***Official*** Lakers vs Queens Game Thread...3-14-06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Bibby shuffling his feet after a 3pt shot as his team is barely in playoffs is laughable -- where was the shuffle when the Lakers were torching the Kings in the playoffs?
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe should have been shooting these all game long in my opinion!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Kobe has taken TWICE the amount of shots Odom has and yet Odom has the same amount of points.

I don't think anyone was accusing Kobe of being overly efficient tonight.

No. But everyone will accuse the REST of the Lakers for this loss. Kobe has been really killing us on the shooting the last week and a half. But the kids, can't handle it when anyone criticizes Kobe.

So, we can't criticize Kobe, but put the blame on everyone else? I'm tired of this Kobe. He needs to straighten things out, whatever they may be. Cause without him playing smart and well, we will NEVER go anywhere.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Bibby shuffling his feet after a 3pt shot as his team is barely in playoffs is laughable -- where was the shuffle when the Lakers were torching the Kings in the playoffs?
Classy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bibby acts as if he just won the NBA championship with that shot (As Phil says).

Kobe hits pointless 3s.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

Bibby just partying now! I hate that (bleep) so (bleep) much!
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is really a realistic look, at where our team is at... Not enough veteran experience, which would give us more togetherness, and composure.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lakers STOPPED playing half way into the 4th quarter -- the Lakers played 2 against 5 tonite as the Lakers had NO INSIDE game -- how do you expect to win with no scoring from your BIG men?

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

insidepresence wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
The Kings have now won 14 of the 18 games since they traded for Artest. That's MVP caliber IMHO.

I think they lost 7 total since they've gotten him

Before the game they showed a graphic that the Kings were 13 and 4 since trading for Artest. Now they are 14 and 4.

Jake Speed, 1986
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

It's too little too late, but he also didn't get a chance until that point. They aren't really looking for Kobe to save the day as much as they did before. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Buss is a cheapskate. Face it. He'll say we're ahead of schedule, so that he can continue to get by with Kobe selling tickets and always holding out hope for another Superstar.

Better pray for KG fellas. Without him, it'll always be Kobe-LO and the team that you see today.

what are you talking about? we are over the cap? who is it exactly what you wanted him to go after? I hate this kind of ignorance. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Buss.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

114 points... unreal!!!! You would think they would of played defense after the Seattle game!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

We are what we are. Anyone who thinks that we are a 6th seeded is a dreamer.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
insidepresence wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
The Kings have now won 14 of the 18 games since they traded for Artest. That's MVP caliber IMHO.

I think they lost 7 total since they've gotten him

Before the game they showed a graphic that the Kings were 13 and 4 since trading for Artest. Now they are 14 and 4.

oh, well the graphic was wrong. Artest has played 21 games with the kings (22 including tonight) and they went 14-7. I just looked it up on ESPN
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

magic_bryant wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Kobe has taken TWICE the amount of shots Odom has and yet Odom has the same amount of points.

No. But everyone will accuse the REST of the Lakers for this loss. Kobe has been really killing us on the shooting the last week and a half. But the kids, can't handle it when anyone criticizes Kobe.

So, we can't criticize Kobe, but put the blame on everyone else? I'm tired of this Kobe. He needs to straighten things out, whatever they may be. Cause without him playing smart and well, we will NEVER go anywhere.

I haven't seen much love for Kobe of late. Not that he has deserved any. What a horrible time to go into a slump. NO WAY he is an MVP. When it is time to nut up and you do just the opposite you are no MVP.

Jake Speed, 1986
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

Guys stop bringing up the past both the Kings AND Lakers SUCK right now who cares what we won in the past lets just bow our heads down in shame nad hope we put a run together and beat these fools next week at home and get back that 7th seed!!
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

what else is on...
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

You're really ridiculous. Stop it. Tonight We didn't play good defense. That's the reason we lost.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

man i swear bibby only does this against the lakers...i watch him in a fantasy league and he normally doesnt do this good...
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was more critical of Kobe, in the last game... To be fair, Kobe was being forced to take some of the harder shots, to try and keep our momentum going...

Early in the game, Kobe was a great facilitator, feeding Odom, and helping to spread the floor... Sacto began to adjust, and they just had too much veteran experience.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Buss is a cheapskate. Face it. He'll say we're ahead of schedule, so that he can continue to get by with Kobe selling tickets and always holding out hope for another Superstar.

Better pray for KG fellas. Without him, it'll always be Kobe-LO and the team that you see today.

what are you talking about? we are over the cap? who is it exactly what you wanted him to go after? I hate this kind of ignorance. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Buss.

We're only over the cap because of Shaq. If we don't land KG-level, we're screwed. He'll never offer a FULL MLE for 5-6 years. He'll never overpay for a guy who he thinks isn't a superstar. Look what he did with Eddie Jones, Caron Butler, NVE, etc. He DOESN'T spend to get the quality DEPTH that is needed. Never has, never will.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

TACH wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Kobe 9 of 22? So what are people saying now when Odom is 9 of 12?

I've been saying it for 3 games now, kobe needs to be more efficient or look for a better shot. Lamar more efficient.

the other side of the coin is lamar has such a high percentage because he isn't THAT aggressive. Can't win a game with odom your main option. Need someone willing to take tough shots.

Do you HEAR yourself??? Odom needs to be more efficient??? He's 9 for 12!!!! And more aggressive??? He singlehandely kept us in the game in the first and is picking it up again in the fourth. He is NOT the problem!!!

Can you read? It says lamar is more efficient. Also the game is played for 4 quarters, not two.

A 20 point game can't be ridiculed in any way...

He could have scored more in this contest, but again the Lakers are getting raped on defense...

I didn't criticize Lamar. I criticized Kobe, with the understanding that you need a guy like Kobe if you want to win. He isn't afraid to take tough shots or create shots. You can't win with Lamar being your first option because he is too passive...only shoots when its safe.

Why do you guys always read things that aren't there? 90% of the arguments here are because people misinterpret others' statements and then run with it.
We won't win unless we play defense!!! Kenny Thomas looked like an All-star tonight,... Artest lit us up.... That's the reall issue DEFENSE!!!!!

We'll never win unless we play defense. The issue is always defense. BUT ITS A SIMPLISTIC explanation. We won't win if Kobe continues to shoot long threes that lead to transition buckets. We won't win if Kobe continues to turn the ball over on the perimeter leading to transition buckets. We won't win unless smush stops making bad passes leading to transition buckets. We lost the game tonight because our horrid offensive selection gave the Kings a chance to run.
ClipperLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Yeah...The Defense hasn't been very good lately. And you will not win many games giving up 114 points. Too many open shots. Simple as that...

Anyhow...Why is everyone so pissed off at Mike Bibby celebrating? HE does that all the time so what? He earned the right to. Stop him from making his shots if you dont like it. And BIBBY was already doing this thing against the lakers in the playoffs. Remember those clutch shots? Face it..Bibby is a good player who hits big shots...If Sasha Can pump his fist and ronny turiaf can jump around..Why can't Bibby? Just stop him...
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

OK. This is nuts. I defended Kobe as having a sinus infection before but this???? He is shooting us out of games!!! He's back to that I-am-the-only-hope-kobe at a time when his teammates are actually picking it up a notch on offense. I'd rather Kobe stop worrying about offense and act like the perimeter stopper we all know he can be.

If Kobe hits for 25 AND stops just ONE of the other teams perimeters players ... we win. This is ridiculous that Artest, Bibby, and Martin combine for 69. I realize that Smush sucks on defense but Kobe has got to concentrate more on shutting down his opponent. We know he can do it.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

I didn't see the game but watched the box score. I saw Kobe's percentage and didn't really effect me. What's bothering me is he's not getting to the line. I didn't see the game was he not getting the calls or was he just taken the easy way out and shooting the jump shot all night and not driving in?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: