JA($$) Adande Respnds to my email
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I swear, everyday I'm realizing how little a lot of these sports columnists know about current teams. Has he been watching the Lakers? This guy is just mad b/c in Chicago he got to ride under Jordan's sack and here in L.A. Kobe wants nothing to do with him.
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Its the NBAs fault. Why let 100% of the votes belong to the media. Have 30% from the media, 30% from the coaches, 30% from the players, 10% from GMs
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
bounty wrote:
ppineda wrote:
Vandal08 wrote:
If Kobe is not the MVP, then I don't know what an MVP is. He can't simply do more than he is now.

Kobe will not be the MVP and he shouldn't be. You guys think the Suns would do well without Nash and Amare? Get real. Marion carrying the team? Marion is not a #1 option and with no second option the team stinks, period. You take away Nash and Marion is not putting up MVP type numbers right now.

If you wanted to be fair, everyone that is campaigning for Kobe right now should have been campaigning AGAINST Kobe or Shaq for MVP during the threepeat.... Since by your logic the team would have still been great with only one of them.

Give Kobe nashs cast. this has been argued b4. Nash would not do well with this team b/c he would have to carry the offensive load as well. he would sink by the break

Yeah, I don't get why this is not obvious. They robbed Atlanta in the offseason--Diaw and draft picks?--, they were handed Tim Thomas by Thomas' agent, they bolstered their defense, signed House, I mean, how many gunners do they have?

So they get cast offs and build a great team and their increased play has nothing to do with how great a player Nash is? Tim Thomas hasn't been playing with them for that long but being 1st place in their division has something to do with him?

Nash is the clear cut MVP, with all due respect to Kobe. Most of the country would agree with that.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I won't even hit a link if I know it's Adande's writing. It's something I reserve for Adande and Peter Vescey. Adande has negative biases and poor takes. Kobe tries to establish his team first in every game. He did so in the 81 point game. It's just at some point, Kobe feels the need to assert himself.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
bounty wrote:
ppineda wrote:
Vandal08 wrote:
If Kobe is not the MVP, then I don't know what an MVP is. He can't simply do more than he is now.

Kobe will not be the MVP and he shouldn't be. You guys think the Suns would do well without Nash and Amare? Get real. Marion carrying the team? Marion is not a #1 option and with no second option the team stinks, period. You take away Nash and Marion is not putting up MVP type numbers right now.

If you wanted to be fair, everyone that is campaigning for Kobe right now should have been campaigning AGAINST Kobe or Shaq for MVP during the threepeat.... Since by your logic the team would have still been great with only one of them.

Give Kobe nashs cast. this has been argued b4. Nash would not do well with this team b/c he would have to carry the offensive load as well. he would sink by the break

Yeah, I don't get why this is not obvious. They robbed Atlanta in the offseason--Diaw and draft picks?--, they were handed Tim Thomas by Thomas' agent, they bolstered their defense, signed House, I mean, how many gunners do they have?

So they get cast offs and build a great team and their increased play has nothing to do with how great a player Nash is? Tim Thomas hasn't been playing with them for that long but being 1st place in their division has something to do with him?

Nash is the clear cut MVP, with all due respect to Kobe. Most of the country would agree with that.

Are you responding to my point, or bounty's? I was corroborating what bounty was saying. So take your point to him, go to the source.

Now for my position. Who-in-the-heck has suddenly made the MVP into the player who makes his teammates better? I think the original e-mail response from J.A**. shows all that he's making up excuses for not selecting Kobe.

Steve Nash is great. I was pulling for him last year. But, my friend, 62 in 3, and 81 are RARE. I've been watching NBA games since `71, trust me. Who-gives-a-flying-flip if Kobe scores a lot of points? The 81 obliterates the Kobe haters. They want to say Kobe is merely a scorer. Well, without 81, we lose to Toronto. Fantastic!

Adande is a self-contradicting hater. He thinks Barroid Bonds belongs in the HOF. And he states that he thinks value for an athlete is team play. Hello??? Barry Bonds!! Barry, I'm only in it to best Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa. BARRY BONDS who fights with his own teammates!!, yes, one hell of a team player! Surely he makes his teammates better. :roll:

But when it comes to Kobe, who DIDN'T take steroids, who has nothing to hide, who scored 81 and 62 in 3 by sheer work ethic and will power, Adande thinks Steve Nash stands out above that?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

awsmori wrote:
Its the NBAs fault. Why let 100% of the votes belong to the media. Have 30% from the media, 30% from the coaches, 30% from the players, 10% from GMs

yup...it's better that way...but we all know who George Karl is voting for...I'm not so sure who PJ will vote for.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
awsmori wrote:

yup...it's better that way...but we all know who George Karl is voting for...I'm not so sure who PJ will vote for.

Excellent points. My money's on Phil voting for Luke Walton.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is.

Most of the posters on this board agree that Kobe isn't the MVP. Lakers need to win 50 games for Kobe to get serious consideration. Otherwise it's Nash.

Speak for yourself .......

Kobe is the MVP this season. Without Kobe, I don't see the lakers winning more than 15 games all season
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: