Mourning's career may be done
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Mourning's career may be done

He got a torn calf muscle and that boo-boo may force him to call it a career.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject:

I don't think anyone really knows how severe the tear is, prior to an MRI. I'm not a physician, but I know that a torn calf shouldn't be career-ending, unless Zo has simply had enough following this season. In terms of rehab, I'd guess that he'll be gone anywhere between two to three weeks (slight tear) to two months.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject:

Does that mean he's out for this season?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

Great news.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Great news.

only wish it was shaq instead

or both
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

Karl Malone all over.

This won't force Mourning to call it a career, unless as mentioned before, he's just tired of all the "set-backs". Otherwise, he'll come back next year, good as new. However, if he's out for the remainder of the season, then the Heat stand no chance against the Pistons. Shaq, Haslem, Walker, etc isn't enough up front to beat them. Shaq's been getting sat for long stretches in the 4th qtr recently due to his ineffectiveness on O and inability to play D.

This is a fatal blow to their chances.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

Relative to his kidney-battle, I'm sure this is small potatoes...if Zo wants to come back he will. I feel bad for him (hate to see anybody sustain an injury), but I can't say I'll shed a tear for his teamates. If Shaq's got anything left in the tank, now's the time to step it up, lol.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

In 3 years, with Wade's extension I can see him leaving

Itll be like Shaq done, Zo Done, J-Will nearly done, Walker chucking bad shots, and with the rumours of Shaq buying the Magic, and their new capspace in 07 after the Francis trade, I could see WAde/Howard as the next big NBA duo.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

don't worry heat fans.....shawn kemp is available.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

atreyu777 wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Great news.

only wish it was shaq instead

or both

Ha Ha, I didn't want to celebrate but hey, might as well join in. Anyways, I think this season will be Stay Puff's last chance at a ring. That team is getting very old and I'm not sure how many more season's Lard's Ass can handle. And now losing their best center they really don't have a chance. I'm predicting a first round exit.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

Too bad for Zo. Now we get to see if the great combo (Superman and Flash) can actually live up to the hype. IMO, they'll be lucky to get out of the 1st round, without Mourning.
stopthiZ8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I was actually thinking of getting Zo for next season he would be a great back up for 12-15 min. But I thought that was unlikely do to Shaq their because of him he might not come over and now this
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

stopthiZ8 wrote:
I was actually thinking of getting Zo for next season he would be a great back up for 12-15 min. But I thought that was unlikely do to Shaq their because of him he might not come over and now this

The Lakers don't need Zo. We already have Mihm, Brown, and Bynum.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

If this is true for even just the rest of this season, CriAMI is through. When Zo was in the game, they dominated. When he left, so did their chances of winning.

But regardless, I hope this is not career ending. Been a Zo fan since Georgetown. Get well soon Zo
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

I lost all respect for the man when he pouted his way out of Toronto. I hate these crybaby, primadonna athletes that think they can do whatever they want. Hey Zo, in the real world, contracts mean something. I never wished injury on him, but I don't feel any sympathy for him whatsoever.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

BSPN says he'll only be out 4-6 weeks. He should be well rested for the playoffs.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
BSPN says he'll only be out 4-6 weeks. He should be well rested for the playoffs.

More like out of shape for the playoffs, if he comes back before they get eliminated. W/o their best center I foresee a first round exit.
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I lost all respect for the man when he pouted his way out of Toronto. I hate these crybaby, primadonna athletes that think they can do whatever they want. Hey Zo, in the real world, contracts mean something. I never wished injury on him, but I don't feel any sympathy for him whatsoever.

I agree 100% with that comment.
I cant stand him anymore ...
And I might be getting shi* for this but I also think he is a dirty player with no respect for other players on opposing teams.
When and if you watch him play there is always elbows, legs , arms etc being thrown around by him before and after the play. Sorry ZO time to call it a carrer!Should have stayed in Toronto!
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Great news.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Great news.

AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Another_laker_fan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I agree 100% with that comment.
I cant stand him anymore ...
And I might be getting shi* for this but I also think he is a dirty player with no respect for other players on opposing teams.
When and if you watch him play there is always elbows, legs , arms etc being thrown around by him before and after the play. Sorry ZO time to call it a carrer!Should have stayed in Toronto!

Had he stayed at Toronto theyd have a nice team by now, Zo, Bosh, Graham, Mo-Pete, Mike James.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

Zo is a hero in Miami. I can't blame him for wanting to go back home to finish his career.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Zo is a hero in Miami. I can't blame him for wanting to go back home to finish his career.

Terrible news for the heat. That man is the real center for them. I never liked Zo and I still don't but I would never wish injury on anyone. That being said if I had to choose a team to put this on the heat are my top choice.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
angel wrote:

Terrible news for the heat. That man is the real center for them. I never liked Zo and I still don't but I would never wish injury on anyone. That being said if I had to choose a team to put this on the heat are my top choice.

Me either, but I will make an exception for Shaq.
Ghost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Word is Mourning is targeted to play in 3-4 weeks. Possibly the last few games of the regular season. It was only a partial tear in the calf muscle, which isn't considered serious. Nothing career-ending. By the looks of it not even regular season-ending.

Ghost.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: