I think The Mavericks will win it all

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
froghat
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: I think The Mavericks will win it all

It took them 5 years to realize they needed to play some defense but I think they finally get it. I hope they take out Detroit!
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

IMO it's a good open race with San Antonio, Dallas, and Detroit. Outside possibilities being Miami and Phoenix.

Dallas has certainly improved on the defensive end.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

And I think you are wrong....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Not if they have to go through us they won't.

We own them and they know it!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Indiana will take it all, they have JO back and the maybe a deeper team than SA or Miami.
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

so if Dallas will win it all and the Lakers can beat Dallas with their eyes closed.... that would mean Lakers will win the championship this year!

makes perfect sense to me
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
IMO it's a good open race with San Antonio, Dallas, and Detroit. Outside possibilities being Miami and Phoenix.

Dallas has certainly improved on the defensive end.

Lakers all the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
_LAKESHOW_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

they are a poormans version of the detroit pistons.

loaded with talent. but the defense and rebounding ferocity not nearly as close to the pistons.
Hawkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Dallas' defense has improved exponentially but it's still not enough. Props to AJ for that, Nellie's offense/no defense schemes were taking them nowhere. San Antonio still owns them IMO. They'll meet in the second round one way or the other if they get past the first round. SA in six depending on injuries as they stand now. My .02
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

of course i would love to see the lakers win it..with that said.......

i don't care if SA, Dallas, Dtown or any other team wins it as long as it isn't the freakin HEAT...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

dallas has about as much of a chance of winning the nba title as ashlee simpson has of making the rock and roll hall of fame.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I think The Mavericks will win it all

Cocaine's a helluva drug.
*TheNextKobe*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

Are u forgetting that Kobe dropped 62 in 33 against this team! Sure they have improved but I highly doubt they're a championship team (at least this year)
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

did you catch yesterday's dallas/detroit game? dallas COLLAPSED at the end of the game. doesn't matter if you play good basketball for 46 minutes. unless you have a 30 point lead, you have to play the last two minutes!

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

*TheNextKobe* wrote:
Are u forgetting that Kobe dropped 62 in 33 against this team! Sure they have improved but I highly doubt they're a championship team (at least this year)

I doubt anyone forgets that so soon. But a single game is a single game. Dallas is a terrific team this year which would go deep in the playoffs, if they didn't face the Spurs in the 2nd round. Spurs-Pistons for finals again. Spurs for rings, just because of Horry.
*TheNextKobe*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:

I doubt anyone forgets that so soon. But a single game is a single game. Dallas is a terrific team this year which would go deep in the playoffs, if they didn't face the Spurs in the 2nd round. Spurs-Pistons for finals again. Spurs for rings, just because of Horry.

Are u serious??? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Lakers beat the Mavs 2-1 in their 3 meetings of this season. Now I understand that's only 3 games, but I think that set is classified as a "regular season SERIES." One in which we were victorious. Like stated by another member earlier in the thread, the Mavs just blew a lead to the "best" team in the East (which we also recently beat) resulting in another loss for their squad and although it may look like it on paper, Dallas is not in the same league as the Spurs. Even if they didn't get SA in the 2nd round (assuming they make it that far), I doubt they even could handle the Nuggets! If not them, perhaps the Suns? Right now the only teams I would take Dallas over (in the West) would be Memphis, and Sactown.

PS. I think we might see Miami or New Jersey as ECChamps this year. Detroit is slowly losing it swagger.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject:

*TheNextKobe* wrote:
Are u serious??? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Lakers beat the Mavs 2-1 in their 3 meetings of this season. Now I understand that's only 3 games, but I think that set is classified as a "regular season SERIES." One in which we were victorious. Like stated by another member earlier in the thread, the Mavs just blew a lead to the "best" team in the East (which we also recently beat) resulting in another loss for their squad and although it may look like it on paper, Dallas is not in the same league as the Spurs. Even if they didn't get SA in the 2nd round (assuming they make it that far), I doubt they even could handle the Nuggets! If not them, perhaps the Suns? Right now the only teams I would take Dallas over (in the West) would be Memphis, and Sactown.

Am I serious? For sure I am. Dallas is a damned good team. It doesn't matter whether they won or lost a season series to someone, heck, Detroit lost both of their games against Utah. They're still on a whole other planet in terms of quality when compared to the Jazz. Also, Detroit has lost to Atlanta, so has San Antonio too. I think either of them lost twice. Don't say it means something. It really doesn't. Regular season =//= playoffs.

As for whether picking Dallas over whom and not, I doubt the Nuggets have any chances to beat them. The Nuggets aren't as good as people think. They're a great team for sure, but I would pick all the other Western teams in playoffs over them. All. Phoenix is another case. Their style of game would most likely kill Dallas, but that applies to every team in the league. But with the seeding rules, Dallas would have to go past San Antonio in the 2nd round in order to face Phoenix. That's not going to happen, San Antonio is by far the best and most experienced team in the Western Conference. That does mean a lot.

All in all, Dallas is the third best team in the West thinking of the playoffs. I would pick only San Antonio and (even Amare-less) Phoenix over them. What is though the reality in this game, every team is capable of beating any team they face. Just on the longer run the better teams tend to hold on to it and capture it.

*TheNextKobe* wrote:
PS. I think we might see Miami or New Jersey as ECChamps this year. Detroit is slowly losing it swagger.

I don't think we'll see both of those two in the WCF. That's because of the seeding rules and even gamewise Detroit is so much better than those teams. Remember that the Nets have made multiple good runs this year, them making one now doesn't mean (bleep). They might just as well lose the next five. They won't stand a chance against the Pistons in long series, Prince-Hamilton-Billups -line-up will plain and simple shut Kidd-Carter-Jefferson down. The Nets could win two, three is highly unlikely, winning the series is almost impossible. Pistons' target has been from day one to be in the NBA finals and nothing else really matters. That's why they'll make it.

Miami will have problems making it past the Nets in the second round. Indiana could cause a lot of problems as well. They - despite their roster being full of "big" names - are not of the calibre to win the championship. It's San Antonio at latest that trashes them. Most likely Detroit will stop their run in the ECF, especially if Miami doesn't get a healthy Zo back.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:

Detroit will win it. No question. They have the best defense since the 80's Pisstons. Miami has no chance at all - Stay Puff is quickly turning into Shawn Klump. The Spurms may have the second best chance depending on Parker's play. Dallas is the dark-horse. Peanux may also step up with Amare back.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

There are many strong contender's out there, you never know who might win it! I feel teams who scrape playoff spots may just pull something out the bag! And obviously we're all routing for the Lakers to win!! If we can keep up what we're producing at the moment, we're shore to go far!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Peanux may also step up with Amare back.

Amare got just injured again. He may miss the rest of the season.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Damn, sounds like a chronic thing. Hope he doesn't end up like Grant over the Hill. The Suns don't stand a chance w/o their MVP Amare Sodomizer.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Damn, sounds like a chronic thing. Hope he doesn't end up like Grant over the Hill. The Suns don't stand a chance w/o their MVP Amare Sodomizer.

He underwent the same injury that eventually took out Allan Houston and Penny Hardaway (maybe even Grant Hill), and one that has affected Jason Kidd's, Chris Webber's and many other's game notably. Chances are - as some have already predicted - that he will never be the same player he was. I hope that is not going to be true, I like the kid. But this injury he had is a horrible one, one of the worst imaginable in pro-basketball.
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

well luckily Amare is only 23. probably has a good chance of healing fully. his main problem will be a psychological one. gaining confidence in his knee and not being afraid to explode and land on his feet. something he'll have to work out this summer. hopefully he'll be ok cause its fun to watch the guy.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: I think The Mavericks will win it all

froghat wrote:
It took them 5 years to realize they needed to play some defense but I think they finally get it. I hope they take out Detroit!

Please send some of that sticky green you are smoking my direction. It would be greatly appreciated.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: