Carlos Boozer playing his way to L.A.?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Carlos Boozer playing his way to L.A.?

Quote:
"He's putting up big numbers [22.3 ppg and 10.0 rpg in the past eight games] and he's got a nice thing going with Okur and Kirilenko. I'd like to coach those three. Kirilenko is such a great two-way player on the wing and Okur and Boozer can play inside and outside. Boozer can't go as far out as Okur can, but he's a good shooter out to about 17 feet.

"I also think all that trade [speculation] about Boozer is giving him some extra juice. You keep hearing that he wants to go to L.A. [to play for the Lakers] and he has to know that he's going to have to play his way there. After missing so much time [with a hamstring injury], he's going to have to play his way into a trade if that's what he wants.

LINK
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I would offer Chris Mihm, Aaron Mckie, and a resigned Brian Cook for Carlos Boozer. Would that work?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Depends how much leverage he has.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I would think they would ask for Kwame or Bynum if they dont get Lamar or Kobe, but then again if Carlos Boozer really hates Utah (which I can't see him liking it) and pulls a Alonzo/Vince Carter on them. Maybe even a T-mac.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Funny stuff in that game against the Clipps. According to the box Carlos played the center position unless the box has a typo on it...

Carlos suffered in this game with but 9points, but something unusual for Carlos he picked up 11 rebounds against the Clipps.
TIMMM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

i would give up bynum for boozer in a heartbeat
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

if anything the way he is playing his hurting his chances to play in LA. he's increasing his stock and i don't think LA will give utah the players they feel they deserve for him.
Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
I would offer Chris Mihm, Aaron Mckie, and a resigned Brian Cook for Carlos Boozer. Would that work?

\
Nope. After George and his $5 mil leaves, we don't have enough to trade unless we give up Kwame too.
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
I would think they would ask for Kwame or Bynum if they dont get Lamar or Kobe, but then again if Carlos Boozer really hates Utah (which I can't see him liking it) and pulls a Alonzo/Vince Carter on them. Maybe even a T-mac.

The Jazz want a good young vet SG with upside.

The Lakers need a trade Partner.

They will see if they can find a team with a good spare SG and in need of a C(MIHM)

Boozer has decided he will not play defense since he signed his big contract. That has lowered his value. He is not worth an all-star or near all-star. The best they can hope for is a good young vet with star potential.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

NestT wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:

They will see if they can find a team with a good spare SG and in need of a C(MIHM)

Boozer has decided he will not play defense since he signed his big contract. That has lowered his value. He is not worth an all-star or near all-star. The best they can hope for is a good young vet with star potential.

eh?
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:

That is not allowed anymore. If they do it, they will be suspended.
BigGameYimmy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Don't know about salaries but I imagine Odom + picks would work. I wouldn't want to trade Kwame, he's the big we need. Still, there aren't many players of Odom's size with his incredible versatility, so it would be tough to give that up. I'll put my faith in PJ and Mitch to make the best choice on where to lead this team. Boozer/Kwame would be a lethal frontcourt, but we'd need to replace Lamar's incredible passing (good passing big guard).
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
NestT wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:

eh?

good young vet= guy that has been in the league at least four years and is 26 years old or younger.

If he is say 24 10 pts 3 rebs 1 stl or better with good athleticism and good defense and coaches think he can get better.

If he is say 26 15 pts 3 rebs 1 stl or better with good athleticism and good defense and coaches think he can still get better.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

Mihm + a signed George + 1st round pick for Boozer and Harpring
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Carlos Boozer playing his way to L.A.?

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Quote:
"He's putting up big numbers [22.3 ppg and 10.0 rpg in the past eight games] and he's got a nice thing going with Okur and Kirilenko. I'd like to coach those three. Kirilenko is such a great two-way player on the wing and Okur and Boozer can play inside and outside. Boozer can't go as far out as Okur can, but he's a good shooter out to about 17 feet.

"I also think all that trade [speculation] about Boozer is giving him some extra juice. You keep hearing that he wants to go to L.A. [to play for the Lakers] and he has to know that he's going to have to play his way there. After missing so much time [with a hamstring injury], he's going to have to play his way into a trade if that's what he wants.

LINK

hey he could have prevented all 4 of nazr's baskets last night!!

:roll:
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject:

I'm missing the logic here.

How does he play his way to LA by doing well?

If he was a free agent I'd understand. Playing well now though only drives up utah's asking price.

Playing inconsistently would be the best way to "play" his way to LA wouldn't it?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

bambam wrote:

hey he could have prevented all 4 of nazr's baskets last night!!

nextphenom23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject:

I think Boozer is just trying to play his way out of Utah and into another team. It might not be us, it could be any other team. He's not happy with the Jazz and he just wants to get out. He might want to come here but I think he'll be happy playing anywhere else.

The Spurs will never live up to the dynasty we created
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
Mihm + a signed George + 1st round pick for Boozer and Harpring

Yes please!!!!

But I highly doubt they'd go for that.

But anything is possible if we can get a 3rd team involved.

I know with trades, you have to "give to get," but I just really don't want to trade Odom or Kwame. Winning teams keep a solid core of players together. We've got that now, and they're getting better each game. You can't break that up now.

Cook, Walton, Devean, even Mihm or Sasha I'd trade, but NOT Odom or Kwame (or Turiaf or Bynum).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject:

Utah wants a SG + A big.

The Lakers have Mihm but not the SG. So in order to make a trade, it will likely have to be a three way that has the SG coming from the third team

At this point though, I think I rather go for a good shotblocker that can play from mid-range/triple threat than Boozer. Boozer is a stud role player, but I don't think Kwame-Booz starting C-PF has enough shotblocking .....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

nextphenom23 wrote:
I think Boozer is just trying to play his way out of Utah and into another team. It might not be us, it could be any other team. He's not happy with the Jazz and he just wants to get out. He might want to come here but I think he'll be happy playing anywhere else.

I've been on the sidelines, saving my 1000th post for awhile; finally, I have something worthy of the big 1K posting...

I have been told by a source in camp Boozer (someone influential in his decision making and development as a player), that he still wants to come to LA. Badly. This is where he wanted to be drafted in the first place, and was sure he would be (he worked out for the Lakers pre-draft, and really, really wanted to play with Shaq and Kobe; to this day, he is NOT one of those guys the media likes to think would not want to play with "ballhog Bryant" and in fact, he would still love to play with Kobe, and has never stopped talking about it). I haven't heard anything such as him pulling something a "Alonzo" to get traded. Just that the Lakers are Boozers #1 choice to play with, IF it was up to him.

The fact that the Lakers have been, and continue to be, where he wants to play above all other teams, is big. That said, it's not like he can just pack his bags and come on over (apparently he has thought being a Laker was going to happen once before, and was really, really bummed that it didn't happen, or so I was told); it's up to Utah and LA to make it happen. Whether those cards may even be placed on the table is another story...
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

I would think you would have to add a future #1 to make the first proposed deal work. I'm o.k. with trading Mihm, hate to see him go because he's improving and seems like a good guy, but that's the biz.
The people jocking a trade of Lamar are, IMO, out of their minds. The change in him over the last month and a half is startling. First and foremost, he's figured out the offense, and understands his role. His role as initiator is crucial, his defense has been very-very good, not great, but close.. his rebounding is outstanding for a three. You just don't trade this guy, his style is different than Pip, but his overall impact game to game is getting close.
This team is making huge steps, considering gaping holes at two positions. Get a reliable guard to pair with Kobe, someone who plays relentless D and hits open shots... and Get a four who can defend, and hit a 15-18 footer with some consistency. If they can do those two things without trading from the core of Kobe/Lamar/Kwame/Bynum then this team could contend next year.
I'm not 100% sold on Boozer as a defender, but his rebounding and scoring make him very tempting. If we get him, the next question is who do we get to help in the backcourt?
The Kobe Era 2K5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

I'd throw Mihm, George, McKie and draft picks for Boozer...
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

How about a 3 team trade of

Lakers trade
Chris
Devean(2y 11mill
1st round pick

Lakers get
Boozer

Jazz trade
Boozer

Jazz get
JR Smith
Chris Mimh
Moochie Norris
They get a 10/7 center a good young 2 who can pair up with D-Will and be one of the best back-courts in a couple years.They also get a good back up with an exp contract

NO trade
JR Smith
Moochie Norris

No get
Devean
1st round pick(2007)
They move JR Smith who has not been a good fit for this team all year in the locker room and on the court.They get a good vet at the 3 who has a postive attitude on this young team.And also get a 1st round pick
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

After what Kwame's been doing?!?!? Hell no Utah gets him for Boozer......Mihm, McKie and Cook will do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: