Why are the games at Staples never in High Def?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Why are the games at Staples never in High Def?

everytime we get a nationally televised game, the other game of the doubleheader is always in high def but the Lakers game is not. anyone know why?
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

I don't know, everyone hates the Lakers.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are the games at Staples never in High Def?

#32MaGiC wrote:
everytime we get a nationally televised game, the other game of the doubleheader is always in high def but the Lakers game is not. anyone know why?

Very simple -- most people have standard def TV not hi-def.
Intensity
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I KNOW!!!! I totally agree. I hate it that the home games for the lakers on FSN is not available in HD. There is such a difference between High Def basketball and crappy regular tv's. You can't even tell the faces sometimes when it's not in HD.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Intensity wrote:
I KNOW!!!! I totally agree. I hate it that the home games for the lakers on FSN is not available in HD. There is such a difference between High Def basketball and crappy regular tv's. You can't even tell the faces sometimes when it's not in HD.

Doesn't KTLA broadcast the Clippers home games in HD? So there's really no excuse, unless KTLA brings in it's own camera's for each game, and FSN just doesn't "own" any.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are the games at Staples never in High Def?

JerryWest_44 wrote:
#32MaGiC wrote:

that makes no sense. why put the other games in high def and not the Lakers? hate 'em or love 'em people tune in to see what will Kobe do. People can view the game either way without having a high def tv
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

high def would be a good option to have...especially when playoff time rolls by...high def does look way better

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Intensity wrote:

Doesn't KTLA broadcast the Clippers home games in HD? So there's really no excuse, unless KTLA brings in it's own camera's for each game, and FSN just doesn't "own" any.

yeah KTLA does(even though i dont get that channel in HD). Im not really worried about the FSN games, i just can't understand why ESPN and ABC dont show the Lakers in High-def.....but back to Fox...if they can put american idol, house, and 24 in high def....why not use those same cameras at Staples?
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I think it's because of Kobe' shooting.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

yeah...I hope games in Staples, actually all games Staples or not, we play high level defense.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
I think it's because of Kobe' shooting.

Yeah, who wants to see a ball-hogging inconsistent shooter in high def anyway...
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

TNT have the games in HD on Thursdays. Love seeing the Lakers in HD on Thursdays.
SLiM
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

Intensity wrote:

i hav west valley time warner and they show fsn laker home games in HD on channel 1105 every now and then. i don't know where to find the exact schedule though. they did show kobe's 81 in HD and it was beautiful.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Why are the games at Staples never in High Def?

JerryWest_44 wrote:
#32MaGiC wrote:

The games are simulcast in HD, so that really doesn't hold water. There has been many occasions this season during national telecasts where the game before the Laker game is in HD, but the Laker game isn't. The only Laker game I've seen in HD this season since I got my HDTV was a road game against the Warriors.
ALbino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:

Christmas is the only HD game I can think of this year.

There's several teams in the league that broadcast all of their games in HD. Heck, the Hornets do it in both NO and OK :)

AL.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: