Gerald Wallace is a Stud

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimRaynor55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Gerald Wallace is a Stud

I just took a look at his profile on NBA.com:

14.7 ppg, 0.539 FG%, 7.4 rpg, 1.7 apg, 2.5 spg, 2.1 bpg, in 34.2 mpg

He basically has Andrei Kirilenko's numbers, with less apg but way better scoring. Why hasn't anyone been talking about this guy? I know he plays for the Bobcats, but still, nobody gets those kind of numbers without being good.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Gerald Wallace is a Stud

JimRaynor55 wrote:
I just took a look at his profile on NBA.com:

14.7 ppg, 0.539 FG%, 7.4 rpg, 1.7 apg, 2.5 spg, 2.1 bpg, in 34.2 mpg

He basically has Andrei Kirilenko's numbers, with less apg but way better scoring. Why hasn't anyone been talking about this guy? I know he plays for the Bobcats, but still, nobody gets those kind of numbers without being good.

Actually, he's starting to get mentioned a lot as one of the league's most underrated, so others definitely agree with you .

Yeah, he's a stud, but the problem is he keeps getting hurt. He's missed quite a few games this year.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

does he have a J? Or is he a slasher.
JimRaynor55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject:

According to 82games.com, he only hits about 35.1% of his jumpers (and this is adjusted up to account for his few 3pt shots), which is pretty terrible. However, 66% of his shots are inside the paint, and he makes 65.5% of those, leading to his great FG%.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
does he have a J? Or is he a slasher.

No jumpshot, all slash and defense.
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

wallace isnt a great defender necessarily, but he is a scorer. he might not be a well rounded player, but i think he would provide a scoring boost off the bench that we really need. he could be our equivalent of eddie house on the phoenix suns. not really an optimal starter at all, but when you have a bench like ours, you need some consistent scoring off the bench.
JimRaynor55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject:

they-perch wrote:
wallace isnt a great defender necessarily, but he is a scorer. he might not be a well rounded player, but i think he would provide a scoring boost off the bench that we really need. he could be our equivalent of eddie house on the phoenix suns. not really an optimal starter at all, but when you have a bench like ours, you need some consistent scoring off the bench.

If we had him, I'd start him for sure. Look at his numbers, it's like Kirilenko with scoring. I don't know how good he is at covering his man, but with numbers like that he'll more than make up for it unless he's one of the worst man defenders in the league. Lamar could slide over to PF (where he's actually played better this season), and Kwame/Cook could warm the pine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: