Just curious, was Kobe crying after the game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject:

Next game. Watch out. Can someone tape this upcoming game for me, cause it WILL be a 50.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject:

kqiu2210 wrote:
Give Kobe a break...he's the only on the team who cares about winning. but sometimes...he just try a little too hard

I'm sick of this garbage. Other players on the team care about winning the game. Kobe played one of the worst games of his career. No reason to act like what he did was OK. It was odd, but not OK. I agree we should get over it, but people need not to crap on other Lakers for Kobe's immature performance. I can see why Shaq slapped him once. Today's display was embarrassing to the Lakers org. and we should try and forget this ever happened.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject:

P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

I don't know, but the constant whining was annoying.

What is worrysome about that as well is, that it is growing in proportion, and seemingly effecting his performance. Which is strange because he used to be able to work the officials, and still knock down shots. This is as cold as I've seen him go for such a long stretch in a long time. It may be time for somebody else to work the officials, and Kobe go back to focusing on the task at hand. The officials made such bad calls in this contest that it makes you wonder if Kobe hadn't pissed them off as much as they pissed him off. Kobe can't win that war...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject:

kqiu2210 wrote:
Give Kobe a break...he's the only on the team who cares about winning. but sometimes...he just try a little too hard

This is a growing misconception on this board ya'll...
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
kqiu2210 wrote:

I'm sick of this garbage. Other players on the team care about winning the game. Kobe played one of the worst games of his career. No reason to act like what he did was OK. It was odd, but not OK. I agree we should get over it, but people need not to crap on other Lakers for Kobe's immature performance. I can see why Shaq slapped him once. Today's display was embarrassing to the Lakers org. and we should try and forget this ever happened.

Are you dense? How the (bleep) does frustration over the way this game went validate prior (bleep)? Nice to see all these (bleep) trolls come out in full force the minute Kobe has an off night.

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
^ See that's my point if that's the only reason he's being faithful then its not going to work and at some point he would cheat again or be resentful to the point of doing something else that's self destructive. If he's being faithful because he wants too that's great but he shouldn't be just because he's afraid of the possibility of jailtime because in the end that will not be enough.

Eh? What is it with this idiotic tangent on Kobe's fidelity? Is this thread titled: tabloid punditry?

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

If you can't fathom why he would be angry, you need to stop watching games, because it's obvious that you miss the point of competitive fire.

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
KOBE was looking really cranky today, like a child not recieving what he wanted. My best guess is Vanessa didn't give him any punani last night

Right, we need stupid (bleep) jokes on this site about a player that is carrying this (bleep) team. Take that garbage to another site that cares.

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
kqiu2210 wrote:

Odom needed to hit the glass some more-he had 3 boards-and as the team's leading rebounder that is pathetic. He along with the rest of the frontline were responsible for this loss.

^^ Farmar

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
kqiu2210 wrote:

Odom needed to hit the glass some more-he had 3 boards-and as the team's leading rebounder that is pathetic. He along with the rest of the frontline were responsible for this loss.

It's nearly impossible to get boards when:

A. The other team isn't missing that often.

and

B. The guy you are guarding is 20 ft from the rim and the man shooting.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
i missed the game but from reading the boards it sounds like kobe had a nervous breakdown. can anyone tell me exactly what happened with him today?

Good God!!! Kobe was fine. He got jobbed by the refs and his shot wasn't falling. He was frustrated. Good grief!
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3595922

Quote:
With 4:24 left, Ray Allen beat Bryant into the lane as the Lakers were late to rotate and help. Mihm fouled Allen as part of a three-point play and Bryant slammed the ball in dismay.

Bryant later kicked the ball after Wilcox's dunk on the play in which Mihm was injured and booted the ball again after he missed the first of two free throws with 43.3 seconds remaining.

After coming to the bench for a timeout, Bryant punched the seat next to him and sent it toppling. Bryant is shooting 19 of 58 (32.7 percent) the last two games.
Wow, didn't see any of that during the game, except the kick after the missed free throw...
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject:

nesli wrote:
P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

whining I'm kind of ashamed of him today.
note:Bryant left the dressing room after the game without talking to reporters

you should be embarrassed.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

^
Why is this shocking?

Kobe has always had a crazy temper. His teammates are used to it. Horry talked about how Kobe would get that upset over his team losing in practice.

While I know it's not exactly a nice thing to see or do, it's part of his demeanour.

I take the good with the bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
nesli wrote:
P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

I'm sure he was,.. about his recent play and behavior from last night...

He'll be back next game... BET ON IT!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Next game. Watch out. Can someone tape this upcoming game for me, cause it WILL be a 50.

I agree.

Throughout Kobe's career, everytime he's had a big implosion/contraversy he comes out the next game - unstoppable.

Watch out folks. In a way I'm happy that we lost to Seattle than Sacramento. If I had to choose which team we have MVP Kobe - I take the Sacto game.

Not saying we will beat them, but I expect a dominant performance Tuesday night.

And Lamar seems to excel against the Kings.

We know what dominant Kobe + Focused Lamar equals
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Hope so...Kobe just needs to relax and stop forcing things. I mean 2-13 from downtown? At some point, you need to stop jacking those and start going to the hole...although it seemed kobe kept getting bumped all night, the refs weren't calling a whole lot. Hoping for better things vs Sacto, but this is about 3 games straight that he has been struggling, and it seems to be getting worse.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Why is this shocking?

Kobe has always had a crazy temper. His teammates are used to it. Horry talked about how Kobe would get that upset over his team losing in practice.

While I know it's not exactly a nice thing to see or do, it's part of his demeanour.

I take the good with the bad.

RIP Jayden Odom
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
nesli wrote:
P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

Spoiled rotten Laker fan. Athletes have off nights. We happen to root for a guy that RARELY has a bad night, in fact he is miraculous more often than not. The only people that should be embarrassed are the supposed Laker fans that have the audacity question Kobe Bryant.
stopthiZ8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it did look like Kobe wanted to cry. Last couple of seconds when Sonics were shooting free throws. The camera was at his face and you could see tears ready to come out of his eyes. I mean it I saw that and I was pissed at Kobe for his attitude but that made me feel like Kobe just had some issue of frustration or some personal? Did anybody see that?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:

... he even kicked the ball after he missed a free throw.

It was a minor miracle Kobe didn't get a T for that. The refs were definitely lenient on that one, it could have moved Kobe closer to that suspension.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
TACH wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
nesli wrote:
P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

Spoiled rotten Laker fan. Athletes have off nights. We happen to root for a guy that RARELY has a bad night, in fact he is miraculous more often than not. The only people that should be embarrassed are the supposed Laker fans that have the audacity question Kobe Bryant.

Who?
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

This is such a lame thread. For all of you Kobe haters, pack your bags and go cheer for the Clippers....we don't need ya anyway. Laker fans take the good with the bad. This has been an up and down season with Kobe providing all of the ups, and if you can dog on him at all, then we don't need ya!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
P X wrote:
Maybe he had his period.

If you can't fathom why he would be angry, you need to stop watching games, because it's obvious that you miss the point of competitive fire.

Competitive fire is great, allowing it to take you out of the game isn't.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Coca James wrote:

... he even kicked the ball after he missed a free throw.

It was a minor miracle Kobe didn't get a T for that. The refs were definitely lenient on that one, it could have moved Kobe closer to that suspension.

Refs don' throw T's for players getting mad at themselves. Kobe missed a FT and was mad at himself. I'm sure you were wondering why there wasn't a T.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: