Lebron James is NICE!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azamf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Lebron James is NICE!!!

47 Points, 12 boards and TEN assist. Triple double with near 50 points in scoring against the heat. I don't think I've ever seen that.

I was never a big fan of Lebron because of all the hype when he was coming out of HS, but his game and personality has grown on me. This guy really is a very efficient basketball player. He scores very efficient, gets boards and his team involved.

I don't think there is another player like him in the league. I think the only thing that sets him apart from Kobe (for now) is the fact that Lebron has a better team and Kobe is more Clutch and plays better defense.

Don't get me wrong, with utmost confidence, I can say I am Kobe's biggest fan, but I think Lebron is (aside from championships) is gaining on Kobe as for as best player in the league with those kind of numbers.

Kobe has been passing a lot more as of late, but I think he holds on to the ball too long and sometime he is indecisive on offense. This affacts his ability to get players involved like Lebron or general point gaurds ( I know Kobe is not PG). By the way the Cavs beat the heat.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has some faults, but there's really not much to hate about LeBron or his game. You can blame ESPN for the hype, but LeBron is doing his job, and very well.

I never got the hype for Wade's defense either. This guy is a MATADOR and he would volunteer to take the tough matchups if he was such a good defender.

True story - no one besides Kobe has gone for 40 in a Laker game this year. Wade's team on the other hand, Vince has gone off for 51, J. Rich for 44, LeBron for 47 twice, Pierce, and so on. That's a far cry from holding Vince to just 10.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

right now, Kobe's weakness is LeBron's strength (natural passer, ability to efficiently score) and LeBron's weakness is Kobe's strength (killer instinct, defense).

It's going to be interesting to see who is going to be able to minimize that weakness and lead a team to a championship in the next few years.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Who cares? This belongs in the other forum.

As for Kobe being indecisive:

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
right now, Kobe's weakness is LeBron's strength (natural passer, ability to efficiently score) and LeBron's weakness is Kobe's strength (killer instinct, defense).

It's going to be interesting to see who is going to be able to minimize that weakness and lead a team to a championship in the next few years.

:roll:

If Kobe is to lead a team to a championship, it won't have to do with doing away with a perceived weakness, but with improved talent and cohesion on this team.

^^ Farmar

dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Great game by a great player! 8)

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I just caught the last 8 minutes of the game, and Bron was unbelievable. He took over on offense while still finding his teammates. He always plays under such control. He has the kind of shot selection that I always hoped Kobe would be able to develop. He doesn't force anything. Great game for Lebron.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:

Aren't you tired of crapping on Kobe?
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I just caught the last 8 minutes of the game, and Bron was unbelievable. He took over on offense while still finding his teammates. He always plays under such control. He has the kind of shot selection that I always hoped Kobe would be able to develop. He doesn't force anything. Great game for Lebron.

Why would kobe develop anything from lebron....hasnt kobe been in the league longer and has been to the playoffs numerous times....
On the other hand, lebron needs to be an assasin like kobe and go for the jugular....BUT i digress lebron is a great player
showtime1308
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Bron and Wade get the ball nearly every possession. Although Kobe shoots more he doesn't have the ball in his hands as often. That's why they can have both a high scoring game and a high assist game at the same time on a regular basis. They get screen after screen and can decipher what to do based on the defense. Kobe gets the ball on the wing generally in isolations where he faces the box and 1 defense almost exclusively. This is why he shoots so many jumpers. The Lakers should put Kobe in more screen roll or off the ball picks. It would make his life much easier. He wouldn't have to do all the work like he does now.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

showtime1308 wrote:
The Lakers should put Kobe in more screen roll or off the ball picks. It would make his life much easier. He wouldn't have to do all the work like he does now.

Agreed. When Kobe is a catch and shoot player, he is amazingly efficient. I hate to see Kobe put on dribbling shows apart from the all-star game.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

ignardlakerfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Why would kobe develop anything from lebron....hasnt kobe been in the league longer and has been to the playoffs numerous times....
On the other hand, lebron needs to be an assasin like kobe and go for the jugular....BUT i digress lebron is a great player

It's not about developing "from lebron", it's something I was hoping he'd develop on his own before Lebron was even in the league.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is the second best player in the NBA, nuff said.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersPride
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I hate to say it because I LOVE KOBE....but I think LeBron has surpassed him as the best player in the league.

I'd rather have LeBron then Kobe now...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersPride wrote:
I hate to say it because I LOVE KOBE....but I think LeBron has surpassed him as the best player in the league.

Troll Alert.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

LakersPride wrote:

After one game, just like that? o_0

cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersPride wrote:

Easy solution. Since we aren't getting rid of Kobe, you should go pull for Cleveland.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersPride wrote:

yea after one game huh. so i guess when kobe drops another 81 your mind will change? and then lebron drops 40 you'll switch back to lebron right? just all out stupid thinking

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Stylistic Stylez wrote:
yea after one game huh. so i guess when kobe drops another 81 your mind will change? and then lebron drops 40 you'll switch back to lebron right? just all out stupid thinking

The guy is obviously a troll.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

It was a good game. I really wish the Lakers had the Cavs supporting cast. Actually I like our starters I'd just like to have Marshall, Jones and Murray coming off the bench.

Can you imagine?

Hooray Mitch!!!!
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject:

he had a seemingly good game against a TRAVELING team with NO shaq, NO Zo, No James Posey; with Derek anderson starting as the small forward and a 3rd string center starting (michael doleac).

the cavs, with their wealth of underperforming talent, made the heat's udanis haslem into ALL-NBA player (7-11 shooting; 11 rebbies, in 35 minutes before fouling out, when the game was decided).

the cavs underperformed, nearly losing the game (11 ties; 9 lead changes). although LBJ made several very nice passes, he was also passing the ball to the other team.

in the final two minutes, he finally began asserting himself in the paint (instead of trying to hit the trey).
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:

Just give me Marshall, I'll be happy.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject:

All I say to LeBron is thanks for being on my fantasy team
A Rush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:

I'm just surprised how distressingly bad Lebron's defense really is. Phenomenal talent and pretty much the 2nd best offensive force in the league but his D is just horrible. I don't know whose bright idea it was to put Lebron on Wade but Wade just treated him like he didn't exist. Every single time, he just blew by Lebron with impunity, getting layups or wide open jumpers. It was embarassing to watch. The Cavs will really need to load up on good defensive players in the off-season to hide Lebron on D with great team defense if they ever want to even think of winning anything. He can't guard PGs or SGs and has problems guarding great SFs as well. You just can't have him anywhere near the opposing best players. He seems stuck when trying to move laterally.

On offense, though, the guy is wonderful to watch. Such control and poise and vision... A tank with courtesan finesse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: