Eminem and Royce Da 5'9 Release Statements On Proof's Death

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Eminem and Royce Da 5'9 Release Statements On Proof's Death

Following the unfortunate death of D12 rapper Deshaun "Proof" Holton, the result of an argument after hours at a nightclub on Detroit's 8 mile road. Best friend and group member Eminem, as well as long time friend Royce Da 5'9 have released statements to press.

Eminem -

"You don't know where to begin when you lose somebody who's been such a big part of your life for so long. Proof and I were brothers. Without Proof's guidance and encouragement there would have been a Marshall Mathers, but probably not an Eminem and certainly never a Slim Shady. Not a day will go by without his spirit and influence around us all. He will be missed as a friend, father and both the heart and ambassador of Detroit hip hop. Right now, there's a lot of people focusing on the way he died. I want to remember the way he lived. Proof was funny, he was smart, he was charming. He inspired everyone around him. He can never, ever be replaced. He was, and always will be, my best friend."

Royce -

"I am deeply saddened by the murder of someone I called a good friend. I've known Proof for over nine years and will always remember him for the joy and life that he brought into every room he entered. We first met at Detroit's Hip Hop Shop where Proof was hosting open mics and was considered by most to be Detroit's freestyle king. Even then you could tell there was something special about him."

"Some people might be familiar with a well-publicized beef that Proof and I had a couple of years ago. Thankfully though, we had not only resolved our conflict, but we also restored our friendship. Back in December, we went overseas together for a few spot dates in Europe where we had a chance to catch up on 'the good ole days.' We both laughed at how we sometimes forget how far we've come, until you look out of your hotel window and see London's Big Ben or Paris's EiffelTower. On that tour we had a chance to visit cities we never even knew existed. Not bad for two kids from Detroit, huh."

"His death is such a loss for the hip hop community, and especially for the city of Detroit. I hope that he will be remembered for the talented artist and great person that he was, and not the tragedy that he fell victim to. My thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family, friends, and anyone that was ever touched by him."

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article162538.html
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject:

Eminem sucks but this must be though for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: