Just curious, was Kobe crying after the game?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Just curious, was Kobe crying after the game?

Some one on another board says he was crying but when I saw it he just had the same frustrated look on his face after losing games. Maybe I just missed it, can anyone confirm this?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

It's like Tom Hanks says:
Quote:
"There's no Crying in Basketball"
ummm or is that Baseball?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

i missed the game but from reading the boards it sounds like kobe had a nervous breakdown. can anyone tell me exactly what happened with him today?
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

Tears of anger. Nah I don't think he was crying but it did kinda look like he wanted to cry.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

" Tears of anger. Nah I don't think he was crying but it did kinda look like he wanted to cry."

Or in other words, the same frustrated look we've seen. So I didn't miss anything.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't shock me. Kobe's the only guy on this team that has spent most of his career playing in the playoffs. No one else on this roster understands the feeling of knowing it's slippinmg away with every loss to these crappy teams. That's one thing I will always miss about Fox, Fisher, and Horry. Losing important games like this truely affected them. I'll never, ever forget the guys that cried on our bench when we lost the 4 peat. Thats why I get so upset watching a team full of guys that just don't care.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
i missed the game but from reading the boards it sounds like kobe had a nervous breakdown. can anyone tell me exactly what happened with him today?

he started playing great D when he realized his O was off. His teamates were non chalante and he was furious going into TO's. He was the only one trying even the commentator noted that no one was matching his intensity on that end. Even sash tried to rationalize something and kobe elbowed his hand off his leg.

2nd half kobe was already on fire. RLewis killed us early and fortunately he missed wide open jumpers in the 2nd or it would have been over sooner

kobe was begging for T's all game, so im sure he will miss a game sooner than later
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

As someone I know once said, it's sometimes good to be a woman because you don't have to be on guard all the time and you can just cry.

Kobe definitely needs to let out his frustrations tonight.
A little booze maybe?
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I think they care. They just didn't realize that they were supposed to come out hard at the beginning, as you don't want to put any unnecessary pressure on yourself by getting behind. It would have been "anti-momentic," after the wins against San Antonio and Detroit.

At halftime, I told my brother, a 9-point lead is not as easy to made up as you think, especially considering how they were shooting, and I guess, I was right.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

if by "other boards" you mean "espn boards" then no. They always claim kobe cries after a loss.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
I think they care.

If they cared they wouldn't keep coming out sleep walking.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
If they cared they wouldn't keep coming out sleep walking.

Yep, true that.

They know whats at stake when they come out sleep-walking then you're doomed to lose these guys are payed millions i could care-less how there emotions are.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I really feel bad for Kobe. You know he's going to blame this loss completely on himself. I hope he recovers from this by having a big game against the Queens.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
Wouldn't shock me. Kobe's the only guy on this team that has spent most of his career playing in the playoffs. No one else on this roster understands the feeling of knowing it's slippinmg away with every loss to these crappy teams. That's one thing I will always miss about Fox, Fisher, and Horry. Losing important games like this truely affected them. I'll never, ever forget the guys that cried on our bench when we lost the 4 peat. Thats why I get so upset watching a team full of guys that just don't care.

So true. Our bigs, except for Mihm, just didn't show any pride tonight. They let a big, red-headed stiff work them in the paint and in transition. It was just pitiful. I remember Fisher said they would get so frustrated after losses that they would barely even talk to each other on the team bus or the plane. A lot of guys on this team are just happy to be in the NBA.

edit: Kobe left the locker room before the media came in. He must be really pissed.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Kobe had a meltdown today. It's been building up for a while though particularly with the refs. I'm glad he passed on post-game interviews. We don't need him getting fined or suspended for anything he might say out of anger.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Kobe had a meltdown today. It's been building up for a while though particularly with the refs. I'm glad he passed on post-game interviews. We don't need him getting fined or suspended for anything he might say out of anger.

i have to agree with that, we cannot lose Kobe to suspension

but i didn't see the game or even hear it, so i have no clue about theis supposed "breakdown" or crying etc, can you elaborate for me?
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

but i didn't see the game or even hear it, so i have no clue about theis supposed "breakdown" or crying etc, can you elaborate for me?

Kobe wasnt cryin he was as pissed as hell. Probably at him self and everyone else too. Glad he skipped on interviews he needs to breathe and get his head together...

RIP Jayden Odom
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

WHAT HAPPENED???
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

bballfan4life wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Kobe wasnt cryin he was as pissed as hell. Probably at him self and everyone else too. Glad he skipped on interviews he needs to breathe and get his head together...

thanks for the heads up on this, didn't think he would have been crying, but can really understand his frustration and agree that he probably did the best thing by skipping the post-game stuff

thanks again
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

No he wasn't crying.

Last edited by uberzev on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Basically Kobe looked irritated from the start. Calls werent going his way, shots werent falling, and the team played with no passion. It really looked as if he was begging for a Tech at times... he even kicked the ball after he missed a free throw.

He was the only one that knew what this game meant. I think his legs have been tired the past few games and he is also frustrated with himself for his poor performance

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

^^^

i agree with all that Coca James......i think frustrated is the word for Kobe right now, that his shot is not falling and his team is two steps forward, one step back ALL the time - they nreally need to string games together AND win at home at all costs
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

KOBE was looking really cranky today, like a child not recieving what he wanted. My best guess is Vanessa didn't give him any punani last night
P X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Maybe he had his period.

I don't know, but the constant whining was annoying.
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

I don't know, but the constant whining was annoying.

whining I'm kind of ashamed of him today.
note:Bryant left the dressing room after the game without talking to reporters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: