Disgrunteled Players/Teams

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Disgrunteled Players/Teams

Just this week both Zack Randolph and Darius Miles were suspended by the Portland organization, for conduct detrimental to the team. The Denver media has been questioning Kenyon Martin's committment and future role on the Nuggets. Larry Brown has been ripping his team apart all year long, specifically Stephon Marbury.

All these players have huge contracts and could be shopped this off season and could potentially change the face of each conference if added to the right team.

Where will these players land? Should the Lakers be scared if a player like Zack Randolph is added to a team like the Nuggets or Utah?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Disgrunteled Players/Teams

vanexelent wrote:
Just this week both Zack Randolph and Darius Miles were suspended by the Portland organization, for conduct detrimental to the team. The Denver media has been questioning Kenyon Martin's committment and future role on the Nuggets. Larry Brown has been ripping his team apart all year long, specifically Stephon Marbury.

All these players have huge contracts and could be shopped this off season and could potentially change the face of each conference if added to the right team.

Where will these players land? Should the Lakers be scared if a player like Zack Randolph is added to a team like the Nuggets or Utah?

Randolph and Myles are lockeroom nukes and will be for the duration of their careers. Portland for some reason thinks that if you pay some $10 million, they'll act and play like $10 million. Not so.

Both these guys have contracts (particularly Randolph) with a lot of years that will make moving them very difficult. I would say they were redeemable if they were about to become FAs and they needed a new contract. Unfortunately, they got at least 4-5 more years of GOOD money coming in. What is the incentive to change their attitude??

So if Zack ended up someplace like Denver, everyone duck for cover. They already got a powerkeg of strong personalities.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

Is there any truth on those AI rumors?
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Disgrunteled Players/Teams

vanexelent wrote:

If Randolph leaves Portland, the only people that should be scared are bakery owners, Hostess distributors, and milkshake purveyors in the greater Portland area.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

There has been rumors surrounding AI all year long. Now add that fact that they missed the playoffs and it seems he may be on his way out of Phili.

Randolph and K-Mart have very similar contracts actually. Perhaps those two teams will be dealing with each other. If not, there's always the Knicks.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

AI sounds like he is not sure whether he will be traded or not. He says he wants to stay in Philly but he doesn't make those decisions. Long silence from management.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
AI sounds like he is not sure whether he will be traded or not. He says he wants to stay in Philly but he doesn't make those decisions. Long silence from management.

I think a team like the T-Wolves or Indiana will make a move for AI. They can both pair him with strong big men for a run at the playoffs at least. Indiana could offer up a sign and trade package of Peja and Stephan Jackson?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

OH, I'm glad you guys brought this up!

Does anybody know what was involved in the incident in which Geddes described last week when Darius missed the Laker contest as "Darius just completely lost his mind!"

What happened?

I gotta tell ya'll though... I feel sorry for Darius. Anybody who has went through the Clipper program normally stays in truama for at least 2-3 yrs... He may be one that was more damaged... Institutionalization, medication could all be necessary...
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Does anybody know what was involved in the incident in which Geddes described last week when Darius missed the Laker contest as "Darius just completely lost his mind!"

What happened?

I gotta tell ya'll though... I feel sorry for Darius. Anybody who has went through the Clipper program normally stays in truama for at least 2-3 yrs... He may be one that was more damaged... Institutionalization, medication could all be necessary...

I never heard the full story, but I think it had something to do with Miles getting dressed during a game without permission from the team. He just put street clothes on in the middle of a game...I think.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

What happened?

I never heard the full story, but I think it had something to do with Miles getting dressed during a game without permission from the team. He just put street clothes on in the middle of a game...I think.

Yeah, McMillian told him he wouldn't start, but to be ready to play. Miles didn't play in the first half. So during halftime he changed into his streetclothes and came out and sat on the bench at the start of the third quarter. Needless to say McMillian was pissed. Miles is an idiot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: