My pop and I tape every Laker game...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: My pop and I tape every Laker game...

...to watch late at night (like 11:30) when there aren't any distractions and we can FF commercials.

Once in awhile one of our respective bubbles are burst by a spoiler -- today my TV was on ESPN from last night and the Laker/Sonic score was on. This is not a "spoiler"... this is an "Entire Sunday Ruiner."

What the HELL happened? 120 points to SEATTLE??????:?!?!??!

Is this the SINGLE DUMBEST TEAM to ever suit up in the NBA?????

"Well gee, now that we've played hard defense in San Antonio and proven we can do it, we don't have to play that way anymore because teams will just lay down in front of us."

They have size. They're athletic. They're long and they have a good defensive coach. Youth? No, I've seen young teams MUCH smarter than these guys.

There's my rant. No, I haven't been overcome by negativity. Yes, I still think Mitch Kupchak is significantly smarter than all the second-guessers in here (none of whom are on an NBA payroll), yes I still think Jackson is the answer, yes I still have faith in Kwame Brown's development, and yes, Chris Mihm is better than Tyson Chandler.

But this team is stunted. Forget size, talent, etc. If this team showed up every game they'd already be a 50 win team.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Sonics played a Suns style offense today, and it killed the Lakers bigs earlier when they were slow to recover in transition defense.

You'll get to witness awesome dunks and layups and lobs from Robert Swift, Petro whatever his name is, and Chris Wilcox all throughout the first half.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

they just ran up our arses on a sunday early afternoon game and we could never slow them down....

pj didnt really sub for better d though either so...

another loss to another bad team
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

You'll get to witness awesome dunks and layups and lobs from Robert Swift, Petro whatever his name is, and Chris Wilcox all throughout the first half.

Yeah, or I'll just not watch this mess. Unbelievable.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
they just ran up our arses on a sunday early afternoon game and we could never slow them down....

pj didnt really sub for better d though either so...

another loss to another bad team

....but they JUST BEAT SAN ANTONIO. How are these guys so different from night to night? Sometimes it really just looks like they "get it." Then you find out they don't get it. The hard way.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I think not having Devean today really hurt us on the defensive side. With Devean we could afford to go a bit smaller (Devean at 3 and Lamar at 4) and not lose much quickness and boarding. The stretch where we had to play Kwame and Chris on the court together really killed us on transition defense.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
I think not having Devean today really hurt us on the defensive side. With Devean we could afford to go a bit smaller (Devean at 3 and Lamar at 4) and not lose much quickness and boarding. The stretch where we had to play Kwame and Chris on the court together really killed us on transition defense.

I have to take your word for it since there's no way in hell I'm going to watch that tape.

Why can't the Lakers EVER get more than three games above .500?

....actually, I think I just figured it out. Whenever the Lakers have a big win and are 2-3 up, I'm going to take the next few games off because it's become obvious that the Lakers are too.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:

Jesus, can't anyone make me feel better? No, I mean seriously. Doesn't anyone have a video of a dancing Panda or some (bleep)?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:

DicksHutnick wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:

Jesus, can't anyone make me feel better? No, I mean seriously. Doesn't anyone have a video of a dancing Panda or some (bleep)?
www.cuteoverload.com
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

DicksHutnick wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:

Luke and Lamar had really efficient offensive games.

Luke dropped 17 pts on 7/7 shooting and was a perfect 3/3 from behind the arc.

Lamar dropped 21 pts on a cool 6-9 shooting. He was also 3/4 from behind the arc.

Don't want to bring up Kobe's numbers though.

DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
DicksHutnick wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:

www.cuteoverload.com

That actually worked. Thanks. My girlfriend has a very similar hamster, if not quite as famous.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

We had 5 guys in Double Figures:

Kobe 22
Lamar 21
Mihm 20
Luke 17
Smush 15

If you were to show that stat to me, I'd say we won that game... unfortunately there's the oppositions box score too...
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
DicksHutnick wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:

Luke and Lamar had really efficient offensive games.

Luke dropped 17 pts on 7/7 shooting and was a perfect 3/3 from behind the arc.

Lamar dropped 21 pts on a cool 6-9 shooting. He was also 3/4 from behind the arc.

Don't want to bring up Kobe's numbers though.

Heh... it's hard to worry about Kobe. He'll bring it. Those other numbers are very encouraging though, particularly Luke's since he was under such fire earlier. I've always liked his game but I've wondered if he could develop in NBA shot ala Derek Fisher, who couldn't shoot early in his career.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

The have better players outside of kobe
RLewis hopefully will be here next year. He was wide open all game. He, kobe and booz will be devastating next year
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
We had 5 guys in Double Figures:

Kobe 22
Lamar 21
Mihm 20
Luke 17
Smush 15

If you were to show that stat to me, I'd say we won that game... unfortunately there's the oppositions box score too...

I knew going into the season that offense would be a struggle and that defense would be much improved. I had it right - and by "right" I mean "exactly the opposite."
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

You're lucky you missed the game. There just wasn't anything good to take out of this loss. It was ugly. Freakin' Carrot Top was out-hustling and out-running our bigs. It was an up-and-down game, and our guys just never bothered to jump into high gear and get their tails back down on defense. They lost this game in transition, plain and simple.

Seriously, you'd feel even worse if you actually watched the game. Probably Kobe's worst game of the year. I can't even be happy about Mihm having a breakout game because his season might be over.

edit: and I'm sorry for not bringing any optimism, I need to vent too. But yes, Luke had a great game. Probably his best game since game 2 of the Finals against Detroit. He came up big down the stretch, unfortunately it wasn't enough.

Last edited by Ziggy on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I can't even be happy about Mihm having a breakout game because his season might be over.

Hopefully in 24 hours his MRI will have as all breathing a huge sigh of relief. Remember San Antonio '04? Fox is out, George is in and lands so hard on his ankle that he's spinning in circles on the floor in pain. He only missed one game, I believe.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

edit: and I'm sorry for not bringing any optimism, I need to vent too.

It helps.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
DicksHutnick wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:

www.cuteoverload.com

I like the doggy in the sunglasses!

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
You're lucky you missed the game. There just wasn't anything good to take out of this loss. It was ugly. Freakin' Carrot Top was out-hustling and out-running our bigs. It was an up-and-down game, and our guys just never bothered to jump into high gear and get their tails back down on defense. They lost this game in transition, plain and simple.

Seriously, you'd feel even worse if you actually watched the game. Probably Kobe's worst game of the year. I can't even be happy about Mihm having a breakout game because his season might be over.

It was my my first time watching a game this season on my couch and not on the computer since it was nationally televised and it sucked From now on I'll refrain from doing that b/c it seems like every once in a blue moon when Laker games are televised on the east coast / Canada and I actually have a chance to watch with no hassle we loose

RIP Jayden Odom
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

bballfan4life wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

It was my my first time watching a game this season on my couch and not on the computer since it was nationally televised and it sucked From now on I'll refrain from doing that b/c it seems like every once in a blue moon when Laker games are televised on the east coast / Canada and I actually have a chance to watch with no hassle we loose

Oh, so this was YOUR fault?

You and your TV are probably responsible for Mihm's ankle, too. I think you owe our starting center an apology.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
But yes, Luke had a great game. Probably his best game since game 2 of the Finals against Detroit. He came up big down the stretch, unfortunately it wasn't enough.

That game is the reason he's still here. A good reason, too. No one could figure out Detroit's D, except our second round rookie. Hopefully this is a breakout for him.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I would like an apology as well. I went into cardiac arrest 3 times during this game. I'll be sending you the medical bill bballfan.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

DicksHutnick wrote:
bballfan4life wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

You and your TV are probably responsible for Mihm's ankle, too. I think you owe our starting center an apology.

My sincerest apologies fom the bottom of my laker-loving heart

RIP Jayden Odom
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

bballfan4life wrote:
DicksHutnick wrote:
bballfan4life wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

My sincerest apologies fom the bottom of my laker-loving heart

And Ziggy, for his heart?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: