is this a joke? Kareem Rush waived from bobcats?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
Quote:
I'd rather have Rush than Von Wafer. I don't think Wafer has the focus to ever become a true starter. Rush started to come into his own after we traded him away...

I would have to disagree... I think that Von has a much higher upside potential than that of Rush.

Von has shown that he can be a deadly shooter as evidenced in the pre-season. He has also demonstrated his athletici ability to much more superior that Rush and Von's defense would be far superior than that of Rush once Von gets some NBA experience behind him.

Von is still only 19 and very raw, but has exceptional athletism and has more facets to his game than Rush has ever shown. I can forsee Von one day developing into a very good PG, which is something Rush I don't think could ever do, imo.

But with that said, Rush is certainly an upgrade to two other players currently on our roster by the names of Mckie and Jackson. Add the fact that Rush is more knowledgable of the Triangle that these other two I think that Rush could be a great addition as a backup to Kobe, assuming the Rush would warm up to this role on the Lakers.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Sign him for two years (this & next) @ the LLE, maybe with the second year only fully guaranteed after Dec 15th or something, then limit Kobe's minutes down the stretch to around 32-35 to get him fresh for the playoffs. Get Rush 15-20 mpg, some shots and voila!........

......We have a young cheap SG to package with Mihm and change to Utah for Boozer. A proven center and a 10-12 ppg shooting guard who's young enough to still improve , maybe Miami's #1 and one more contract as filler (McKie?) might do the trick for Utah. I suppose we'd cut Jackson to make it happen but if was going to contribute he'd have been off the bench by now.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

^ Excellent and insightful post.

This speaks to the fact that it would probably end up a win/win situation for us if we replace either Mckie or Jackson with Rush.

If Rush stands out in the remainder of the season I don't really think we would even have to add Miami's # 1 at all in this scenario.

And if it doesn't lend itself to a trade we would still have a solid veteran shooter as backup to rest Kobe the next year or two, while Von or possibly the Miami draft pick matures.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

gracias!

hey, if he doesn't go out and we lose George either in a S&T or in free agency, another triangle vet off the bench isn't the worst thing to have.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

well even though we cant have him during the playoffs he might help in securing the 7th spot maybe even the 6th if memphis folds y not i say
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I would take Rush over Wafer any day of the week. Wafer may have potential but he will never average 10 points per game in the NBA like Rush did this year. Go for it, they can use him at 2G and Profit at SF if they dont intend to bring back George. Jim Jackson is a FA anyway.
TIMMM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

"PULL THE TRIGGER MITCH"

Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

i'd rather have rush than either Green or McKie (or Mitch for that matter), but not Wafer.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

It's sad to see that Kareem Rush is following the same path as his older brother Jaron Rush who played at UCLA under Steve Lavin both guys had a bunch of potential but never maximized their full potential.Also on a side note Kareems and Jaron's younger brother is playing at Kansas for the Jayhawks.He was a freshman this year but I only saw him pay briefly this year in the tourney.I'm not sure if Brandon Rush is better than Kareem and Jaron.

Kareem Rush's best moment here with the Lakers was in game 6 of the 2004 WCF when he got hot and nailed six three's for us and helped send KG and the T'wolves packing.I still remeber being live at staples for that game with my homie.Also if I remeber correctly that season there was a road game in Denver that season where Kareem Rush nailed a game winning 3 at the end.
_LAKESHOW_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:

phil might go for a guy like kareem, only through familiarity. phil does that. guys who have a repore with him in the past, and have quality play . . . he'll go back and get 'em.

with that said, its a toss up whether the LAKERS would take a chance in pickin this guy up.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

OK, if we're going to cut anyone to pick up Rush, CUT GREEN!!! Dude is absolutely worthless and has no business being on this team! I didn't read all 5 pages, but I read three and no one even mentioned cutting Green!
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
OK, if we're going to cut anyone to pick up Rush, CUT GREEN!!! Dude is absolutely worthless and has no business being on this team! I didn't read all 5 pages, but I read three and no one even mentioned cutting Green!

Haha!

Devin Green is our Samaki Walker and the scary part is Samaki was starting for us 1 year.

Devin Green & Von need to go they have no business on the NBA they would get owned by 7th graders in school.
Antibalas
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject:

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
Couldn't they have waited a few days before cutting him? :roll:

The fact that they didn't want him around for even a few days more before cutting him speaks volumes about how unhappy they were with his work ethic and attitude. Losing often brings out the worst in players, and apparently this was one of those situations.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
Quote:
i'd rather have rush than either Green or McKie (or Mitch for that matter), but not Wafer.

Your jab at Mitch made me laugh. Any opportunity to flame him I suppose...

So I guess since you like Rush then what you are saying is that Mitch did the right thing when he drafted Rush in the first place???

Oh no, I'm sure that Mitch couldn't do anything right, not even ending up with Turiaf as a result of trading Rush.

Or not even ultimately obtaining Kwame and Odom and a draft pick for an aging Shaq under restricting circumstances placed upon him by both Buss's desire to dump Shaq and Shaq's trade constraints.

Or not even acquiring Mihm our starting center at the age of 26 for players that were of no help to us at all.

Or not even pulling off a diversion to obtain Bynum who all say is a huge prospect (as evidenced by the interest in him) at center for the future.

Or bringing in a free agent by the name of Smush Parker who frankly we would be in a bad way at that position otherwise.

But as I said, your jab at Mitch was funny non the less...

Mailman04 wrote:
Quote:
I would take Rush over Wafer any day of the week. Wafer may have potential but he will never average 10 points per game in the NBA like Rush did this year. Go for it, they can use him at 2G and Profit at SF if they dont intend to bring back George. Jim Jackson is a FA anyway.

Agree with you except for the Wafer part. So quickly we forget how Wafer was tearing up the Summer League. This guy can flat out shoot the ball. Von is only 19 years old and will take time, but he has already shown that he will be an effective scorer. Von has had problems adapting to the Triangle, but other than that he has shown promise actually at both ends of the floor as evidence before the season started. One the regular season was under way Von was dropped from any kind of rotation.

But I think the guy will definitely become a better scorer than Rush in the end, imo.

LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:
Quote:
hey, if he doesn't go out and we lose George either in a S&T or in free agency, another triangle vet off the bench isn't the worst thing to have.

agreed...

vicman wrote:
Quote:
well even though we cant have him during the playoffs he might help in securing the 7th spot maybe even the 6th if memphis folds y not i say

Excellent angle. If Jackson or Mckie aren't contributing (Jackson's case due to the Triangle learning curve I suppose and Mckie due to health I suppose) then it would seem that Rush with his knowledge of the Triangle and apparent good health would diffinitely be an upgrade.

This very well could win us a couple of games possibly and if it allowed us to move up to 6th seed and avoid the Suns in the first round this would be huge.

Also we might be able to obtain him cheaper at this stage of the season as well and give us the added security of a Triangle savy player considering that we could lose George or either Jackson or Mckie doesn't work out etc etc.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: