Lakers have a phobia against BAD TEAMS!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Lakers have a phobia against BAD TEAMS!!!

Ok last week we beat the Pistons, Spurs (two best teams in the NBA)

In general, we have beaten Denver (twice), Dallas (twice), Miami, Memphis, Pistons, Cleveland & BUT....

We lost against the Bobcats, Blazers, Sonics, Houston, HAWKS, others craa-ppy teams.

WTF??

I don't understand this all. Can we be more inconsistent than this?? I mean we break loosing streaks of bad teams...

Bad teams are bad, good teams are good, but the Lakers
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Nothing new. Even during our dynasty, one thing you could count on was the Lakers beating the good teams and playing down to the level of the bad ones.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ahhhh...Now you're getting it. That's what s called a .500 team....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

We didn't focus from the beginning. This is the difference between Phil and Popovich. Popovich would have recognized that we aren't safe yet. Now we have to work that much harder to get that playoffs spot.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
We didn't focus from the beginning. This is the difference between Phil and Popovich. Popovich would have recognized that we aren't safe yet. Now we have to work that much harder to get that playoffs spot.

Uhhh no they don't. Nothing has changed from the start of the day yet. Memphis lost and as long as Sacramento loses (likely) then the playoffs are no close nor farther away...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

K8B_Flight wrote:
Nothing new. Even during our dynasty, one thing you could count on was the Lakers beating the good teams and playing down to the level of the bad ones.

But we don't have that luxury now. Quite frankly, I blame this loss entirely on Phil. To me, looking at the bigs on this team, if they don't get past the first round, then they have underachieved.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Yeah but .500 teams ARE NOT THIS INCONSISTENT. When I think of a .500 team, I think of the Hornets. Hornets loose against good teams, & sometimes loose against bad teams.

But they mostly win against teams that are decent.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
K8B_Flight wrote:

But we don't have that luxury now. Quite frankly, I blame this loss entirely on Phil. To me, looking at the bigs on this team, if they don't get past the first round, then they have underachieved.

Yeah back then we could turn it on anytime we wanted to.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

they have a bad record, but their roster is better than ours
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:
K8B_Flight wrote:

My point is, for whatever reason the psyche of the team has always been like that: to play harder against the good teams and to let down their guard against the bad ones. It's too bad.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

K8B_Flight wrote:
K8KillerInstinct wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:
K8B_Flight wrote:

My point is, for whatever reason the psyche of the team has always been like that: to play harder against the good teams and to let down their guard against the bad ones. It's too bad.

Yup, I totally agree. But now we are at the peak of inconsistency. Last year, we sucked but we also didnt win against elite teams. This year like I said
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Yeah but .500 teams ARE NOT THIS INCONSISTENT. When I think of a .500 team, I think of the Hornets. Hornets loose against good teams, & sometimes loose against bad teams.

But they mostly win against teams that are decent.

And now you're getting what it means to be a .500 team with upside vs one that's likely to remain just that .500. The Lakers have proven that they can be good when focused. Now it's about learning to focus with consistency. That should start to come around December or so... This is all just part of the growth process.

Real question is: Is it selfish to want the Lakers to make the playoffs just to play an extra four or five games? Or would getting that top 10 pick instead of losing it to Bostn be better in the big picture? That's a tough one. Worse case scenario is barely making or missing the playoffs and still losing that pick....
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

I was right about to say that too.

They have Rashard (good, & underated (like Mihm).
Allen, dead shooter.
Luke, a great point guard.
Wilcox, kinda like Brown but 10x better
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
K8B_Flight wrote:
K8KillerInstinct wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:
K8B_Flight wrote:

Yup, I totally agree. But now we are at the peak of inconsistency. Last year, we sucked but we also didnt win against elite teams. This year like I said

True that. It's so frustrating to be so damn inconsistent. It's almost like you don't want to get your hopes up after a great win, because most likely it will be followed by a horrible loss, like today's.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Hwaks beat the Pistons and Spurs too.

I dont think we downlplay against bad teams, we just overplay against better teams.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
bounty wrote:

I was right about to say that too.

They have Rashard (good, & underated (like Mihm).
Allen, dead shooter.
Luke, a great point guard.
Wilcox, kinda like Brown but 10x better

RLewis is the real deal. we dont have a match up for him
Watson and Luke is a better than solid PG rotation
Allen considering we have Kobe i'll ignore him
Wilcox is a man and has always out muscled and hustled his counter part
Moore is solid
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: