Horry heats up for stretch drive

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Horry heats up for stretch drive

Here's a Horry article for LAL fans who are still following Big Shot Rob's career.

Spurs: Horry heats up for stretch drive

Mike Monroe, San Antonio Express-News 03/20/2006

The Spurs had just seen the Houston Rockets trim a 13-point lead to seven entering the fourth quarter of Saturday's game at the Toyota Center. Back-to-back game fatigue was threatening to do in the Southwest Division leaders yet again.

But springtime was little more than a day away, and for the Spurs, that means only one thing: wakeup time for Robert Horry.

After the Spurs' first possession of the fourth quarter resulted in a miss, Horry stole the ball from Houston's Dikembe Mutombo. Horry, a 14-year veteran, didn't wait for his teammates to get back to the offensive end. He dribbled to the left corner, behind the 3-point line, and launched a shot over the startled Mutombo.

"That's the only way I can get my shots off easy," Horry said, "by doing stuff like that."

And just like that, the Spurs had another double-digit lead, along with clear evidence the playoffs are only a month away, and that "Big Shot Rob" is getting primed.

"He's warming up," Tim Duncan said of Horry, one of the heroes of the Spurs' 2005 championship run. "He's like a diesel engine, and he's on the first step of warming it up."

Horry admits as much. Made aware that recent struggles by the Detroit Pistons had put the league's overall best record within reach, Horry made a mental note.

"I think it's time for me to remind some of these young guys that the league pays a bonus for best record," said Horry, 35. "Money's still a nice motivation, you know."

Continued....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...rs.5376527.html
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Who cares what he is doing?...Last time I cared he had missed something like 23 shots in a row. If they're not on the Lakers I don't care anything about them.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Fixed link: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA032006.3D.spurs.5376527.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: