***OFFICIAL Lakers Vs. Spurs Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fadeaway8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan4life69 wrote:
last time we played seattle, we literally couldn't stop them.

lakers has problems with any team that runs alot, like seatle and phoenix. Thats lakers might as well drop to 8th spot and face spurs/mavs instead of phoenix. Lakers have not beaten phoenix in .. forever.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Notice how our biggest mismatch, LO, can't get the ball because of Kobe's presence? That's why you leave Kobe out just a bit longer than normal. LO OWNS the Spurs. Why not ride him til they figure out a way to stop him?

Because everyone will just pass to Kobe without even thinking, and he won't FORCE the ball inside to LO.

OH yah....God forbid we get the ball to Kobe........Lamar should support Kobe......he is the bread and butter......Your so damn obvious clown.....

Yeah, whatever Jocker. If you couldn't see that LO was ROLLING and Kobe should have been a playmaker in that stretch then keep up the good nut-hugging work.

Yes! Kobe 9 of 26! GODLIKE!

Lamar is 4-13. Any different? :roll:

Kobe is the so-called the best player in the league. Are you telling me he can't give Odom the ball in the post when he has a mismatch instead of shooting a fadeaway over Bowen? :roll: Uh huh, different alright.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

business as usual for the spurs. waltz into LA this week, and hammer both teams.
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

This game was lost when we let Tony parker get into the paint over and over again. The game was just like the last home game against the spurs. It's not Kobe's fault it's the teams fault for not taking advantage of many chances to get back into the game and not playing good TEAM D like we did the last time we played the Spurs
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LOL.... games like this always bring so much love to the board.

Sad 2nd half.

And the first thing TNT announces is that KOBE shot poorly. Not like they weren't ready to concentrate on that even before the game.

Jake Speed, 1986
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

We lost the game in that six minute stretch where SA went on a 19-2 run. Result, ballgame.
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

magic_bryant wrote:
junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Notice how our biggest mismatch, LO, can't get the ball because of Kobe's presence? That's why you leave Kobe out just a bit longer than normal. LO OWNS the Spurs. Why not ride him til they figure out a way to stop him?

Because everyone will just pass to Kobe without even thinking, and he won't FORCE the ball inside to LO.

OH yah....God forbid we get the ball to Kobe........Lamar should support Kobe......he is the bread and butter......Your so damn obvious clown.....

Yeah, whatever Jocker. If you couldn't see that LO was ROLLING and Kobe should have been a playmaker in that stretch then keep up the good nut-hugging work.

Yes, there is a difference. LO forced at least 6 fouls that I know of, simply because they could NOT guard him. Force them to foul you, and watch as you begin getting trip after trip to the Ft line. Kobe wasn't getting the calls, no reason to keep shooting. Force them to foul SOMEBODY, damn!

Both Lamar and Kobe went to the line 5 times.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

BigE32 wrote:
We lost the game in that six minute stretch where SA went on a 19-2 run. Result, ballgame.

Definitely. Looked like we might have a chance to claw back, but Duncan and Horry were hitting their shots, and our top two guys were not doing the same.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

junebug wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Yes, there is a difference. LO forced at least 6 fouls that I know of, simply because they could NOT guard him. Force them to foul you, and watch as you begin getting trip after trip to the Ft line. Kobe wasn't getting the calls, no reason to keep shooting. Force them to foul SOMEBODY, damn!

Kobe 6 turnovers, Odom 2.
NW Laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Seems like I've said this before, but this one is on PJ's shoulders. When is he going to learn that you don't let your team fall behind by like 18 points before you call a timeout? Just insane.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Hold your own nuts clown....if you got them..... lamar is Kobe's side kick....Kobe knows when to strike,and when to dish......But he cant do it when he only plays 3 minutes in the 4th....

He USUALLY knows when to pass and when to shoot. Not tonight. If he did, he would have forced the ball downlow to LO who was forcing the Spurs to converge on him and either, A) foul him, B) let him score a layup, C) let him score a layup AND foul him, or C) double him and watch as he kicked to open teammates who could make a play.

If you can't see that LO was killing the Spurs during that stretch, and has CONSISTENTLY killed the Spurs anytime he's been asked to be the 1st option against them, then we may as well not even argue about it, cause your Kobe-love will not let you see the truth.

Against any other team, Kobe should be the 1st option. Against the Spurs, LO should. They simply don't have the size or athleticism to guard him.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Its true - the Spurs usually get the benefit of the doubt with the refs. It happened on numerous occasions tonight. But the refs aren't the reason we lost this game. They may have played a part, but you can't pin it on them. We are young, and very, very streaky. Which is why we are a .500 ball club.

Lets move on and hope for a win tommorrow night.

Jake Speed, 1986
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Very disapointing performance. This place was buzzing before tip off and know we are turning on each other.
Hopefully we can pick up the pieces and get back on track against Seattle.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

magic_bryant wrote:
junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

23 pts on 26 shots with 6 TO's
13 pts on 13 shots with 2 TO's
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

tgf5 wrote:
junebug wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

You guys are amazing. :roll:
straylight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
ENOUGH Kobe hate and blame. Pinning this loss on him is not accurate. He hasn't had a good game, but many things have led to this loss.

Exactly.

All I was saying is that everyone should have kept playing like they were. Force the ball inside to LO and play off him. Kobe didn't do that while he was in the game. When he came in, he shot a couple 3s and missed, throwing off any momentum we had.

I understand your frustration magic_bryant. Kobe did not play within a team concept the second half, but to be truthful the team concept was totally broken anyway. But the substance of your post, as written, is in diametric opposition to what TEEGUN was saying. Therefore prefacing it with "exactly" is a bit confusing. It may be boring but you have to actually repeat TEEGUN's sentiments in your post for people to think that you truly believe kobe was not solely to blame for this loss. If that is what you believe.

-stray

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So you actually think LO played a bad game?
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

I'll blame Kobe for the loss. He cant go on one 1-7 and 0-7 stretches within one game. Even if the Spurs shoot 6/14 on those shots we are down atleast 12 points not includeing Spurs threes. Kobe still hasn't got his game up to January/February level and we are running out of time. He needs to re-focus and get ready for the playoffs.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

fadeaway8 wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:

lakers has problems with any team that runs alot, like seatle and phoenix. Thats lakers might as well drop to 8th spot and face spurs/mavs instead of phoenix. Lakers have not beaten phoenix in .. forever.

it's not going to matter much.
in the playoffs vs. the Spurs it's 4 & done
vs. the Suns it's probably 4 & done, although they might get lucky & steal 1
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

junebug wrote:

You guys are amazing. :roll:

That was easy.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

NW Laker wrote:
Seems like I've said this before, but this one is on PJ's shoulders. When is he going to learn that you don't let your team fall behind by like 18 points before you call a timeout? Just insane.

Phil was another big factor in the loss. His TO calling is ridiculous for an NBA coach.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

straylight wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
ENOUGH Kobe hate and blame. Pinning this loss on him is not accurate. He hasn't had a good game, but many things have led to this loss.

Exactly.

All I was saying is that everyone should have kept playing like they were. Force the ball inside to LO and play off him. Kobe didn't do that while he was in the game. When he came in, he shot a couple 3s and missed, throwing off any momentum we had.

I understand your frustration magic_bryant. Kobe did not play within a team concept the second half, but to be truthful the team concept was totally broken anyway. But the substance of your post, as written, is in diametric opposition to what TEEGUN was saying. Therefore prefacing it with "exactly" is a bit confusing. It may be boring but you have to actually repeat TEEGUN's sentiments in your post for people to think that you truly believe kobe was not solely to blame for this loss. If that is what you believe.

-stray

But I'm NOT blaming Kobe for the loss. I've not said that once. I was pissed at his play, sure. But I'm not blaming him. I said "Exactly", to show that I agreed. The second part of my message was on a different topic. Should have made note of that.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
fadeaway8 wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:

it's not going to matter much.
in the playoffs vs. the Spurs it's 4 & done
vs. the Suns it's probably 4 & done, although they might get lucky & steal 1

Yup. Games like this show us exactly where we are really at. A bubble playoff team. We will most likely get in, barring a major injury, but that's about as far as we will get.

Jake Speed, 1986
KtotheBryant8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
junebug wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Tarzan008 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

yes we get it kobe is the devil... lets trade him and give the team to lamar and everyone in this room is able to play better than kobe and everyone here is the top coach and blah blah blah blah... then the 5 million oh lamar is back to his same old self days threads.... after one bad game in a couple months... and the other 3498357 million kwame sucks threads just cuz we lost and boo hoo and (bleep) like that... but it makes no difference that there is a reason why they are the defending champs and we are a learning team... if we lose we msut blame someone cuz we can all do better :roll:
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

The loss came because of Smush's putrid D, Turnovers, and our Bigs inability to rotate. If Smush would just stay AFTER TP, whether he blows by him or not, it'd make a WORLD of difference.

Notice how when Sasha plays D on Parker, he's always passing it off? That's because Sasha doesn't just "give up" on the play. He stays after him, making TP "think" about where he's at, slowing him up just enough to make a difference.

If you could put Sasha's brain and, most importantly, heart in Smush's body, you'd have one of the top defensive PGs, league-wide.

However, we can't.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: