My pop and I tape every Laker game...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

DicksHutnick wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
But yes, Luke had a great game. Probably his best game since game 2 of the Finals against Detroit. He came up big down the stretch, unfortunately it wasn't enough.

That game is the reason he's still here. A good reason, too. No one could figure out Detroit's D, except our second round rookie. Hopefully this is a breakout for him.

Yeah, his performance tonight was very reminiscent of that game, as he did a lot of damage in the 4th quarter when they were trying to rally from behind. He was hitting from outside, going to the hoop, grabbing rebounds. His poor defense is what will hold him back from becoming an NBA starter. But it seems like Phil trusts Luke a lot in clutch situations.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
DicksHutnick wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
But yes, Luke had a great game. Probably his best game since game 2 of the Finals against Detroit. He came up big down the stretch, unfortunately it wasn't enough.

That game is the reason he's still here. A good reason, too. No one could figure out Detroit's D, except our second round rookie. Hopefully this is a breakout for him.

Yeah, his performance tonight was very reminiscent of that game, as he did a lot of damage in the 4th quarter when they were trying to rally from behind. He was hitting from outside, going to the hoop, grabbing rebounds. His poor defense is what will hold him back from becoming an NBA starter. But it seems like Phil trusts Luke a lot in clutch situations.

I think Luke's poor defense is a result of him still adjusting (remember he's still never really played regular minutes for a full year) to NBA speeds. Rick Fox was by no means a speedster but he was a lockdown defender. Luke can be similar if he studies Fox's textbook footwork.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

DicksHutnick wrote:
bballfan4life wrote:
DicksHutnick wrote:
bballfan4life wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
You're lucky you missed the game. There just wasn't anything good to take out of this loss. It was ugly. Freakin' Carrot Top was out-hustling and out-running our bigs. It was an up-and-down game, and our guys just never bothered to jump into high gear and get their tails back down on defense. They lost this game in transition, plain and simple.

Seriously, you'd feel even worse if you actually watched the game. Probably Kobe's worst game of the year. I can't even be happy about Mihm having a breakout game because his season might be over.

It was my my first time watching a game this season on my couch and not on the computer since it was nationally televised and it sucked From now on I'll refrain from doing that b/c it seems like every once in a blue moon when Laker games are televised on the east coast / Canada and I actually have a chance to watch with no hassle we loose

Oh, so this was YOUR fault?

You and your TV are probably responsible for Mihm's ankle, too. I think you owe our starting center an apology.

My sincerest apologies fom the bottom of my laker-loving heart

And Ziggy, for his heart?

sorry Ziggy I cant say i feel your pain b/c in Canada health Care is pretty much free. Now let's just hope the stupid new conservative goverment, which I didnt vote for btw, doesnt rui it for all of us

RIP Jayden Odom
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: