldn't preclude him from entering the Hall and in particular his last paragraph of said article, I had an epiphany of sorts...here's what I wrote and his response. I guess these folks simply cannot come up with an original statement. I'm debating if I have the time, energy or bandwith to keep the dialogue going with Adande. We'll see. Here you go. Thoughts? (Oh, for the "crazy's", I adjusted my email, real name, below so I don't have to get bombarded with dumb emails to my personal address--so don't bother)

I'm paraphrasing...

JA said in the article that Bonds should not be denied entrance to the HOF despite the personal feelings that writers feel about him...
(probably should read from the bottom of this post first to see what I wrote to him in response, then his answer, but you all will follow it regardless)

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:04:10 -0800
To: "'Brandon'" <bfharris@mag.com>
Subject: RE: Great Article on Bonds and I agree

Brandon:

It's never personal. Believe me, if it was personal I'd never write a single positive word about Bonds because I can't stand the guy.

I gave Kobe the lashings he deserved the previous two seasons because he and his play were largely responsible for the Lakers losing to Detroit, the breakup of the powerhouse and their descent into mediocrity.

He's having a phenomenal season this year, but he's not my MVP. It's more than just scoring a lot of points. It usually goes to the key player on an elite team, and I agree with that philosophy. Kobe doesn't utilize and improve the players around him...if anything his game can suppress them. That's why, yes, I'd vote for Nash.

J.A. Adande

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:35 PM
To: j.a.adande ( a t ) latimes.com
Subject: Great Article on Bonds and I agree

JA

Now my question to you is will you and your colleagues personal disdain for Kobe Bryant preclude you from voting for him as MVP?

In your defense, you have recently cut the guy some slack after vilifying him practically every time you wrote about him or appeared on "Around the horn" last year...but I was wondering if the reasonable logic you used for Bonds (particulary the last paragraph of your article) would be used for Bryant and the MVP vote.

Please don't give me the knee-jerk response that it's Nash. You and I both know if Kobe is off the Lakers they are the worst team in the league fighting Atlanta and Toronto for the most lotto balls in the draft drawing. If Nash is off the Suns, they still are within the top 5 seeds in the West. Thoughts?

Thanks,

I suppose I will respond to his vitriol at a later date. But you all, if so inclined can provide me with some "counterpoints" to his bias in the interim. I'll keep you all posted on if we can remove Shaq's sack from his chin.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

You can actually own this guy pretty easy...I can't believe he brought up cliches (the bogus making teammates better) and all those old stuff against Kobe. The lies (Shaq leaving and loss to Detroit) and all the made up stuff. That's so (bleep) funny...I can't believe how easy this would be...go for it dude!!!
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

Where was Smush Parker last year?
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

J Adande is a F#@## B#$#! The m#$@ F#$#! Can go to F#$#@ hell. Why the f ( a t ) #$! would you even talk to a b#$@ like that. He ain't even from LA and if he is, we don't claim him
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

Deserved lashings? Nonsense. Oh, Kobe was responsible in some part in J Ass Adande's mind, so he lashed on him. Fine and dandy, but why no lashings on Shaq and Phil as though they weren't responsible at all?

Hasn't Kobe already make some of his no/limitd-talent teammates better?

However, J Ass is a thorough hater along with his top to the bottom latimes collegues. So, no reasoning can cure them. I don't expect anything better from them except the usual hatred.

At least now J Ass and Plastic rarely write on the latimes and spare us their crap.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

In Adande's mind, as in many others, Shaq and Phil were victims of Kobe's evil master plan. And whether they admit it or not, it's a big factor in their decision-making when it comes to things like MVP.

That being said, 3 years ago Kobe was that great player on an elite team and could still only muster 8 MVP votes.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

So by J.A$$' logic, then, Barroid Bonds deserves to be in the Hall of Fame because he makes his teammates better? Huh?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

If 30/7/6/2/1 can only garner 8 MVP votes on a 50 win team, Kobe doesn't have much of a chance .
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't respond to the idiot, you can't win. He parrots every uneducated remark heard in the sports editorial section: he forced shaq out (used to be that kobe forced phil out too but that one is a little hard to sell these days, he snitched, he doesn't make his teammates better, no one wants to play with him, blah blah blah). You'll notice that Adande and Plaschke rarely write about the Lakers anymore. They were probably taken off the beat because they couldn't muster anything decent to say. Personally I think it cut into Adande's duties as the Miami Heat PR spokesman.

ANYWAY, the one point that I am curious about at this point is this, are they getting better? Can someone show a comparison of Mihm, Kwame, Cook, DGeorge, LWalton, Smush, and Profit's stats from year one of playing with the Lakers to now? If Devean and Luke have gotten better then you'd have to give Kobe some credit, since they started with Shaq and Kobe. I'm thinking that if you see any improvement in their stats Adande will attribute it all to Phil, because that's what Haters do.
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

I wrote Adande and ripped him when he tore into George early in the season. He is one of the more ego driven reporters out there. He is a jerk. He said if he did his job like George he would be fired, but instead he got a raise. I told him good job fooling his bosses, not reporting. He is trash.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
If 30/7/6/2/1 can only garner 8 MVP votes on a 50 win team, Kobe doesn't have much of a chance .

No he doesn't. And it also tells me that the media's issues with Kobe existed before his legal troubles and the dismantling of the Lakers. They didn't like him beforehand, they just didn't have a reason to really hate on him openly.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
In Adande's mind, as in many others, Shaq and Phil were victims of Kobe's evil master plan. And whether they admit it or not, it's a big factor in their decision-making when it comes to things like MVP.

That being said, 3 years ago Kobe was that great player on an elite team and could still only muster 8 MVP votes.

Adande is from Chicago. He along with Plaschke hate the Lakers. It's the main reason I cancelled my subscription to the Times. It sure would be nice to get in a class of Los Angeles born and raised sportswriters...I'm not holding my breath.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

Vandal,

When you respond to that idiot, be sure to relate to him Shaq's lazy, selfish, childish, egotistical behavior that was a huge reason for the Lakers break-up. You be sure to let him know that nobody, and I mean NOBODY yells, "Pay me my (expletive) money" to Dr. Buss. Be sure to relate to him the incident where Mr. Lardarse screwed us over by "healing on company time". What a freakin leader he was. :roll:
I could go on and on. You could easily put this fool in his place.

I honestly don't know how some of these guys get the jobs that they have. Sometimes I feel like they just write what ever gets the biggest rise out of people. They have absolutely no interest in writing the truth.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

I don't see what the big deal is.

Most of the posters on this board agree that Kobe isn't the MVP. Lakers need to win 50 games for Kobe to get serious consideration. Otherwise it's Nash.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Adande is from Chicago. He along with Plaschke hate the Lakers. It's the main reason I cancelled my subscription to the Times. It sure would be nice to get in a class of Los Angeles born and raised sportswriters...I'm not holding my breath.

Funny, I'm in psychology right now, but I have two degrees, and one of them is in journalism, and I was thinking of applying to the times if a spot ever opened up in any deparment besides the home and garden one. But like you said, I wouldn't hold my breath that that'll happen.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Ask that idiot how come he spends more time on ESPN than he does covering Laker basketball? I wonder if he has written more Clipper (or Heat) articles this year.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Most of the posters on this board agree that Kobe isn't the MVP. Lakers need to win 50 games for Kobe to get serious consideration. Otherwise it's Nash.

I don't know who these "most of the posters here" are. I really don't. Kobe Bean Bryant is the Most Valuable Player in the (bleep) league. It never should be a question of team performance with these things. The simple fact is that if there would be no Kobe in the Lakers, the Lakers would be worse than Portland.

I suggest you, Vandal08, ask this guy whome did Mike make better? Or whome did Hakeem make better? Whome does Duncan make better? Or Nash? Or LeBron? Or DWade? Or Shaq? He will answer you with a few names which are totally comparable to Brian, Smush, Chris and others. Just answer, try to put him into a situation where his answers either look stunted and stupid or when there are none. That's when you know you've succeeded.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:

Would you then say that the members of LG are different than the Lakers fans at Staples Center? You know, the place where they chant "MVP" at 120 decibel levels while Kobe is shooting free throws (when he can get a call )?
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
raffi wrote:

Would you then say that the members of LG are different than the Lakers fans at Staples Center? You know, the place where they chant "MVP" at 120 decibel levels while Kobe is shooting free throws (when he can get a call )?

Mark - I go to almost every game (had to work today), and the chants aren't THAT loud. Plus, that has nothing to do with it.

This has been debated several times in other threads, and it isn't anything against Kobe, but Nash/Billups/Dirk (Lebron?) are the leading contenders for the award.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
raffi wrote:

Mark - I go to almost every game (had to work today), and the chants aren't THAT loud. Plus, that has nothing to do with it.

This has been debated several times in other threads, and it isn't anything against Kobe, but Nash/Billups/Dirk (Lebron?) are the leading contenders for the award.

Just to clarify: Your opinion is that Lakers fans by and large don't think Kobe deserves the MVP? I've got a bridge for sale that spans the Hudson that I'd really like you to look at...
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

If Kobe is not the MVP, then I don't know what an MVP is. He can't simply do more than he is now.
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
If Kobe is not the MVP, then I don't know what an MVP is. He can't simply do more than he is now.

Kobe will not be the MVP and he shouldn't be. You guys think the Suns would do well without Nash and Amare? Get real. Marion carrying the team? Marion is not a #1 option and with no second option the team stinks, period. You take away Nash and Marion is not putting up MVP type numbers right now.

If you wanted to be fair, everyone that is campaigning for Kobe right now should have been campaigning AGAINST Kobe or Shaq for MVP during the threepeat.... Since by your logic the team would have still been great with only one of them.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

yea adande sounded so stupid in ur email response...he got serviced by you homie

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
Vandal08 wrote:

Kobe will not be the MVP and he shouldn't be. You guys think the Suns would do well without Nash and Amare? Get real. Marion carrying the team? Marion is not a #1 option and with no second option the team stinks, period. You take away Nash and Marion is not putting up MVP type numbers right now.

If you wanted to be fair, everyone that is campaigning for Kobe right now should have been campaigning AGAINST Kobe or Shaq for MVP during the threepeat.... Since by your logic the team would have still been great with only one of them.

Give Kobe nashs cast. this has been argued b4. Nash would not do well with this team b/c he would have to carry the offensive load as well. he would sink by the break
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
ppineda wrote:
Vandal08 wrote:

Give Kobe nashs cast. this has been argued b4. Nash would not do well with this team b/c he would have to carry the offensive load as well. he would sink by the break

Yeah, I don't get why this is not obvious. They robbed Atlanta in the offseason--Diaw and draft picks?--, they were handed Tim Thomas by Thomas' agent, they bolstered their defense, signed House, I mean, how many gunners do they have?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: