Just curious, was Kobe crying after the game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
KOBE was looking really cranky today, like a child not recieving what he wanted. My best guess is Vanessa didn't give him any punani last night

Hey man, I would be frustrated too!!

b_b_belmont
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I agree, he looked frustrated all game today, pretty much agitated from the opening tip. This was probably his worst outing of the season....

I don't know if it was the combination of the officiating, of his play, his team's play, or all of the above that got to him....

That being said, watch out Artest!
MrLaker83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Thats funny, I was gonna start a thread on this. After the game he was so pissed, it really did look like he was about to cry. In one of the close-ups his eyes were definitely watery! Its ok with me though, I love how every game means the world to kobe. I really don't think you can say that about any other player in the league!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:

b_b_belmont wrote:
I agree, he looked frustrated all game today, pretty much agitated from the opening tip. This was probably his worst outing of the season....

I don't know if it was the combination of the officiating, of his play, his team's play, or all of the above that got to him....

That being said, watch out Artest!

It's sexual frustration. Plain and simple...Haven't you ever had that very same look on your face...Yep...Enough said....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Da Ocho - Kobe was frustrated that the refs weren't calling more offensive fouls on Allen.

At the same time, the Lakers defense was abysmal and despite Kobe defending Allen very well the rest of the team was flat on D.

Kobe's frustration grew and he (unlike most times he gets angry) started to miss most of his shots. At one point he was shown jabbing a teammate on the bench. At a critical point with the Lakers down 5 and Kobe having 2 FT's to make it a 1 possession game, Kobe clanked the first one. As the ball rattled back he kicked it (soccer style) but luckily for him it missed everyone and he didn't get ejected/picked up another T.

Towards the end of the game Kobe was really, really angry. I saw Lamar try to console him but I think number 8 was just really frustrated with the way things went down.

Did he look spoilt? Maybe.
Is he a guy that hate's losing? Yes.

I rather have a spoilt guy that hates to lose than a guy that doesn't care if they win or lose.

Kobe didn't have a meltdown - he had a pisspoor shooting game and let the refs get into his head.

Next game - Watch out. All you Kobe bashers better be ready for a Numero 8 ass whoopin courtesy of the Sacto Queens.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

He wasn't crying but there was wet eyes. He had that look in his eyes and I saw it wet, maybe it was the camera light but it also looked like a tear. It was around 40 something seconds to go they showed him with his glare and his lip sucking thing he does.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
KOBE was looking really cranky today, like a child not recieving what he wanted. My best guess is Vanessa didn't give him any punani last night

While that might be true on some level I really have a hard time believing he couldn't have found a willing and able groupie that would help him "relieve" that frustration.....
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
He wasn't crying but there was wet eyes. He had that look in his eyes and I saw it wet, maybe it was the camera light but it also looked like a tear. It was around 40 something seconds to go they showed him with his glare and his lip sucking thing he does.

When someone's really, really, really angry they can have that sort of reaction.

I love Kobe's passion and hunger to win.

He is very spoiled because he's won so much as such a young age - with only one real bad season (last year - lottery) to show for a 10 year career.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:

While that might be true on some level I really have a hard time believing he couldn't have found a willing and able groupie that would help him "relieve" that frustration.....

He's been there and done that and it definitely wasn't worth it...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:

Yeah but when has that stopped anyone before I mean really? Sometimes they learn and most of the time they don't besides if he was going to cheat he'd go to someone he's done it with before.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:

Yeah but when has that stopped anyone before I mean really? Sometimes they learn and most of the time they don't besides if he was going to cheat he'd go to someone he's done it with before.

I was really being tongu and cheek so I certainly hope you are as well because a potential of 20 years behind bars would e enough to scare MOST men away from that little indesretion. And without someone reliable like Heide Fleiss to provide the service, then there is NOONE you could truly trust to give it up without consequence when you have money. Greed is a terrible thing and it trumps just about any small bit of honor some one might have. Kobe can NEVER trust anyone that much again and I'm pretty certain he's smart enough to know it. At least not within these borders... But again, I hope you were just returning te tongue and cheek....
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

^ See that's my point if that's the only reason he's being faithful then its not going to work and at some point he would cheat again or be resentful to the point of doing something else that's self destructive. If he's being faithful because he wants too that's great but he shouldn't be just because he's afraid of the possibility of jailtime because in the end that will not be enough.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

A few in this topic have intimated that Kobe was frustrated because he was the only one (besides Mihm as one suggested) that was really trying or contributing.

I sure don't see how anybody can come to that conclusion, imo.

Besides Mihm who had 20 points and 13 rebounds we had the following lines in the game:

Walton 17 points on 7-7 shooting, 3-3 from the arc and 6 rebounds.
Odom with 21 points on 6-9 shooting and 6 assists.
Parker with 15 points on 6-13 shooting and 5 assists.

Now compare this to Kobe's line:
Kobe, 22 points on 8-29 shooting and 7 assists (the assists are fine and actually show that other teamates are hitting their shots as I point out).

I think instead of concluding that Kobe felt he needed MORE SUPPORT from the team it is more likely that Kobe was frustrated with himself considering that besides Kobe's 22 points on a bismal shooting of 8-29 he was shooting 2-13 from beyond the arc. This in combination with Kobe's perception that the calls were not going his way just got to him and he was just simply frustrated with seeing another one of these games which should be a win at home against a bad team slip away to another defeat like so many other times this year. Totally understandable it would seem to me.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Since Kobe came into this league, I can't remember any time where I saw him as frustrated as this. He's always the best when it comes to keeping his cool and just focusing on doing his thing. But today was different.

I did see the watery eyes that some of you guys have already talked about. And as anyone would tell you, when a person is that enraged and just that frustrated, your emotions take over. One closeup had Kobe about to drop the f-bomb, but he bit his lip and you could just see in his eyes how drained he felt.

It's just boggles my mind everything this kid has had to go through. It's something that usually happens when that much of a load is put on one guy. It was bound to happen, and we should be glad it was before the playoffs. There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind we are going to witness something special come the next game.
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Give Kobe a break...he's the only on the team who cares about winning. but sometimes...he just try a little too hard
Donkeybong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

anyone ever give a thought that maybe something in his personal life is really bothering him? Im always prepared to lay off Kobe. He's has to put up with more criticism then any other NBA player.
KOBE8LAMAR7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Made me want to cry just watching it. And the frustration through Kobe's eyes. yeah it looked like kobe wanted to cry..or had watery eyes but i dont blame him. I'd be hella frustrated too if my shots wasnt fallin. Kobe even swore on TV. well....you could read his lips and they clearly said "f--- and damn"
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

he looked like he was either in the early or late stages of crying. i know that kobe was really frustrated and probably should've gotten like 2 t's in that game, but he shouldn't have hit sasha.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was found in the bathroom with his rifle in an undershirt and boxers by Private Joker.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman came in when he heard a ruckus and, well, I just don't want to go on.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

If I was stuck on a team with NBDL players, I would cry too. I feel ya Kobe.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's throwing elbows at Sasha and crying after basketball games!!!

Really guys, pleeeeeeease stop the madness

So lame.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper, you should know by now that IGN people are always trying to find a way to attack Kobe.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

nesli wrote:
P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

I don't know, but the constant whining was annoying.

whining I'm kind of ashamed of him today.
note:Bryant left the dressing room after the game without talking to reporters

Ashamed?

Then how about becoming a fan of some classy (top) teams like the Spurs, Pistons?
rscogold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

maybe Vanessa finally told Kobe it's not his baby ... the Mailman always delivers!

Last edited by rscogold on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
gastr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject:

my guess is kobe is not a morning person.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: