Lupe Fiasco Album Leaks Over The Weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Lupe Fiasco Album Leaks Over The Weekend

After learning about the internet leaking of his unmastered album, Food & Liquor, Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco released an online statement addressing the unfortunate situation.

"Hey (bleep) happens. An unmixed version of Food & Liquor got leaked yesterday," Lupe said. "It’s stuff like this that makes you wanna just be like, (bleep) it."

Lupe has been working on his would-be debut for about five years, and after seeing the release date get pushed back several times, and now having it leaked on to the internet months before its summer release, the 23-year-old rapper expressed his frustration.

"Lotta time and money and (bleep) went into creating that album. Over the years I’ve had my people die, get locked up, my company get shut down, weak ass (bleep) in my own crew turn against me and just when things are starting to look good… [and] later learn that everything I worked for just got leaked all over the internet kinda had me (bleep) up."

The Atlantic recording artist also said the album may be permanently shelved, and chocked it up as an impromptu episode in his Fahrenheit 1/15th mixtape series -- minus appearances from Jay-Z, Pharrell, Jill Scott, 3-6 Mafia and others who were expected to make the final version.

"Everything happens for a reason, and God wills what He wills when He wills, so I gotta take this one and keep it moving. I’m going to take some time out and refocus on some other things for a minute, maybe my sneaker and toy stuff. Eventually, God willing, get back in the studio and get back to work."

"I hope it doesn’t hit the streets as a bootleg, but I got this real deep feeling that it will, so I’m writing off Food & Liquor as you know it or may have heard it, and starting over. Thanks for the support and the love. Stay tuned. FNF Up!"

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article162663.html
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

Lupe is the future . He should have signed with a major label IMO to get more play on the radio and TV. I'm gonna cop the album.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: